Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 10 (Llandudno)

Postby Roland

I know why he didn't play for the yellow into the green pocket - because of shot clock pressure i.e. he didn't have time to stop and plan it

Postby Alex0paul

Can see him getting enough points to win from this snooker. However if it was ball in hand he would be very disadvantaged as yellow to green would be very hard.

Postby Roland

Sonny wrote:Yeah, harsh call of miss. When Ronnie looks perplexed you know it's a bad call from the ref.

I wrote this before the antics. But that's Ronnie O'Sullivan for you. Fair play to him really. And thankfully he chose the protest moment just when Selby needed the frame :redneck:

Postby Alex0paul

If Selby can draw he will avoid O'Sullivan and play Fu if Robertson wins. Any other results and it will be Murphy v Fu.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:
Sonny wrote:Yeah, harsh call of miss. When Ronnie looks perplexed you know it's a bad call from the ref.

I wrote this before the antics. But that's Ronnie O'Sullivan for you. Fair play to him really. And thankfully he chose the protest moment just when Selby needed the frame :redneck:

That little incident nicely highlights the 'no love lost' aspect of this match up. Any other combination of players would of been saying stuff along the lines of 'okay frame conceded' but ROS would rather do the obvious foul on the green than speak to Selby...... <laugh> rofl

Postby Roland

Well he wouldn't have been able to concede the frame anyway. I thought it was possible to hit it the first way he went. Anyway, his tail is up again so it could be 4-1 in a couple of seconds.

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
Sonny wrote:

That little incident nicely highlights the 'no love lost' aspect of this match up. Any other combination of players would of been saying stuff along the lines of 'okay frame conceded' but ROS would rather do the obvious foul on the green than speak to Selby...... <laugh> rofl

Exactly my thoughts, infact i almost saw it as more of a protest against Selby than the miss rule.

He'll be fired up now to win 5-1 and eliminate Selby.

Postby Roland

Exactly. That's why it was a perfect time to make the protest. He went every way he thought was possible and then gave up. Bastard is going to get a century here though. Selby desperately needs the last frame or else he's out.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:Isn't there some sort of code of conduct that players must try their best ?

not sure WSA have any jurisdiction in this type 'event' :redneck:

Well, it's not a World Snooker event, it's a Barry Hearn event. So, erm, yeah. I dunno. :huh:

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:I wasn't really paying attention. What happened?

Selby laid a snooker on the yellow with points about level and then after a few misses Ronnie deliberately fouled till the point he needed snookers

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I'll shotmaster the layout he faced after this frame via rewind on Sky+ :santa:

can you do that black to yellow too please :bowdown: it really was a shot we never see these days, more like a Jimmy or Alex shot from the 80s

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wasn't really paying attention. What happened?

Selby laid a snooker on the yellow with points about level and then after a few misses Ronnie deliberately fouled till the point he needed snookers

Yeah, that'll learn him. Throwing a frame on purpose. <doh>