Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 10 (Llandudno)

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I just remember that match for the big efforts Selby put in to get on level terms but he just couldn't get his nose in front. Dott was incredibly resilient throughout. Mind you, I can't believe Selby got past Ronnie the round before so the semi was a bonus looking back. It's still a blur, I know Stalin got the hump big time and disappeared but what was the story of the Ronnie v Selby Crucible match? It's really weird that I can't remember it... in fact the only thing I can remember about it was Ronnie getting frustrated, and Selby doing a fist pump behind his back. I can't remember the frame scores or any shots or anything.

.............the Selby / ROS match - still got the last session on the digibox I think. I remember they concluded the match by playing afternoon then evening and in the afternoon ROS was sublime but somehow he did not get the lead that his standard deserved and I think it was only 9-7 heading into the final session. Final session cranked up the intensity a notch or three (remember there had already been the abuse of the ref over the touching ball incident, the broken glass at the start of the match and the fist pump from Selby was at the end of the afternoon session I think). Both players missed some balls but my memory of the final session is ROS pretty much resigning himself to defeat from a very good position. And yes I got the hump <laugh> :idea:

Postby Roland

<laugh>

Yes Monique told me how it all went wrong for Ronnie after he went for a 147, missed and Selby stole the frame at 9-5. I remember missing that frame because I couldn't watch :redneck:

Why is Ronnie v Selby on first? If you put Robbo v Murphy on first then you're guaranteed there won't be a dead game.

Postby Roland

Hi SnookerFan. What are your tips for tonight?

I like Ronnie's haircut. It's very Coen Brothers character. Has any famous impressionist ever done Ronnie? I bet he's a piece of snake hiss to do the way he starts every answer with a high pitched voice.

Postby Roland

34-0 frame 1, Selby in play. Has developed black. Ronnie got a massive kick on a long red which gave Selby this chance and now the balls are at his mercy.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:34-0 frame 1, Selby in play. Has developed black. Ronnie got a massive kick on a long red which gave Selby this chance and now the balls are at his mercy.

Dirty bastard! There are women and children watching this.

Postby Roland

hampered on the red and dead straight with pink and black unavailable, digs down and screws off 2 reds to leave perfect angle on pink.

But... he didn't win the frame from it

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:hampered on the red and dead straight with pink and black unavailable, digs down and screws off 2 reds to leave perfect angle on pink.

But... he didn't win the frame from it

yeah it was a nice shot using the red as a stopper/deflector for position......................however ROS with 56 but missed blue by a mile from distance....... :scared:

and Selby misses blue too :idea:

Postby Roland

StalinESQ wrote:black hampering the pot, and Selby still took it, that was poor selection :idea:

Was the safety easy to get safe though? Plus if he's feeling confident and expects to get it then why not go for it?