Post a reply

Re: Clive Everton Ronnie book

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:When Ronnie was only one three World Titles, I had Hendry ahead.

I think it's a lot closer now. The World Championships tally is pretty much the only thing that dictates it's Hendry. Most other stats say it's Ronnie. Apart from total rankers won, and even that's so close it doesn't really matter. Ronnie will win more anyway.

To be honest, I don't really see that it matters. The two best players of all time. The only real reason to decide on a best is fanboyism of one or the other. Which is why it tends to lead to such massive arguments.

Besides, greatness is a subjective term. Two players can be great for different reasons. Hendry was a greater continual winner, who popularised a certain style of play. Ronnie is the greatest natural talent. Both great for different reasons.

Good post. :hatoff:

Re: Clive Everton Ronnie book

Postby Dan-cat

Who pinched my frame??

Seeing as this is a pure Ronnie love in (apart from Alex0) here are two joyous Ronnie steals from the 2016 Masters. I was at the Selby match. It was electrifying. The first frame against Bingo he needed a snooker and the last three reds with blacks. The way he took the three reds and laid the snooker was pure textbook. Check the black from the green spot in the middle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfP19G82_Vg

Re: Clive Everton Ronnie book

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Who pinched my frame??

Seeing as this is a pure Ronnie love in (apart from Alex0) here are two joyous Ronnie steals from the 2016 Masters. I was at the Selby match. It was electrifying. The first frame against Bingo he needed a snooker and the last three reds with blacks. The way he took the three reds and laid the snooker was pure textbook. Check the black from the green spot in the middle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfP19G82_Vg

Superb.

Thanks DC

Re: Clive Everton Ronnie book

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Just ordered on Amazon. Can't wait!


I will too mate. Mine will be a little bit more expensive due to shipping abroad, but it wont be much more.

Re: Clive Everton Ronnie book

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Just ordered on Amazon. Can't wait!


I will too mate. Mine will be a little bit more expensive due to shipping abroad, but it wont be much more.


I’ll read and then send to you mate if you like :-D

Re: Clive Everton Ronnie book

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Just ordered on Amazon. Can't wait!


I will too mate. Mine will be a little bit more expensive due to shipping abroad, but it wont be much more.


I’ll read and then send to you mate if you like :-D


I appreciate it, really do, but I prefer to buy it and keep it for myself. But many thanks.

Re: Clive Everton Ronnie book

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:I appreciate it, really do, but I prefer to buy it and keep it for myself. But many thanks.


Totally understand. I want to keep it on my shelf too, next to Clive's Black Farce and Cueball Wizards which is an essential book for anyone with more than a passing interest in the game. It sits pride of place next to a first edition of Joe Davis' How I Play Snooker. Or The Bible, as the Nugget calls it.