Post a reply

Little known facts about Neal Foulds (possibly)

Postby SnookerEd25

Copied & pasted from Fouldsie’s Wikipedia page :

Foulds, better known as 'The Butterscotch Capsule', was a massive fan of butterscotch waistcoats, trousers and many other such items of that hue. It was reported that when the famous 'Butterkist' popcorn advert was on the television, he would dance around in his butterscotch waistcoat and replace the word 'Butterkist' with 'butterscotch', thus singing, "butterscotch, butterscotch, rah rah rah" whilst shimmying to the beat. He was believed to be a founding member of the Butterscotch Movement.

Do we think this is true? :chin:

And if so, to what extent does it impinge on his credibility as one of the game’s foremost pundit / commentators?

Re: Little known facts about Neal Foulds (possibly)

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Copied & pasted from Fouldsie’s Wikipedia page :

Foulds, better known as 'The Butterscotch Capsule', was a massive fan of butterscotch waistcoats, trousers and many other such items of that hue. It was reported that when the famous 'Butterkist' popcorn advert was on the television, he would dance around in his butterscotch waistcoat and replace the word 'Butterkist' with 'butterscotch', thus singing, "butterscotch, butterscotch, rah rah rah" whilst shimmying to the beat. He was believed to be a founding member of the Butterscotch Movement.

Do we think this is true? :chin:

And if so, to what extent does it impinge on his credibility as one of the game’s foremost pundit / commentators?

I do. rofl

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I think it could be true.

There’s only one way to find out. I’ll message Fouldsy with the link.

Good lad Prop <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote: It was reported that when the famous 'Butterkist' popcorn advert was on the television, he would dance around in his butterscotch waistcoat and replace the word 'Butterkist' with 'butterscotch', thus singing, "butterscotch, butterscotch, rah rah rah" whilst shimmying to the beat.

rofl

Postby McManusFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I think of this everytime I see Foulds now.

On telly or in person?

On telly I'm afraid.

Whenever they do those remote interviews on ITV, I snake hiss myself at the thought of Fouldsy going "Hello, Butterscotch here".

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I think of this everytime I see Foulds now.

On telly or in person?

On telly I'm afraid.

Whenever they do those remote interviews on ITV, I snake hiss myself at the thought of Fouldsy going "Hello, Butterscotch here".

:lol:

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I once made Neil Foulds laugh by relating an anecdote to him whilst we were both in a lift.

It wasn't about butterscotch.

Was it about butt o’ Selby?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I once made Neil Foulds laugh by relating an anecdote to him whilst we were both in a lift.

No, it was about how I nearly fell bottom over tit in front of Clive Everton.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

No, it was about how I nearly fell bottom over tit in front of Clive Everton.

Was he laughing

A/ Comfortably with you in a ‘this is my mate’ kind of way

B/ Comfortably at you in a ‘this guy is literally a moron’ type way

C/ Nervously, in a ‘If I’m not careful, this guy’s going to be looming over me threatingly in my bathtub in an hour’ sort of fashion

:chin: