Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 10 (Llandudno)

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Bourne wrote:Wild's been quiet today, I wonder if that was him mooning in the background after Goldstein closed the show tonight :chin:

YES

I WAS THERE TONIGHT :excited:

wasent planning on going but a mate called late afternoon saying he had a spare ticket asking if i wanted to go so i did.

by far Robbos best Performance in the league at a time he needed it most pure class and he only arrived in Llandudno at 9.20pm.one punter said What a Nob Head.

Met Selby and Ronnie......

Selby was nice guy plenty of time with the fans but i got to say the impression Ronnie Gave me was rubbish as one Punter Said what a Nob Head.

When I called him a 'Monumental cockerel' at the start of the evening, does that count as an accurate prediction? <laugh>

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:Well played Robbo. What were the odds on him qualifying at the start of the evening?

Well played indeed and if GJ still thinks he doesn't care about PL I don't know what he needs to be convinced!

you may be rigth as he did seem more focused than in previous pl matches

:chin:

Postby Casey

Sounds like a good night in the PL.

I was to busy losing like £150 to the American’s I work for in pool, Way too drunk andcompletely hustled <doh>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wrote:Sounds like a good night in the PL.

I was to busy losing like £150 to the American’s I work for in pool, Way too drunk andcompletely hustled <doh>

McDonalds staff party :redneck: :santa: :redneck: :santa:

rofl rofl

I should have known after the first rack i was way too drunk for it, I cued through and hit another ball with the side of my cue when though it was at least an inch away.... <doh> <laugh>
Although it was a free bar so not all bad.

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wrote:Sounds like a good night in the PL.

McDonalds staff party :redneck: :santa: :redneck: :santa:

rofl rofl

I should have known after the first rack i was way too drunk for it, I cued through and hit another ball with the side of my cue when though it was at least an inch away.... <doh> <laugh>
Although it was a free bar so not all bad.

I hope you racked up £150 worth of free drinks in the bar to make up for the lost money. <laugh>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:sounds like a good night, apart from the being hustled aspect, was it American pool or UK pool your were playing........ :idea:

Crazy man, the bar staff stayed on until 3.30 serving drinks. It was UK pool and the yanks were like "look how small the balls and pockets are". I though "yes" I will make profit for the night. Not so and making a couple of trips to the cash point to fund my awful play was not good.

Anyway, great night all the same :excited: .

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:sounds like a good night, apart from the being hustled aspect, was it American pool or UK pool your were playing........ :idea:

Crazy man, the bar staff stayed on until 3.30 serving drinks. It was UK pool and the yanks were like "look how small the balls and pockets are". I though "yes" I will make profit for the night. Not so and making a couple of trips to the cash point to fund my awful play was not good.

<laugh> Mug.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
case_master wrote:

<laugh> Mug.

I remember when I was a lad <laugh> , playing darts for cash, and I kept losing and I kept saying "double or quits" - ended the night driving to the cash point......................... rofl <laugh>

Postby Roland

A drunken idiot saying "double or quits" is how I won so much money at pool on my ski holiday earlier this year

Postby Casey

The worst about it was that the guy wasn’t even that good, he could pot some decent balls but had no real clue about position. Of course I still tried to play a full game using spin <doh> , car crash pool.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:Why play for so much money? <doh> There's putting a fiver on it to make a game interesting, but bucking hell.

It snowballed and I thought I could clean them out. They love gambling because its banned in their State, so when they go to places they can gamble they go nuts. It started off with £20’s and soon moved up.
If only I was sober playing them.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

case_master wrote:The worst about it was that the guy wasn’t even that good, he could pot some decent balls but had no real clue about position. Of course I still tried to play a full game using spin <doh> , car crash pool.

Pints of water I start to drink when the money comes out, iced up to the hilt. Wake the brain up. <ok>

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:The worst about it was that the guy wasn’t even that good, he could pot some decent balls but had no real clue about position. Of course I still tried to play a full game using spin <doh> , car crash pool.

I love anything with money on it. Always have. Cards (bastard bragg, chase the ace), darts, pool. I can play a match and with no money involved there is no real tension other than wanting to win for the hell of it, but with notes involved there is (as the advert says) more to it when there is money on it. The guys in my office are a complete bunch of wet blankets (train lovers). If they knew what I'd made in the last 2 weeks their eyes would be bulging out their heads.

One particular idiot keeps mentioning how his mortgage is paid off, and then for added effect he mentions the current share price - as if he is some sort of chuffin Branson-figure cos he has a LandRover <laugh>

He does not realise that the number I'm holding is double that of the guy he keeps mocking about being MrLoaded. rofl <laugh>

:santa:

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:

I love anything with money on it. Always have. Cards (bastard bragg, chase the ace), darts, pool. I can play a match and with no money involved there is no real tension other than wanting to win for the hell of it, but with notes involved there is (as the advert says) more to it when there is money on it. The guys in my office are a complete bunch of wet blankets (train lovers). If they knew what I'd made in the last 2 weeks their eyes would be bulging out their heads.

One particular idiot keeps mentioning how his mortgage is paid off, and then for added effect he mentions the current share price - as if he is some sort of chuffin Branson-figure cos he has a LandRover <laugh>

He does not realise that the number I'm holding is double that of the guy he keeps mocking about being MrLoaded. rofl <laugh>

stockmartket?

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

stockmartket?

Yep. :idea: <ok>

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:Well done Sir :clap:

I might take a venture that way in a few years when I have some decent equity behind me :redneck:

You dont need much really, but it is time consuming, in that you need to be able to watch prices pretty much all day. This particular stock in a company called SAREUM is a cancer research outfit. There are loads of such companies and they are all looking to get their product to trial with a major company and then to production. I bought and sold within 7 days - scooping circa 30%. :idea: <ok> :idea: <ok>