Post a reply

Re: Peter Ebdon Statement

Postby renniwevarb

Isn't he some character for the game?
And people are saying there are no characters in this game save the late Alex Higgins!

Postby Wildey

renniwevarb wrote:Isn't he some character for the game?
And people are saying there are no characters in this game save the late Alex Higgins!

Yes but why did he say he would play rubbish lol

i bet many players think like that they dont issue a statement on it......if he loses he loses hardly the fault of anyone else if hes not put the hours in.
Last edited by Wildey on 13 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

Just seen this, what a weird thing to say. And he beat White as well, 5-1, what an absolute stinker that is for his confidence, got beat by a guy who is almost admitting he had no bucking chance !

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Just seen this, what a weird thing to say. And he beat White as well, 5-1, what an absolute stinker that is for his confidence, got beat by a guy who is almost admitting he had no bucking chance !

I'm getting convinced that Ebdon is Ronnie O'Sullivan in disguise. Imagine Ebdon at a press conference. "Oh yeah, I played rubbish. The guy won a frame." <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Just seen this, what a weird thing to say. And he beat White as well, 5-1, what an absolute stinker that is for his confidence, got beat by a guy who is almost admitting he had no bucking chance !

I'm getting convinced that Ebdon is Ronnie O'Sullivan in disguise. Imagine Ebdon at a press conference. "Oh yeah, I played rubbish. The guy won a frame." <laugh>

well at least Ronnie waits until he played crap lol

not trying to second guess how he will play <laugh>

Postby paperbackwriter

It shouldn't have any impact on White's confidence. As Wild said, all players must feel like that from time to time, but they just deal with it less pathetic way, and it's normal that they still win sometimes. (I bet Ebdon wasn't very popular while in school... remember these guys who always got the best marks, but were panicking and moaning about how they don't know anything before every test?)

Postby Wildey

paperbackwriter wrote:I bet Ebdon wasn't very popular while in school.

rofl

Postby Noel

paperbackwriter wrote:(I bet Ebdon wasn't very popular while in school... )

And he is now?!?!

=o|

Noel

Postby Bourne

paperbackwriter wrote:It shouldn't have any impact on White's confidence. As Wild said, all players must feel like that from time to time, but they just deal with it less pathetic way, and it's normal that they still win sometimes. (I bet Ebdon wasn't very popular while in school... remember these guys who always got the best marks, but were panicking and moaning about how they don't know anything before every test?)

They might feel like it but no-one's gone about it in this public a way, it's humiliating for White. :grrr:

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:this statement is just another part of the baffling career of Peter Ebdon................not his worst misdemeanour though, that was here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT_UwJYYUHI

<ok>

smart, i so want to watch this clip but just cant bring myself to watch it

go on you can do it :redneck:

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:this statement is just another part of the baffling career of Peter Ebdon................not his worst misdemeanour though, that was here....

<ok>

He probably cant tear himself away from some other things he is browsing at the moment wild. :evilgrin:

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

<ok>

He probably cant tear himself away from some other things he is browsing at the moment wild. :evilgrin:

<laugh> <laugh>

Postby The Cueist

R-ron . :D :D ;) <cool> :ahh:

I know i wouldnt spend the time watching Peter i might lose my next match Ebdon on T'Internet. <laugh>

I cant say i blame you,Watching Tea brew in a cup would be more exciting,I know what you mean by you cant bring yourself to watch it as he tends to instill frustration in me when i watch him and he is out of form.

So he says. ;)

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

well at least Ronnie waits until he played crap lol

not trying to second guess how he will play <laugh>

That's the joke I was making. Ronnie could conceed one frame, and think he'd played rubbish. But you're right, he waits until after he's played superbly to badmouth his game. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

The Cueist wrote:Snookerfan,Spot on there .And ronnie plays faster too!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe thats part of the disguise? :evilgrin:

Postby The Cueist

SnookerFan wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Snookerfan,Spot on there .And ronnie plays faster too!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe thats part of the disguise? :evilgrin:

<cool> <ok>

Postby Roland

Sounds fair enough really, he was given bad advice.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Sounds fair enough really, he was given bad advice.

It would probably have come across differently if it had come as one of these articles they do on regularly basis. Ebdon speaking about thr changes in his life and how he feels about it, his snooker, now and at longer term. It was the"official statement" that made it look all odd

Postby Casey

I can’t blame him for emailing world snooker given the ‘alleged’ betting scandal that went before.

Postby Roland

Agreed. It was a PR disaster much like the current state of live scoring and keeping the fans informed, and especially with the excellent new ranking system which has been very poorly promoted indeed.

Postby Roland

case_master wrote:I can’t blame him for emailing world snooker given the ‘alleged’ betting scandal that went before.

He should've just kept his mouth shut. Then if he'd lost and anyone had said "Oi Ebdon, I had £500 nicker on your to win" he could say "I've just been bloody married in Budapest and haven't had time to practice so what do you expect you muppet?"

:huh2:

Postby Wildey

Barry Hearn obviously felt like Making his biggest Adversery in the takeover look like a goof :redneck:

Postby The Cueist

:chin:

Would have been helped by Ebbo himself who seem to have a self propelled propensity to make himself look like a goof at times. <laugh>

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!The physichal exertion for Barry to do this must have been almost effortless. :evilgrin: