Post a reply

Re: NOTW has released the unedited tapes

Postby Casey

Monique that report does not say Douglas has received the tapes, it suggests he has viewed them which is different going forward.

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:To be honest Witz, I cannot believe a professional player could miss by that much. It's his look when he flukes the pink though that got me...

Yes im not saying its the easiest pot ever but the only way you see pros miss this type of shot is either by it rattling the jaws when hut with pace, or being slightly undercut or overcut and therefore an edge of it clipping one of the knuckles of the pocket causing it to miss.

infact as i normally play with pace and am decent judging the angles even i wouldnt have missed it anything like as bad as Jamie did

Postby Noel

case_master wrote:Monique that report does not say Douglas has received the tapes, it suggests he has viewed them which is different going forward.

access to footage shot during the NotW investigation, but it is understood that he had conditional access (possibly on NotW premises), meaning he had to agree to some kind of indemnity waiver about the use of the footage.

NOTW in a major media player.
This is prima facie evidence in a big story.
Who imagines they would just say "Here ya go Dave bring em back on Wed. or there will be late charges".

=o|

Noel

Postby Noel

Witz78 wrote:infact as i normally play with pace and am decent judging the angles even i wouldnt have missed it anything like as bad as Jamie did

Ya mate... but we couldn't hear on the clip and Jamie could a
raspy woodka-laced voice say "шоб ты промахнулся".

=o|

Noel
Last edited by Noel on 28 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Monique

The important point is that they were made available to Douglas. So all the speculations about why NOTW didn't want to show them etc... fall flat. Douglas had access to them and decided to push the case to Resolution Sport with specific charges. The guardian writes Douglas handed the tapes to Resolution. If that's true he obviously got them. And the guardian is usually a serious paper and reliable.

Postby Noel

Monique wrote: with specific charges.And the guardian is usually a serious paper and reliable.

Yes.
"What are those specific charges".... I posted that question to The Guardian already.

=o)

Noel

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:The important point is that they were made available to Douglas. So all the speculations about why NOTW didn't want to show them etc... fall flat. Douglas had access to them and decided to push the case to Resolution Sport with specific charges. The guardian writes Douglas handed the tapes to Resolution. If that's true he obviously got them. And the guardian is usually a serious paper and reliable.

I don't think Douglas viewing them means it falls flat at all. It won't be Douglas suing them, they still seem reluctant for Higgins and Mooney's legal teams to view them so the issue is still there.
Also their reluctance to hand them over has a big question mark beside it. As does the alleged claim that they wanted Higgins and Mooney to sign off for not to sue.

Postby Monique

Sporting Intelligence have been very cautious in their wording this time. Wether NOTW refuses to give Higgins and his lawyers access is still to be seen. But even so the Chief Investigator has seen them and therefore he knows exactly to what extend they were edited. He still decided to push the case further...

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:Sporting Intelligence have been very cautious in their wording this time. Whether NOTW refuses to give Higgins and his lawyers access is still to be seen. But even so the Chief Investigator has seen them and therefore he knows exactly to what extend they were edited. He still decided to push the case further...

The case has to go to hearing now as its in the sporting resolutions hands to which Douglas has no authority to pull. There is procedure to follow afterall. Also remember John and Pat are answering several charges, failing to report the approach they are certainly going to get pulled on.

Postby Monique

Case my understanding of both article is that Douglas saw the tapes before taking the decision to push the caseto sporting resolutions. Of course now it's not in his hands anymore but he certainly could be summoned as an expert witness if needed.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:Case my understanding of both article is that Douglas saw the tapes before taking the decision to push the caseto sporting resolutions. Of course now it's not in his hands anymore but he certainly could be summoned as an expert witness if needed.

Monique, where does it say in the article when Douglas viewed the tapes? i can't find it. how long is the case with sporting resolutions now...4 weeks?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

This is what I've been follwing on the sporting intel site....

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... ge-280703/

Note..."But this website understands that the former Met Police chief superintendent, David Douglas, has now indeed had access to footage shot during the NotW investigation, but it is understood that he had conditional access (possibly on NotW premises), meaning he had to agree to some kind of indemnity waiver about the use of the footage."

This is what I've been saying with regard to the NOTW not wanting to give Mazher Mahmood's identity away. To prevent this David Douglas would have to had to sign sort some of NDA.

Postby Monique

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... e-set.html
HIGGINS CASE: HEARING DATE SET
John Higgins will learn his fate, following allegations in the News of the World that he was prepared to lose frames for money, in a two day hearing on September 7 and 8.

The tribunal at Sports Resolutions will be presided over by Ian Mill QC.

I understand that Higgins's punishment - if applicable - will be decided at the hearing.

It is not ideal that this falls in the middle of the Shanghai Masters but a date had to be found that was acceptable to all parties.
Posted by Dave H at 4:40 PM

Postby Noel

Ohhhhh Yaaaaa!?!?!

What ever happened to Mooney then?
Maybe his "hiding in plain view" from the "Mafia" WORKED!?!?!

=o)

Noel

Translation Russian to Engrish: "Fook Off! My name is Patricia"

Postby Noel

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:lengthy ban <ok>

why smart? please give details of your conclusions

<ok>

:shake: :sylvester:

that tells me buck all

I don't think he meant "all" mate.

=o(

Noel

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:lengthy ban <ok>

why smart? please give details of your conclusions

<ok>

:shake: :sylvester:

that tells me buck all

<laugh> <laugh>

Postby N_Castle07

Monique wrote:http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/08/higgins-case-hearing-date-set.html
HIGGINS CASE: HEARING DATE SET
John Higgins will learn his fate, following allegations in the News of the World that he was prepared to lose frames for money, in a two day hearing on September 7 and 8.

The tribunal at Sports Resolutions will be presided over by Ian Mill QC.

I understand that Higgins's punishment - if applicable - will be decided at the hearing.

It is not ideal that this falls in the middle of the Shanghai Masters but a date had to be found that was acceptable to all parties.
Posted by Dave H at 4:40 PM

Finally this will come to an end. I’m around 70% confident he will be cleared but it will be a very nervous day for me and a lot of you I would imagine.

Postby Wildey

if he is found guilty this could go on for months and months ....there would then be a appeal from John without Question...

it all depends whats on that original unedited tape.

Postby Noel

wildJONESEYE wrote:it all depends whats on that original unedited tape.

No it doesn't.
I hope John is innocent as we all do. But I'm not stupid.
If this could have been cleared up, swept under the carpet, whatever, so that John
could have continued as # 1 it would have happened long ago. That's not in the plan.
This is not about whether the tapes were edited or not. They always are.
This is not about whether or not Higgins was caught with his pants down. He was.
It was a slick effective setup just like with Sarah Ferguson. At least she didn't try to mention "Mafia".
John has brought Snooker into wide disrepute and that is the truth and that is his problem. And worse.
All this "due process" is not really about Higgins at all. It's bigger than that. It's Snooker's future at stake.
Decisions will be made to try to remedy the damage that has been done to our sport.
My prediction... Higgins will have to take the big one for the team.

=o(

Noel

Postby Wildey

no you are painting hearn as what would have happened with walker...

Barry did not hesitate but to suspend john straight away Walker and other regimes would have thought about it.

Alex Higgins Headbutting officials was thought about before action taken and theres others down the years ....i have no doubt if a player headbuts a official now hes instantly suspended.

Postby Casey

Noel wrote:

No it doesn't.
If this could have been cleared up, swept under the carpet, whatever, so that John
could have continued as # 1 it would have happened long ago. That's not in the plan.
This is not about whether or not Higgins was caught with his pants down. He was.
It was a slick effective setup just like with Sarah Ferguson. At least she didn't try to mention "Mafia".
John has brought Snooker into wide disrepute and that is the truth and that is his problem. And worse.
All this "due process" is not really about Higgins at all. It's bigger than that. It's Snooker's future at stake.
Decisions will be made to try to remedy the damage that has been done to our sport.

=o(

Noel

Yes it does

Postby Casey

Noel wrote:[quote="case_masterYes it does

So, what's your theory mate?

=o)

Noel[/quote]

I think the initial video is a disaster for Higgins, however the real video might show some intimidation to back up Higgins’ claim.

Also who is to say Higgins would have went through with it? At what point is ‘conspiracy to commit a crime’ enough for a certain follow through. :chin: :chin:

Postby Smart

Noel wrote:

No it doesn't.

=o(

Noel

An excellent post, and I agree wholeheartedly with its content. IF Higgins gets away with this then I think he has been very lucky indeed. Please do not retort about loss of earning from shitty PTC or Shanghai or World Open........................ he made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

All the fuss about edited videos and mafia involvment are really a smokescreen for what is a very serious offence.

Did snooker need this sort of publicity ...................with its major backers all in the betting industry <doh>

Higgins <doh>