Post a reply

Re: NOTW has released the unedited tapes

Postby Wildey

case

the tribuneral cant second guess if john would go through with it or not yes theres no crime thats why its not in the hands of the police but in terms of integrity of the sport players cant say that in jest and he was on tape saying it in a deal situation.

the question is how acurate was that edited version.

Postby Wildey

why are they getting themselves caught like this come on jesus christ use their bucking brains.

Postby Noel

Firstly, NOTW does a damn fine job of the damning job they do.
Secondly, where there is betting there is throwing.

A match made in heaven or hell?

=o|

Noel

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Good quote this, sums things up pretty well....

""It's important for everyone to bear in mind what Alec Stewart has said. The names of innocent people can often be drawn into scandal - for whatever reason - and we should not, must not assume that anyone is guilty until that has been proven to be the case." "

Postby Wildey

yes but we can still say they are bloody idiots to put themselves in this situation they are in.

Postby The Cueist

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Anyone got a hammer?

I couldnt agree more John,What kind of hammer?

Claw or Ball-Pein. ;)

To me this does not stand as it was not gonna be WSA sanctioned,A technicality that makes all the difference to my mind. <ok>

Postby Noel

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Anyone got a hammer?

John. Sit down John. I have a hammer for you.
It isn't a Johnny Cash hammer but I do know you'd have preferred that.
I hope you have the guts to get through this version and the heart to forgive me for it...

=o)

Noel

Postby Monique

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/197 ... llegations

JOHN HIGGINS TO ANSWER MATCH FIXING ALLEGATIONS

Sunday September 5,2010
By Hector Nunns

WORLD snooker No1 John Higgins will this week try to clear his name against match-fixing allegations that have cast a shadow over the sport.

Higgins, 35, was suspended from snooker in May after newspaper claims that he agreed to lose frames for £261,000 in proposed new tournaments.

The three-time world champion, who travelled to Kiev with ex-manager Pat Mooney for a meeting with undercover journalists posing as Russian businessmen, has always insisted he is innocent.

And having vowed to clear his name, Higgins has assembled a crack legal team to fight to save his career this week at an independent hearing.

But the delay in the case being heard – despite a pledge by World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn that the affair would be dealt with in “days or weeks, rather than months” – has been criticised by three-time world champ Ronnie O’Sullivan.

He is disappointed that both the player and the sport have been left in limbo. O’Sullivan, 34, said: “I do think they should have sorted it out by now, and shouldn’t have let it go on this long.

“If they had dealt with it earlier, then if he was guilty he’d be punished and we’d all know where we stood.

“If he was cleared, then he could have played in Shanghai this week and at the World Open in his home city, plus the Premier League.

“You are penalised by missing tournaments even before being proved guilty.

“Sooner rather than later means everyone would know where they stood. I have had things hanging over me before, and it’s not a nice feeling.

“He’s the world No1 and is, therefore, going to be high-profile, and we can’t all move on until it’s sorted.

“Barry Hearn moved quickly initially, announcing the suspension and the investigation. But since then it’s taken a long time to get to this week’s tribunal.”

Hearn initiated an internal investigation shortly after the allegations appeared on the eve of this year’s world championship final.

That report, conducted by former Metropolitan Police chief David Douglas, was then passed to Sports Resolutions. The tribunal will be headed by Ian Mill QC.

What Ronnie expresses there is no different to what many fans feel, and of course he has been there himself and John is a friend so his "criticisms" are understandable. If John is innocent he has paid a very high price for maybe just not reporting that approach immediately as he should have done, and when your career is at stake four months is an eternity of anguish and worry.
However four months is not really that long for such a serious investigation. Barry Hearn hoped that it could be dealt with before the new season began maybe, but as the various articles by "sporting intelligence" have highlighted, the case proved more complex than initially expected.
It is all important that the case would be handled with the uttermost care.
It is for the sport itself: when a member of the gouverning body board and a three times World Champion and current Number 1 are approached to set up match fixing and are under suspicion to have got along with it, it treathens the integrity of the sport to its very core. Especially when that sport relies so much on the betting business for its sponsoring. Trust must be restored and it can't be taken lightly.
It is important for John. He must be allowed enough time to carefully prepare his defence, to be given all the time and resources he needs to present his own version of the story and, hopefully clear his name and restore his honour.
Ronnie had to wait almost 8 months to know his fate over the walk-out, an incident that caused a lot of inconveniences but that by now way was treathening the foundation of snooker as a sport. Four months for such a serious and complex case really isn't that much even if, of course, for those involved and who's carreers are at stake, it is understanbly hard to take.

Postby Wildey

Regarding Ronnie and the Walk Out 8 months for that is stupidity we all saw what happened so for this involving John to be only 4 months is speed of light stuff.

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:Regarding Ronnie and the Walk Out 8 months for that is stupidity we all saw what happened so for this involving John to be only 4 months is speed of light stuff.

I've said it before and i'll say it again,The coup Higgins and Mooney were allegedly involved in was not carried out and most importantly was not a WSA sanctioned event.

In reality what can they really do about it with at best ,Questionable evidence.

Not a lot is what i say. <ok>

Postby Wildey

doesn't matter if donald duck and mickey mouse was sanctioning it cheating is cheating we cant start to say you can parakeet in the World Amateur Championship its not WSA Sanctioned...

if guilty HANG HIM HIGH <ok>

Postby GJ

8 year ban like quinten hann got

if not it will look like tHE WSA are being racist and biased against certain nationalities

Postby Roland

Racist <laugh>

For the last time GJ the 8 year thing isn't a precident as it wasn't a fair trial and was a kangaroo court behind closed doors.

Postby GJ

if higgins gets a far lesser ban for the same offence as quinten

Quinten may have a case to either have his ban reduced or sue the relevant authorities

Postby Noel

Sonny wrote:Racist <laugh>

For the last time GJ the 8 year thing isn't a precident as it wasn't a fair trial and was a kangaroo court behind closed doors.

What about Kirk Stevens?
For recreational drugs???????? WTF!!!!!!!
How can that possibly compare to bribe-taking and match-fixing in any sport??????

FIUNCSKAINNEG!

=o|

Noel

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:doesn't matter if donald duck and mickey mouse was sanctioning it cheating is cheating we cant start to say you can parakeet in the World Amateur Championship its not WSA Sanctioned...

bucking does mate,What power has the WSA got over any other event that is not it's own.

I have long suspected it wild that you talk utter bullocks,Again you have proved me right. :mood:

Postby Wildey

so its ok to have a parakeet playing in WSA Tournaments as long as he dont parakeet in them.

you get real i dont want that sort of sausage holding a bucking cue in practice ever again least of all playing in any tournament id sooner put a cleaver on his hand so its imposible for him to hold a bastard cue

IF HE IS GUILTY I HASTEN TO ADD.
Last edited by Wildey on 07 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Monique

The World Series events were meant to become part of EPTC so the whole discussion is irrelevant anyway: they were meant to become WPBSA events.

Postby Wildey

im sorry for the language but what cuist sais angers me thats like saying you can parakeet on your wife but dont do it with her sister.

total rubbish <doh>

Postby Witz78

The Cueist wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:doesn't matter if donald duck and mickey mouse was sanctioning it cheating is cheating we cant start to say you can parakeet in the World Amateur Championship its not WSA Sanctioned...

bucking does mate,What power has the WSA got over any other event that is not it's own.

I have long suspected it wild that you talk utter bullocks,Again you have proved me right. :mood:

i'll agree with you that wild does talk utter bullocks at times <laugh> BUT this isnt one of them times.

Im in 100% agreement with him and anyone else with sense should be. Yes on a technicality you could argue cos it wasnt a WSA event they shouldnt be able to ban him but no smoke without fire, once you have the name of a parakeet its a dark cloud over you.

You think if he cheats in WSOS events its no big deal and hes still welcome to play on the WSA tour??? To take no action would be a bit like saying a pervert whos caught tampering with 10 year old girls, yeh but its ok then to let him hang around with girls of 12 as he only has a track record of tampering with 10 year old girls. <doh>

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:The World Series events were meant to become part of EPTC so the whole discussion is irrelevant anyway: they were meant to become WPBSA events.

now that is a interesting point

so in a way the conversation in kiev was in relation to ranking events thats part of the PTC in europe.

Postby Monique

in relation with events that would potentially be part of it, yes. I remember being in the press room in the Crucible the next day and Barry Hearn was there and I asked if that meant that now the EPTC tour would be reduced. And he answered "No we'll find replacements". But initially it was supposed to be more international while now 4 events out of 6 are in Germany.
Last edited by Monique on 07 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

i'll agree with you that wild does talk utter bullocks at times <laugh> BUT this isnt one of them times.

Im in 100% agreement with him and anyone else with sense should be. Yes on a technicality you could argue cos it wasnt a WSA event they shouldnt be able to ban him but no smoke without fire, once you have the name of a parakeet its a dark cloud over you.

You think if he cheats in WSOS events its no big deal and hes still welcome to play on the WSA tour??? To take no action would be a bit like saying a pervert whos caught tampering with 10 year old girls, yeh but its ok then to let him hang around with girls of 12 as he only has a track record of tampering with 10 year old girls. <doh>

Exactly.

but like monique just pointed out they were WSA Events and renamed PTC.

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:im sorry for the language but what cuist sais angers me thats like saying you can parakeet on your wife but dont do it with her sister.

total rubbish <doh>

Oh!!FFS!!!wild <doh>

Dont use off beam metephors to make a point,Witz has come up with the something similar which is ridiculous to say the least.

I never said he should get away unpunished as he has brung the game into disrepute,What i am saying is that it was not in a WSA SANCTIONED EVENT,So what jurisdiction does the WSA have in this matter other than this whole sorry episode has caused the game disrepute but has not affected any results or rankings.

Think what you like,I think you are full of marmite and very,very ,Pious and what order of saints do you belong to wild? :chin:

And Witz,What the buck are you on with that slab of marmite you have used to demonstrate an argument on an alleged betting coup? :chin:

The pair of you are way over the top.

Sense!!!!buck me have any of you got any? :john: