Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O’Sullivan: 'I’m only 70% of the player I was'

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:I’ll freely admit that at 13-9 and 16-14 down I didn’t think Ronnie would win.

Obviously I’m delighted that I was wrong.

Yeah but if you want some lolz go read everything from the moment Ronnie started junkballing then to the last 3 frames lol

there's some hilarious rubbish

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’ll freely admit that at 13-9 and 16-14 down I didn’t think Ronnie would win.

Obviously I’m delighted that I was wrong.

Yeah but if you want some lolz go read everything from the moment Ronnie started junkballing then to the last 3 frames lol

there's some hilarious rubbish

I’m glad I was out during the final session so I didn’t have to read it in real time!

Postby Acé

PinkBall: The chimp is not under control. It's rubbing its rubbish all over the walls.

to

PinkBall: I was wrong, I was wrong, I was wrong AND I FEEL LIKE I’VE LOST MY VIRGINITY ALL OVER AGAIN, I AM SO bucking HAPPY. I COULD TAKE OR LEAVE THE MAN BUT HE IS AN OUTSTANDING PLAYER

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:only Eraserhead knew what Ronnie was doing in the SF, he was bloody spot on with EVERYTHING when you go back and read the live reactions

True. I was fit to shoot O’Sullivan over frame 30.

I thought he had already lost to Ding in the previous round.

Postby Wildey

mick745 wrote:Selby let O'Sullivan off the hook in the third session, at 13-9 he had a chance to push on but O'Sullivan found a way back into the match. However, Selby seemed to be suggesting that it was an incident in that 23rd frame that O'Sullivan had been guilty of gamesmanship. Obviously we dont know if it was deliberate or not but if O'Sullivan was trying to unsettle Selby then the tactic worked. Selby obviously let himself get unsettled though.

yea no question about that 14-10 was a reality and as has been shown had he won just one of thoes frames he would have had enough of a gap to push on to victory 17-14 or better

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie was just too good this time. He learned his lesson from 2014. The only incident there was, was Ronnie outsmarting and outplaying Selby and having too much bottle in the end. Don't let Selby's sour grapes fool you.

Selby definitely let Ronnie off the hook too, though. It’s not surprising, really. He’s a poor frontrunner.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie was just too good this time. He learned his lesson from 2014. The only incident there was, was Ronnie outsmarting and outplaying Selby and having too much bottle in the end. Don't let Selby's sour grapes fool you.

Selby definitely let Ronnie off the hook too, though. It’s not surprising, really. He’s a poor frontrunner.

I wouldn't exactly call it letting Ronnie off the hook. It was more Ronnie confusing Selby and coming out guns blazing and potting them off the lampshades in the end. Did people say Ronnie let Selby off the hook in 2014?

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call it letting Ronnie off the hook. It was more Ronnie confusing Selby and coming out guns blazing and potting them off the lampshades in the end. Did people say Ronnie let Selby off the hook in 2014?

Ronnie definitely let Selby off the hook in 2014.

Selby shouldn't have come out of the third session only 13-11 up.

It’s a combination of both - Ronnie outplayed Selby particularly at the end of the match, but Selby let Ronnie back into it, too.

Postby TheRocket

I think the third session of this semi final is a mirror image of the second session of the 2014 world final. Ronnie was 8:3 and 10:5 ahead in 2014 and should have had a 11:6 or even 12:5 lead going into the third session but he missed the black off the spot. He let Selby off the hook big time.

This time it was Selby who had a great opportunity to take a big lead (14:9) but once he failed he didnt do much wrong from then on. Ronnie got stronger, went for his shots and got them and won his frames in a very good fashion.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I think the third session of this semi final is a mirror image of the second session of the 2014 world final. Ronnie was 8:3 and 10:5 ahead in 2014 and should have had a 11:6 or even 12:5 lead going into the third session but he missed the black off the spot. He let Selby off the hook big time.

This time it was Selby who had a great opportunity to take a big lead (14:9) but once he failed he didnt do much wrong from then on. Ronnie got stronger, went for his shots and got them and won his frames in a very good fashion.

I always had a dream that one day Ronnie would win a big match making a comeback against Selby, because Selby done it quite a few times against him.

And it became a reality.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
I always had a dream that one day Ronnie would win a big match making a comeback against Selby, because Selby done it quite a few times against him.

And it became a reality.

It was nice and you have to say Ronnie is really the first player who has done it against Selby. UK final 2013 against Robbo had been arguably the only big match Selby lost in his career after having a bigger lead (5:1). But this one was a much bigger task.

You wont see many matches when someone snatch victory from under Selbys nose. Let alone when he is only one frame away from victory. And even more so when its happens at the Crucible. Selby gets stronger the closer he gets to to the finishing line.

This has been the worst defeat in Selbys career and thats why we saw that reaction from him after the match. I'm sure Ronnie enjoyed this win more than anything else even if he didnt show it in his post match interview. Revenge is sweet.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

He did not play like that in the 3rd session so for Selby to just tie that session 4-4 was disappointing he could have won that 6-2 but definitely 5-3

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

He did not play like that in the 3rd session so for Selby to just tie that session 4-4 was disappointing he could have won that 6-2 but definitely 5-3

Ronnie should have had a bigger lead after the first session, let Selby off the hook there. If my uncle had tits...

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Ronnie should have had a bigger lead after the first session, let Selby off the hook there. If my uncle had tits...

yea but in the 3rd session that would have been decisive lead no way would Ronnie have come back from there but yea you win frames you shouldn't and lose frames you should over 4 sessions things even themselves out.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I wouldn't exactly call it letting Ronnie off the hook. It was more Ronnie confusing Selby and coming out guns blazing and potting them off the lampshades in the end. Did people say Ronnie let Selby off the hook in 2014?

yea but in the 3rd session that would have been decisive lead no way would Ronnie have come back from there but yea you win frames you shouldn't and lose frames you should over 4 sessions things even themselves out.

Absolute bullocks.

Postby Andre147

In the end the better player won, no matter what tactics were being applied.

Selby had his tactics in 2014, especially in the 3rd and 4th sessions, Ronnie had his in 2020 and both worked in their favour. That's what sport is all about.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:In the end the better player won, no matter what tactics were being applied.

Selby had his tactics in 2014, especially in the 3rd and 4th sessions, Ronnie had his in 2020 and both worked in their favour. That's what sport is all about.

Yea thats all that matter who gets the win.'

However, on here many times when someone made all the breaks and lost some have actually said Best player lost