Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 6 (Banbury)

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:What would Williams career record look like without the "wilderness years"?

really the Williams Wilderness years although it contains 1 Ranking Title was Between 2004 and 2009 thats about 5 years.

Postby Roland

Yep - all kicked off with the loss to Fergal O'Brien at the UK ending his 48 first round match winning run which I was there to witness. It's my fault.

Postby SnookerFan

I got invited by my friend's wife to a Harvester meal, like 6 months ago, and just found out today she hasn't booked it until 9pm. Who eats dinner at 9pm. She's also told me not to eat any food all day, so I can finish my dinner. Cheeky cow... Anybody who has ever seen me in my dodgy T-Shirts at snooker matches knows I'm fat enough to finish my dinner, and others around me.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yep - all kicked off with the loss to Fergal O'Brien at the UK ending his 48 first round match winning run which I was there to witness. It's my fault.

and Just checked the Record of his contemperies during that Lean Years of Williams

Ronnie won 9 Rankers
Higgins 6 Rankers

so at the time of the start of the wilderness YEARS

Ronnie 13 Rankers 1 WC
Higgins 15 Rankers 1 WC
Williams 15 Rankers 2 WC

Postby Roland

yep. As well as he's playing at the moment, I honestly can't see him adding any more majors to his tally. He'll win more rankers but as for UK and Worlds... not sure

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:yep. As well as he's playing at the moment, I honestly can't see him adding any more majors to his tally. He'll win more rankers but as for UK and Worlds... not sure

Sounds alright to me. He'll go down as a two-time winner of everything important. If he wins a few more Welsh Opens and Shanghai Masters, I won't complain. Just good to see Mark J Williams winning again, and any ranking event win isn't to be sniffed at these days.

Postby Roland

I know but I want him to get to 3 Worlds but I want Selby to get his first more...

One thing I'm pleased to see is the crowds finally getting behind Williams. I never could understand why 10 years ago more Jimmy White fans didn't get behind Mark Williams. He deserved to have the crowd behind him whenever he played but for some reason he was largely met with indifference during his peak period. Baffling really.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I know but I want him to get to 3 Worlds but I want Selby to get his first more...

One thing I'm pleased to see is the crowds finally getting behind Williams. I never could understand why 10 years ago more Jimmy White fans didn't get behind Mark Williams. He deserved to have the crowd behind him whenever he played but for some reason he was largely met with indifference during his peak period. Baffling really.

Don't ask me. I still can't fathom why people support Ronnie. :huh:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I know but I want him to get to 3 Worlds but I want Selby to get his first more...

simple Jimmy White was suppose to be the first Left Handed WC.

Mark was the first.

Postby GJ

wild

HOW DID ROBBO PLAY ONE OF HIS BEST PERFORMANCES OR NOT ?

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:wild

it was a flattering score but by a million miles Robbos best PL Match

Postby Witz78

Cos hes Welsh? :huh2:

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:wild

it was a flattering score but by a million miles Robbos best PL Match

cheers mate :ahh:

Postby Wildey

no jimmy white fans had a ideal plan for him a WC and a Lefthanded WC. they hated anyone that got in the way of that...

Hendry for depriving him and Williams for doing what Jimmy failed.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:no jimmy white fans had a ideal plan for him a WC and a Lefthanded WC. they hated anyone that got in the way of that...

Hendry for depriving him and Williams for doing what Jimmy failed.

<doh> WTF

Postby Witz78

1 point seperating the 7 players.

It kinda begs the question that maybe in future years it should be 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw the same as football to encourage people to go all out for the win. Even have a win bonus of a few extra grand. Seems so often in the league someone is happy to get to 3 frames then relax cos they know they cant lose.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:1 point seperating the 7 players.

It kinda begs the question that maybe in future years it should be 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw the same as football to encourage people to go all out for the win. Even have a win bonus of a few extra grand. Seems so often in the league someone is happy to get to 3 frames then relax cos they know they cant lose.

6-0 SHOULD GET A BONUS POINT

THEY ARE QUITE RARE

:bowdown: <cool>