Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 9 (Grimsby)

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Bourne wrote:Thank you.

another 5-1 Ronnie next week and a relaxed murphy vs Robbo then it could get very interesting.

no disrespect to robbo but in the league Ronnie and Murphy would prefer Robbo in the semis rather than Selby.

Murphys too much of a professional to play with that attitude though.

Can see Ronnie giving Selby a similar beating to what he did to Robbo tonight. He seemed motivated tonight to prove a point after the World Open final and that hes still a serious force in the game.

With qualification already secured but motivation due to their strong rivalry i think Ronnie will play well and prove a point.

Postby Wildey

Noel wrote:O'Sullivan played with a poise and maturity and a fluency no other can, frankly, match.
By comparison Murphy and Williams were clubbing the balls.
If this represents what Ron will bring to the UKs, the Masters, the WC this year it could be
something extraordinary.

=o)

Noel

Ronnie been doing this in the League for yonx dont take nothing out of this more than what it is Ronnie Having a cushy job in and out one night stand.

Trying to compare that to the Top Tournaments is like comparing a 3 wheel van to a Rolls.

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Bourne wrote:Thank you.

another 5-1 Ronnie next week and a relaxed murphy vs Robbo then it could get very interesting.

We're talking about the Premier League. I think interesting may be too strong a term.

Postby GJ

Noel wrote:O'Sullivan played with a poise and maturity and a fluency no other can, frankly, match.
If this represents what Ron will bring to the UKs, the Masters, the WC this year it could be
something extraordinary.

=o)

Noel

he still didnt deliver in world open fiaal a far more important event

<cool>

Postby boris_the_butcher

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
something extraordinary.

=o)

Noel

<cool>

I don't know, it was still a gimmick event with the best of 5 crap.

Postby SnookerFan

For me, both the World Open and the Premier League are high on gimmicks, low on entertainment. Power Snooker was okay, but still the gimmick count was high. The best thing on television so far this season was The Shanghai Masters. :eek:

Looking forward to the UK Championship in a couple of weeks. Getting down to some no nonsense snooker action. :D

Postby Casey

something extraordinary.

=o)

Noel

Thats his style 90% of the time in the PL but he rarely brings that to other tournaments.

Postby Bourne

boris_the_butcher wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
something extraordinary.

=o)

Noel

<cool>

So it was an important ranking event with lots of points and money up for grabs ... until he got to the final where it was just a gimmick <laugh>

Postby Wildey

boris_the_butcher wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
something extraordinary.

=o)

Noel

<cool>

but Ronnie Excells at Gimmicks <ok>

Gimmicks with Ranking Points he couldn't <laugh>

Postby Roland

Actually I enjoyed the World Open more than the Shanghai and I enjoyed the Power Snooker as well because I don't see it as a threat to real snooker.

Postby GJ

boris aka robbo basher

try harder next time

:wave:

Postby Noel

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
something extraordinary.

=o)

Noel

Ronnie been doing this in the League for yonx dont take nothing out of this more than what it is Ronnie Having a cushy job in and out one night stand.

Trying to compare that to the Top Tournaments is like comparing a 3 wheel van to a Rolls.

Ya wild... maybe he'll win one of those "Top Tournaments" one day.

=oP

Noel

Postby Tubberlad

Ronnie won't win any majors this year in my opinion, though I'd love to see him win all three :)

Robbo has a long way to go to reach O'Sullivan's standing, and I would be stunned if he ever did to be honest. Prove themselves in a proper event? Well, O'Sullivan has 11 majors, 22 ranking titles, been world number one five times... good luck Neil.