Post a reply

dress-well-play-well-wst-partners-with-mccann-bespoke

Postby McManusFan

https://wst.tv/dress-well-play-well-wst ... n-bespoke/

This was mentioned briefly in a match thread, but I though it was worth having it's own thread.

I think this could be great news, and it's sensible sponsoring. I only hope it turns out better than the Hawes and Curtis thing they tried the other year, which resulted in all the players wearing crap fitting ugly shirts. It's probably the opposite of what Judd Trump wants, but if they can figure out a fit that's good for playing snooker then he'll be one to benefit. I just hope it doesn't result in all players looking identical.

Re: dress-well-play-well-wst-partners-with-mccann-bespoke

Postby Iranu

This should be getting more attention really for what a legitimately good development it is. If McCann provide players suits for free (doesn’t say if they’ll have to pay for it) that’s pretty huge for lower-ranked players, and I’ve said for a while that getting a suit sponsor is a no-brainer for both parties.

It also, hopefully, puts paid to Judd’s silly dress code ideas at least for a while.

I moan about WST/Matchroom as much as the next person but it’s only fair to praise them when they do something good, as well.

Next up: official chair sponsors. It’s not like those seats struggle for airtime!

Re: dress-well-play-well-wst-partners-with-mccann-bespoke

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:This should be getting more attention really for what a legitimately good development it is. If McCann provide players suits for free (doesn’t say if they’ll have to pay for it) that’s pretty huge for lower-ranked players, and I’ve said for a while that getting a suit sponsor is a no-brainer for both parties.

It also, hopefully, puts paid to Judd’s silly dress code ideas at least for a while.

I moan about WST/Matchroom as much as the next person but it’s only fair to praise them when they do something good, as well.

Next up: official chair sponsors. It’s not like those seats struggle for airtime!

Agreed. Good post.