Post a reply

Re: Ronnie's news on Tuesday?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Probably announcing his waistcoat logo sponsor for the Crucible.

It's gonna be something lame, isn't it?

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:He'll announce he's investing in bitcoin.

He'll announce that he's tried a new brand of bog roll and wants to recommend it.

Postby vodkadiet1

"Hi everybody. Just to let all my fans know that I have found a nice woodland area less than 30 miles from my house which is very suitable for cross country running. There are a few good local runners as well who I am in touch with and will run with me. One of them is called John. I will be back with another progress report on Friday."

Postby D4P

The big "news" seems to be that Ronnie has signed a sponsorship deal with ROKiT. Other than that, it has just been a Q&A.

Postby Juddernaut88

D4P wrote:The big "news" seems to be that Ronnie has signed a sponsorship deal with ROKiT. Other than that, it has just been a Q&A.

I actually said as a joke week ago or so it would be something like that lol

Postby D4P

He's launching his own clothing range soon. RonnieOSullivanShop.com. He'll have some commercial space at Sheffield. The snooker table he has had for the past 33 will be there. I think they said it would be part of a new snooker museum or something.
Last edited by D4P on 06 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:The big "news" seems to be that Ronnie has signed a sponsorship deal with ROKiT. Other than that, it has just been a Q&A.

I knew it would be something pointless and lame.

Postby D4P

He said that his cue has been repaired and that he even managed to find a backup cue that he could use if (for example) his tip were to be damaged.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

I knew it would be something pointless and lame.

This is why you are the King of this Island :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:He said that his cue has been repaired and that he even managed to find a backup cue that he could use if (for example) his tip were to be damaged.

I loved it when he said it wasn't a question of "If" he was going to win the worlds this year.

Hopefully he has a good WC, anything worse than Semis with the draw he has would be a major failure.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:I loved it when he said it wasn't a question of "If" he was going to win the worlds this year.

Yeah, he definitely seemed confident. He also said some things about how he uses most of the tournaments as a way to practice and check in on where his game is at, in order to get ready for the events that he cares about. He gave the impression (as I've been suggesting) that he is really only trying to win the WSC this season, and that he hasn't been giving 100% at the other events...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I loved it when he said it wasn't a question of "If" he was going to win the worlds this year.

Yeah, he definitely seemed confident. He also said some things about how he uses most of the tournaments as a way to practice and check in on where his game is at, in order to get ready for the events that he cares about. He gave the impression (as I've been suggesting) that he is really only trying to win the WSC this season, and that he hasn't been giving 100% at the other events...

He might not have tried 100% before Christmas, mainly because he wasn't putting practice in.

But in the new year he's played well most of the events, the only match when I think he didn't commit 100% was the PC Final against Higgins. After he lost the 3rd frame, you could clearly see he wasn't interested in the match anymore.

But apart from that one, he just ran into players playing well, or not having a good enough start.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:He might not have tried 100% before Christmas, mainly because he wasn't putting practice in.

But in the new year he's played well most of the events, the only match when I think he didn't commit 100% was the PC Final against Higgins. After he lost the 3rd frame, you could clearly see he wasn't interested in the match anymore.

But apart from that one, he just ran into players playing well, or not having a good enough start.

I'm still holding onto the belief that he has another gear that he hasn't shifted into yet this season, because he was saving it for the Crucible. We'll find out for sure pretty soon...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:He might not have tried 100% before Christmas, mainly because he wasn't putting practice in.

I'm still holding onto the belief that he has another gear that he hasn't shifted into yet this season, because he was saving it for the Crucible. We'll find out for sure pretty soon...

Yeah me too, hopefully we're yet to see his best Snooker this season.

Postby SnookerFan

Satch4 wrote:I never saw who was the voice that was talking to Higgins in that infamous recording in Ukraine. I think ROS fesses up to it

rofl