Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 5 (Inverness)

Postby Casey

So they hinted 'in theory' that shot clocks could be brought into a ranking event next season. Welsh Open or one of the China events maybe?
Robbo reckons 35secs would be better, anyway we will see how the players would vote on it as I am guessing they would have to for the rule changes?

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:He's won 2 majors don't forget. All this talk of ranking titles, the Masters is bigger than everything except the UK and Worlds.

I count the Masters a good couple of rungs below the Worlds and UK tbh, not that i'm belittling his achievements at all, but I think he's capable of a lot more ...

Postby Bourne

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Bourne wrote:I'd be amazed if Selby doesn't win big titles in his career, he's too good not to. Snooker is a game so much in the head and he's got it in the head.

He's gotta be money coming? intercourse knows we've all lost a few quid on someone we've been sure that is nailed on to win, but Mark Selby? :huh2:

I'm not saying he's out of Martin Kaymer's stable but he's gotta be as close as your gonna get to a dedicated player winning a major ranking for the first time, as in the UK. Shirley?

He's my bet anyway.

Gutted the way 606 has gone. Have to pick & choose now. :sad:

Kaymer might just reach the top in his next outing, Spain next week is it ? I hope he does it <ok>

Postby Roland

I must've missed the hint at shot clock being brought into a ranker. If they do they'll have to keep it at 25 seconds. Once you start tinkering and pushing it up to be more fair then you enter into ruining snooker forever territory. It needs to be a feature and not a new rule. But let's not get into that. The most annoying part apart from players rushing is the inconsistency of the clock starting and the pips at 5 seconds when the player is about to play the shot.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:I must've missed the hint at shot clock being brought into a ranker. If they do they'll have to keep it at 25 seconds. Once you start tinkering and pushing it up to be more fair then you enter into ruining snooker forever territory. It needs to be a feature and not a new rule. But let's not get into that. The most annoying part apart from players rushing is the inconsistency of the clock starting and the pips at 5 seconds when the player is about to play the shot.

Goldstein said in theory. Then again he could be talking tripe as usual.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:So they hinted 'in theory' that shot clocks could be brought into a ranking event next season. Welsh Open or one of the China events maybe?
Robbo reckons 35secs would be better, anyway we will see how the players would vote on it as I am guessing they would have to for the rule changes?

just sent them a e mail telling them to go intercourse themselves <ok>

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:So they hinted 'in theory' that shot clocks could be brought into a ranking event next season. Welsh Open or one of the China events maybe?

just sent them a e mail telling them to go intercourse themselves <ok>

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

the only tournament you could inter grade a shot clock in is the World Open with 1 table.....

you cant have poops going off all over the shop with players shouting time out and all that rubbish with multi tables.

Postby Roland

Naa the World Open is fine as it is. I say bring it in for the UK at Telford with 4 tables. That'll be well entertaining :redneck:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Naa the World Open is fine as it is. I say bring it in for the UK at Telford with 4 tables. That'll be well entertaining :redneck:

Shot clock for the Worlds :ahh: Only make if 15secs so the players have to run around the table and lose a bit of weight <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Naa the World Open is fine as it is. I say bring it in for the UK at Telford with 4 tables. That'll be well entertaining :redneck:

dont know what i was thinking :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:They're playing Banbury next week? That's my birthplace. Horrible place :redneck:

yup especially one day during the 70s :redneck:

Postby Roland

I went 4-2 Williams but I needed him to win that last frame to stand a chance. Robbo's tail is up now and it could well be 4-2 the other way.

Postby Roland

This has been pure class though. From the very first long red which he hit hard as buck. When there is a grand up for grabs, you can bet he's trying for the century.

Maybe in televised rankers they should give a £100 bonus for every century.

3-2 to the best left-hander of all time