Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 10 (Llandudno)

Postby Alex0paul

Semis
O'Sullivan v Williams/Robertson
Fu v Murphy

Cannot see anything other than a repeat of last years final.

Postby Roland

That was great drama at the end, especially when O'Sullivan missed the Davis black. Unlucky there Selby. Doesn't matter, focus on the big events now <ok>

Once again drama but given the pressure the shot clock ruined it. Right, I'll watch the interview and go scrolling back to get those two shots.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Predictions please for what pearls of wisdom and jokes, all round good guy Murphy (well, hes certainly all round ) will come out with this week in his pre-match interview haha

He'll express an opinion on the Audley Harrison vs David Haye fight.

Postby Bourne

It's been tight all tournament but buck me I didn't think it would come down to this with 2 players on exactly the same points and frames won in 4th.

Postby Alex0paul

Would love Fu to win it now just to snake hiss everyone off and take up one of the spots for next year.

I do wish they'd stop saying its the best lineup ever in the PL.

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul WC wrote:Would love Fu to win it now just to snake hiss everyone off and take up one of the spots for next year.

what line-up was better? certainly in recent years, ie the last 10-12 years its the best line up form wise i can remember as theres no veterans like Davis, Hendry and White in it.

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Would love Fu to win it now just to snake hiss everyone off and take up one of the spots for next year.

what line-up was better? certainly in recent years, ie the last 10-12 years its the best line up form wise i can remember as theres no veterans like Davis, Hendry and White in it.

I'd say 1999 or 2000. Interestingly enough looking back through previous PL's O'Sullivan wasn't in the 2004 lineup.
Last edited by Alex0paul on 18 Nov 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

The layout in the Ronnie miss scenario where Selby laid the snooker with the scores 49-48:

First attempt (he missed but this is what he tried and it was on albeit tough:

This is what he tried second attempt i.e. rattle in the jaws and hope for the best:

and the black to yellow in the next frame:

And a mention for a shot Selby played with pips going and 38 behind in a frame he need to win to qualify - does he play for red, pink and a snooker on the remaining balls? What would you do?

this?

Postby Roland

Robbo is really rubbish at the shot clock - he was down on the shot, about to play it and the pips started. What do you do? Stand up and say "Time out?" <doh> He then got down and missed it :redneck:

Postby GJ

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:it should be a quick sessions tonight .

3 of the 4 players are the best shot clock players ive seen.....Neil Robertson is the odd one out.

reallyshowing i must say rofl <laugh>