Post a reply

Re: Reanne and Ng On Yee offered tour cards

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

motorhead wrote:I'd have bet 1 milion Jimmy would have been mentioned in this thread, the irony of it coming after him schooling Bingham <laugh>

TheSaviour once said Reanne Evans would be the new Jimmy so maybe he knew this was coming.

Postby Iranu

motorhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy are funny together on Twitter, to be fair.

It's a perfect match.

A pin end and a hammer are meant to be together.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
motorhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy are funny together on Twitter, to be fair.

It's a perfect match.

Which one is which?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
motorhead wrote:

It's a perfect match.

Which one is which?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
motorhead wrote:

It's a perfect match.

Which one is which?

rofl

Postby The_Abbott

chengdufan wrote:It's not just q school though. Tour cards go to the winners of the African and Australian continental champions, the European u-21 champion... Giving cards to the Women's champions is the same.

It's not a 'wildcard' based on historical greatness. It's a place earned on merit.

Agree plus they are likely to turn up for events. Whens the last time the african and australian winners entered a tour event?

Hopefully they won't take anyone place and we can have 130 players on the tour (with the African and Australian players not entering again!)

Postby motorhead

OT but speaking of Jimmy he saved his ass with last week's run? The guys below in the provisional list have to overtake in him at the WC

Postby mick745

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So I’ve given my view on a subject and got massive backlash. There’s me thinking I was allowed an opinion. Some are quick to make unnecessary connections which if you knew me couldn’t be further from being there. So much more to say but what’s the point</p>&mdash; Mark Allen (@pistol147) <a href="https://twitter.com/pistol147/status/1369572658036277248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Postby mick745

It is not the fact two women have been given wild card tour cards, it is the fact that wild cards exist at all.

There is an argument that players should qualify on merit or not at all.

And i suspect at lot of pros who qualified in the "conventional" way and stay there on merit feel the same way.

Postby HappyCamper

They've not been given wildcards. It full card from an additional route to pro qualification from an amateur rankings. Similar to challenge tour, or continental/junior/world amateur champions.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:They've not been given wildcards. It full card from an additional route to pro qualification from an amateur rankings. Similar to challenge tour, or continental/junior/world amateur champions.

Exactly. There are several tournaments that have the same status and frankly this probably should have happened a long time ago.

Postby motorhead

HappyCamper wrote:They've not been given wildcards. It full card from an additional route to pro qualification from an amateur rankings. Similar to challenge tour, or continental/junior/world amateur champions.

The issue here is not whether these are wild cards, tour cards or amazon gift cards.
Your regular Joe can't enter the women's tour and earn a card that route, it doesn't make any sense from an equality standpoint since Ng and Reanne can do the opposite; entering Q school.
I'm not sure about the technicality of that but I'm willing to bet they can also enter the amateur competition that grants a tour card. Feel free to prove me wrong.
I'd me more than happy to have women on the tour provided they earn their spot, people mentioning White or aussie qualifiers make no sense whatsoever. If Reanne and Ng were aussie sure as hell they could enter that way too. It's gonna be hilarious if we are going to have an aussie woman #1 not being able to go through that weak ass field but earning the spot via WSS.

Postby Iranu

motorhead wrote:

The issue here is not whether these are wild cards, tour cards or amazon gift cards.
Your regular Joe can't enter the women's tour and earn a card that route, it doesn't make any sense from an equality standpoint since Ng and Reanne can do the opposite; entering Q school.
I'm not sure about the technicality of that but I'm willing to bet they can also enter the amateur competition that grants a tour card. Feel free to prove me wrong.
I'd me more than happy to have women on the tour provided they earn their spot, people mentioning White or aussie qualifiers make no sense whatsoever. If Reanne and Ng were aussie sure as hell they could enter that way too. It's gonna be hilarious if we are going to have an aussie woman #1 not being able to go through that weak ass field but earning the spot via WSS.

“Premier League teams can’t compete for the Papa John’s Trophy but League Two teams can compete for the FA Cup. It’s not fair!!!!!”

Postby motorhead

Iranu wrote:“Premier League teams can’t compete for the Papa John’s Trophy but League Two teams can compete for the FA Cup. It’s not fair!!!!!”

Who would be who in this nonsensical comparison? I take it it's just a joke not to respond to my argument.

Postby motorhead

"We firmly believe that there is no reason why a woman cannot compete equally with a man and today’s announcement underlines our commitment to women’s snooker both now and in the future."

And this is why we are giving them WCs to skip regular means of qualification rofl The irony.
Last edited by motorhead on 11 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

motorhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:“Premier League teams can’t compete for the Papa John’s Trophy but League Two teams can compete for the FA Cup. It’s not fair!!!!!”

Who would be who in this nonsensical comparison? I take it it's just a joke not to respond to my argument.

You know exactly who is who. Don’t play dumb.

Either direct me to posts where you were equally outraged by male players’ pro tour cards or stop complaining.

Postby motorhead

Iranu wrote:You know exactly who is who. Don’t play dumb.

No I don't and I mantain you were just joking otherwise how would that work out?

Snooker amateur male players are league two teams, and they together with premier league teams, can play FA cup. The women snooker players would be the teams in the Pope's league?
If I got it right you are saying Pope's league teams are awarded entry to FA cup?
Iranu wrote:Either direct me to posts where you were equally outraged by male players’ pro tour cards or stop complaining.

Practically, you missed the whole point of this conversation.

Postby Iranu

League Two teams (female snooker players) are entered into the FA Cup (pro snooker tour) despite not having the many advantages that Premier League clubs (male players) enjoy.

Your point in this conversation is that wymynfolk don’t deserve ‘wildcards’ (that they aren’t getting). Plenty of male players have received similar, and less deserving, wildcards. Can you point me to your outrage at these provisions?

Postby motorhead

Iranu wrote:League Two teams (female snooker players) are entered into the FA Cup (pro snooker tour) despite not having the many advantages that Premier League clubs (male players) enjoy.

League two teams are naturally eligible to enter FA Cup, if they were to slip beyond level 4 of the system they would no longer be eligible.
In your example the team would have to be a National League team that has won their league several times and is hence awarded a wild card to FA Cup, something that of course doesn't happen.
Beside what even are the Premier League and the Pope's league in your example, I'm dumbfounded.

Iranu wrote:Your point in this conversation is that wymynfolk don’t deserve ‘wildcards’ (that they aren’t getting).
Oh yes they are getting them, you can't just pretend they are not wild cards calling them under another name. Tour cards are normally awarded to legends, which you say I should be outraged at them be elected, or the other routes to qualification. My point, that you are pretending not to get, is again: your regular Joe can't enter a woman's competition and take an easy road for that card, which makes this the opposite of gender equality since they (the women) can take the regular routes to qualification. This bringing continents into the argument is humiliating for gender equality.
Iranu wrote:Plenty of male players have received similar, and less deserving, wildcards. Can you point me to your outrage at these provisions?
This is literally whataboutism.

Postby Iranu

Actually, the FA Cup is open to teams as low as level 10 in the English League System. I never mentioned the Pope’s League.

It’s not a wildcard. It’s a qualification based on their performances on the women’s tour. Your regular Brit can’t enter the Oceania Snooker Championship. Steve Mifsud therefore gets a tour place that he wouldn’t get if his place was open to all players, correct? Can you point me to your outrage about this in any previous posts? Or do you think he’s more deserving than two players who will presumably take part in more than (at most) one tournament per season?

I don’t think you understand what whataboutism is.