Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Finals Weekend

Postby Wildey

4-1 with Back to Back Centuries ...

cometh the hour cometh the World Champion :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember that time Ronnie accidentally coverted to Islam? <laugh>

did he buck

I don't know, but he accidentally converted to Islam. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Can Robertson make a come-back?

hes Not World Champion with the word CANT in his Vocabulary .

Postby Roland

aussiewild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Can Robertson make a come-back?

hes Not World Champion with the word CANT in his Vocabulary .

He can't. I went 5-1 :D

Postby GJ

devestated such a huge event

iuts that important i HAVE watched the x factor instead of it

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:bucks sake Ronnie, stop feeling your ear in interviews

It's better then in Brentwood, when he kept trying to feel Andy Goldstein's sausage....

Talking of Brentwood, tomorrow is a rematch of the big grudge match that was held that day. Ronnie vs Murphy. You can't look past Ronnie, can you? Even with the way Murphy reeled of 5 frames.

Postby randam05

That is the best interview from ronnie ive heard in a long long time, talking real good stuff, complimenting the players lots and giving a good review of his game..after that interview I see him winning the UK especially with that attitude and his interview about the UK last week.

What everyone else think of it?

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:That is the best interview from ronnie ive heard in a long long time, talking real good stuff, complimenting the players lots and giving a good review of his game..after that interview I see him winning the UK especially with that attitude and his interview about the UK last week.

What everyone else think of it?

I turned it off after the match was won, but however good the interview, you can't tell with Ronnie. He might be in a good mood today, and then march out of the final tomorrow because the bacon sandwich he had for breakfast was burned. A couple of weeks is a long time for Mr. O'Sullivan's fragile psyche, so who knows? He may turn up with the killer instinct at Telford, he might leave again half way through the tournament.

Saying that, I can see him being determined to win a trophy no is dad his out to witness it. When did we say the match against Higgins could be played? Semi-finals. Higgins has a point to prove, both men could be really determined to win. bucking hell, can you imagine a match between those two that was more intense then the ones that had gone before? :eek:
Last edited by SnookerFan on 28 Nov 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby randam05

That would be hell of a semi final, if that did happen i can call now it will be the best match of the season..I bucking LOVE LONG FORMATS

Postby randam05

Seriouly though if you get a chance to watch the interview..do! Its really good words what he says, seriously very interesting.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:That would be hell of a semi final, if that did happen i can call now it will be the best match of the season..I bucking LOVE LONG FORMATS

They met in the semi last year, right? That was the match Higgins needed one frame to win, and Ronnie won like seven in a row to make in 9-9. I'll never forget that night, we were all on here and the Higgins fans were convinced Ronnie would win, and the Ronnie fans were convinced Higgins would win. A very special night of snooker, that was the only equal of the Masters final they played in 2006 in my favourite ever match stakes. :bowdown:

Postby Roland

Andy Goldstein (referring to Shaun Murphy beating him in last years PL final): ...even just a little bit of revenge Ronnie?

Ronnie O'Sullivan: No I really don't play this game against the opponent, I like to be on the table and when you're on the table it's just you and the balls so you don't really play your opponent. It's one of the only sports where when you're sitting in your chair there's not a lot you can do. So you learn it's just you and the table and your opponent is just there to make it difficult for you.

Obviously it'd be nice to win but Shaun is a top player and he's been consistent over the last 4 or 5 years so I've got my work cut out but I enjoy the challenge and I'm getting a bit older so any victory now I accept with gratitude.

AG: At the morning of last years final you ran a half marathon. Plans for tomorrow - get up at midday?

ROS: I won't be doing any half marathons, that was me just seeing what my body could take! That experiment didn't work last year so I'll try something different!

Sigh. I hate exclamation marks but if you don't put them in then they don't show the context. It was a good humoured exchanged and I laughed so I trancribed via Sky+
:redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

Anyway, quite a lot of beer consumed today, due to rugby, snooker, and my desire to pop down the pub every Saturday lunchtime to escape my parents for a while. I am knackered, and off to bed....

See you for the final tomorrow, friends. :wave:

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:Mate, you should see the dump I just did. It was half out before I even got to the bathroom.

bad monkey

Postby gallantrabbit

Re the interview not the dump..

Ronnie generally behaves himself at the Premier games. Maybe cos Hearn is evn more directly involved or he`s proud of his superb record in it or respectful of the cash cow it has been for him. He`s been earning 70 80 grand per year out of it for yonks. When I played league snooker on Thursday nights it was never that way :-(

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:That would be hell of a semi final, if that did happen i can call now it will be the best match of the season..I intercoursing LOVE LONG FORMATS

They met in the semi last year, right? That was the match Higgins needed one frame to win, and Ronnie won like seven in a row to make in 9-9. I'll never forget that night, we were all on here and the Higgins fans were convinced Ronnie would win, and the Ronnie fans were convinced Higgins would win. A very special night of snooker, that was the only equal of the Masters final they played in 2006 in my favourite ever match stakes. :bowdown:

That was an amazing snooker match! I ACTUALLY LOVE LONG FORMATS ONE MILLION TIMES MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD..YOU JUST GET SOME AMAZING AMAZING MATCHES SERIOUSLY.

Postby Roland

It just suits his game so much. It's why Ronnie fans are the ones most in favour of the shot clock. I don't want to get involved in the politics of snooker fans but that is a significant trend that shouldn't be ignored. Any time contraints give a significant advantage to Ronnie O'Sullivan. It's not his fault, he's a genius.

Postby Wildey

Mate Ronnie says or does things on impulse he couldnt care less what Barry Hearn is Directly involved in.

Postby SnookerFan

aussiewild wrote:Mate Ronnie says or does things on impulse he couldnt care less what Barry Hearn is Directly involved in.

It's because of Ronnie's impulse, not Hearn for sure. But to say Ronnie couldn't care less about Hearn is wrong. He was the one calling for him to come back to World Snooker. (After he said he'd prefer Simon Cowell, of course.)

Postby Casey

So Ronnie v Murphy again :chin:

I can't see Ronnie letting it slip this year.

I don't understand why Robbo can't bring his A game to the league, he's never done it. I can only assume its in his head because he's a naturally quick player :huh2:

Anyway what was billed as the 'best PL lineup ever' (which I disagree with) has turned out to be pretty predictable.