Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 10 (Llandudno)

Postby Roland

I know I keep saying it but things are finally rolling on the Shotmaster as in the haitus since the design of the forum and blog has finally ended and SM is the top priority so you'll all be able to use it soon. How soon I don't know because knowing my cousin he'll get sidetracked into making it cooler and more work so longer to release.

Postby Bourne

Easy to forget or underestimate but potting that measly green ball was worth £1000, no small matter when you think about it.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Easy to forget or underestimate but potting that measly green ball was worth £1000, no small matter when you think about it.

and in Murphys case MISSING that measly green was worth £1,000 rofl rofl

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I know I keep saying it but things are finally rolling on the Shotmaster as in the haitus since the design of the forum and blog has finally ended and SM is the top priority so you'll all be able to use it soon. How soon I don't know because knowing my cousin he'll get sidetracked into making it cooler and more work so longer to release.

<laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl
jam tomorrow :wave:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Easy to forget or underestimate but potting that measly green ball was worth £1000, no small matter when you think about it.

and in Murphys case MISSING that measly green was worth £1,000 rofl rofl

That's what I meant :redneck:

All comes down to this one frame then, Robbo or Williams :chin:

Postby Bourne

It would be typical Robertson to get out of this though, the usual backs against the wall comeback that we always expect from him, bottom of the league all season and for the first time he gets top 4 is when he needs it.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Well played Robbo. What were the odds on him qualifying at the start of the evening?

Well played indeed and if GJ still thinks he doesn't care about PL I don't know what he needs to be convinced!

Postby Roland

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:Well played Robbo. What were the odds on him qualifying at the start of the evening?

Well played indeed and if GJ still thinks he doesn't care about PL I don't know what he needs to be convinced!

Apart from it being shot clock which does ruin it when it gets into the pressure situations. Ronnie was very intelligent tonight, he changed his game as he does when he plays Selby and kept it very tight using the shot clock as his weapon. Selby used up his time outs very early on and had to rush later on. You could argue the fluked yellow cost him, but Ronnie gave him a frame with the protest to cancel it out and anyway, he should have won the last frame against Murphy a couple of weeks ago. I still don't know how he managed to lose it because he didn't hit a bad shot <laugh>

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:
Monique wrote:

Apart from it being shot clock which does ruin it when it gets into the pressure situations. Ronnie was very intelligent tonight, he changed his game as he does when he plays Selby and kept it very tight using the shot clock as his weapon. Selby used up his time outs very early on and had to rush later on. You could argue the fluked yellow cost him, but Ronnie gave him a frame with the protest to cancel it out and anyway, he should have won the last frame against Murphy a couple of weeks ago. I still don't know how he managed to lose it because he didn't hit a bad shot <laugh>

The shot-clock adds an element of strategy that, as you said, Ronnie used intelligently. For me it does not "ruin" anything. It is simply a variant of the game that forces the players into different tactics and thinking schemes and as such it is interesting.

Postby Roland

It belongs with Power Snooker and entertainment snooker like the Premier League. It doesn't belong in proper snooker.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Monique wrote:

The shot-clock adds an element of strategy that, as you said, Ronnie used intelligently. For me it does not "ruin" anything. It is simply a variant of the game that forces the players into different tactics and thinking schemes and as such it is interesting.

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild's been quiet today, I wonder if that was him mooning in the background after Goldstein closed the show tonight :chin:

YES

I WAS THERE TONIGHT :excited:

wasent planning on going but a mate called late afternoon saying he had a spare ticket asking if i wanted to go so i did.

by far Robbos best Performance in the league at a time he needed it most pure class and he only arrived in Llandudno at 9.20pm.one punter said What a Nob Head.

Met Selby and Ronnie......

Selby was nice guy plenty of time with the fans but i got to say the impression Ronnie Gave me was rubbish as one Punter Said what a Nob Head.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie sounded like Steve Davis then.

Ronnie is a monumental cockerel. :bird:

when he said what? :chin:

Just when I turned over, and he was talking. They'd cut to a long shot of the audience, and I thought Steve Davis was there for some reason.

Ronnie being a monumental cockerel was an unrelated observation.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Fair play this PL has been a thousand times better than last year where the quality was atrocious.

Still pretty dull though, to be fair. I went to bed before the matches ended. I know I missed what Andy Goldstien defined as the most important match of the season, but I was tired and thought it was worth the risk.