Post a reply

Mark Allen

Postby Running side

Reports online that mark Allen has declared himself bankrupt, saying earnings above 3million decided to take a break from the game, thoughts.

Re: Mark Allen

Postby Prop

I wonder what’s going on there then. On the face of it you wouldn’t think someone at Allen’s level in the modern game would struggle for money. But that doesn’t mean he’s actually good with money or something else isn’t going on. Gambling issues, expensive divorce, perhaps.

I’m not going to speculate any more than that. Best of luck to him getting things sorted.

Postby The_Abbott

He must be very bad with money and investments. People get used to a certain lifestyle and then can't cut back. Hope he sorts the problems out.

Postby Prop

The_Abbott wrote:He must be very bad with money and investments. People get used to a certain lifestyle and then can't cut back. Hope he sorts the problems out.

Yep. Professional football players are famous for it. Suddenly the bottomless pit has a bottom staring them in the face.

Postby SnookerFan

Just because you earn a lot of money, doesn't mean you're good at keeping it.

Plenty of rich people run out and buy stuff they don't need. Or go out gambling or drinking or throwing money around to look cool. Or getting taken advantage of by people know.

People think if you have money, you need to stop worrying about how you spend it. But you still need to learn how to manage money. That's just as important when you have it.

Postby Running side

SnookerFan wrote:Just because you earn a lot of money, doesn't mean you're good at keeping it.

Plenty of rich people run out and buy stuff they don't need. Or go out gambling or drinking or throwing money around to look cool. Or getting taken advantage of by people know.

People think if you have money, you need to stop worrying about how you spend it. But you still need to learn how to manage money. That's just as important when you have it.

Yep totally agree, hopefully mark can find some form because when he's good he's very good possibly top 10.With that earning potential he needs managing correctly, possibly time to reset and more dedication to push up the rankings.

Postby Wildey

He is currently involved in Child Maintenance Case with Reanne Evans over Lauren their 15 year old Daughter.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Just because you earn a lot of money, doesn't mean you're good at keeping it.

Yea Alex Higgins could earn £3,000 one day and broke the next day.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Bad news for those who picked him for their Think Pink team. :pal:

Postby SnookerEd25

True enough, SF, and a point well made. However, in the murky world of finance 'bankruptcy' is often a tactic employed to enable you to hold on to some of your money rather than be obliged to hand it over to your (presumably many) creditors. It doesn't, as I used to think, mean you are completely broke, destitute and liable to be thrown onto the streets.

If that were the case, would Mr. Allen really be able to take a sabbatical from his (well paid, at his level) profession? Surely, he would need to earn the wherewithal to pay his way out of trouble and professional snooker, for all the hardships at the lower end of the scale, still offers him a more realistic means to an end than taking an office job for example.

Allen, clearly, has issues which need attending to and I wish him well in doing so, but I would have thought he probably still has enough recompense to keep him enjoying what most of us would consider a comfortable lifestyle for the foreseeable future.

Postby eraserhead

Holden Chinaski wrote:Bad news for those who picked him for their Think Pink team. :pal:

<doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Bad news for those who picked him for their Think Pink team. :pal:

Didn't Alan McManus retire?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

Didn't Alan McManus retire?

No, that was fake news; you know what the Internet is like; Alan says he is flying in practice, and ready to fulfill his dream of being a World Champion <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

That is a shame to hear about Allen.

Postby Dan-cat

Call me cynical.. in the middle of a messy divorce and he declares himself bankrupt? Sounds like a tactic to me.

I hope he's alright. Too good a player to keep down. He'll be back at the top in a couple of years probably and the Beeb will have a field day with it..

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Call me cynical.. in the middle of a messy divorce and he declares himself bankrupt? Sounds like a tactic to me.

I hope he's alright. Too good a player to keep down. He'll be back at the top in a couple of years probably and the Beeb will have a field day with it..

That wouldn't amaze me about Mark Allen.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Maybe he's pistol his money away

Passive Aggressive.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Call me cynical.. in the middle of a messy divorce and he declares himself bankrupt? Sounds like a tactic to me.

Good for him, if that's the case. He's only looking after his hard-earned. Gotta do what you can to avoid being divorce raped by your ex, aided and abetted by the courts.