Post a reply

Re: Clive Everton steps down as editor

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Thread going a bit off topic, no?

Going off topic when the queen has died. So disrespectful.

Going off-topic on a snooker forum is definitely NOT what she would have wanted :sad:

Long live Clive <ok>

Postby Wildey

The Major Question is What will now happen to The Snooker Scene Podcast?

Postby Minimum Break

Wildey wrote:The Major Question is What will now happen to The Snooker Scene Podcast?

Hendon said a few weeks ago it will be continuing but he may need to change the name eventually.

Postby SnookerEd25

Minimum Break wrote:
Wildey wrote:The Major Question is What will now happen to The Snooker Scene Podcast?

Hendon said a few weeks ago it will be continuing but he may need to change the name eventually.

They’ve done at least one joint podcast, I don’t see what they can’t combine the two and keep the ‘scene’ name; Hendo can be the main contributor and Nick weigh in as and when :shrug:

Postby Minimum Break

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:

They’ve done at least one joint podcast, I don’t see what they can’t combine the two and keep the ‘scene’ name; Hendo can be the main contributor and Nick weigh in as and when :shrug:

What Hendon meant about changing the name is that he never owned the Snooker Scene name, and now the business has been sold to Curtis Sport he no longer has any association so they may make him change the name of his podcast.

I think he has committed to continuing the podcast on his own. I still listen to it every week but it would be better if he could have guests like Neal Foulds, Alan McManus (and yes even Phil Yates occasionally) more often just to make it a bit different from week to week.

I gave up listening to Talking Snooker a while ago. I hope Nick Metcalfe still reads here enough to take this feedback in the good nature it is intended, so here goes.

Literally every one I listened to has been twice as long as needed. They seem to just press record and waffle away and I just wish they would script it a bit more tightly and not repeat themselves so much. If I saw a podcast from them for 1 hour I would maybe listen but when they go for over 2 hours it's just too much.

Postby HappyCamper

Minimum Break wrote:I gave up listening to Talking Snooker a while ago. I hope Nick Metcalfe still reads here enough to take this feedback in the good nature it is intended, so here goes.

Literally every one I listened to has been twice as long as needed. They seem to just press record and waffle away and I just wish they would script it a bit more tightly and not repeat themselves so much. If I saw a podcast from them for 1 hour I would maybe listen but when they go for over 2 hours it's just too much.

i find this is a very common problem among podcasts which aren't just edits of broadcast radio. maybe a lack of discipline in having to edit to a set time slot seems to encourage a lot of rambling.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:I gave up listening to Talking Snooker a while ago. I hope Nick Metcalfe still reads here enough to take this feedback in the good nature it is intended, so here goes.

i find this is a very common problem among podcasts which aren't just edits of broadcast radio. maybe a lack of discipline in having to edit to a set time slot seems to encourage a lot of rambling.

As someone who listens to podcasts daily while working, I’d rather a slightly ramble-y podcast that’s 2 hours over a tightly edited 1 hour. The longer the better, for me.

Unless it means waiting 9 months for an episode - looking at you, Dan Carlin.