Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 5 (Inverness)

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Selby getting balder by the week, worrying times for the funny man. :redneck: :idea: :idea:

if it was ok for Eric Morecambe itll be ok for Selby <laugh>

I've seen the statue at Morecambe that's in Eric's honour.

Yes, this is a boring frame.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

When Mark Selby drilled that blue into the middle there, with so much power, I love seeing the control come out of playing such shots like that. That tells me things about a player. ZONE....... :D

Bourne wrote:A Robbo win tonight would mean all 7 players are within two points of eachother :?

Nothing wrong with that. Premier League, Premier stuff, No?

Postby Wildey

ive yet to See Selby playing a poor Shot Clock match yes hes lost but the other player HAS to play well to beat him

Postby Roland

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:When Mark Selby drilled that blue into the middle there, with so much power, I love seeing the control come out of playing such shots like that. That tells me things about a player. ZONE....... :D

The shot I liked was similar. He hammered the red - it was easy to play it mid paced and screw back for the blue but I liked the full power and slow stun screw back (it wasn't as straight as I've drawn it). It's the sort of shot I love playing but you've got to be in the zone to control it.

Postby SnookerFan

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Bourne wrote:A Robbo win tonight would mean all 7 players are within two points of eachother :?

Nothing wrong with that. Premier League, Premier stuff, No?

I've got a bit bored of this tournament, to be fair. Bring on Telford and some proper no gimmick action. :D :bowdown:

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:ive yet to See Selby playing a poor Shot Clock match yes hes lost but the other player HAS to play well to beat him

That goes with ranking events too.

Hawkins in the World Open
Carter in Shanghai
Dott at the Crucible

the list goes on but the number of times he's played well and the opponent has played out of their skin to beat him. That's why I have such confidence the best is still yet to come from Selby in terms of big tournament wins because it can't go on like that forever.

100%
I know wild doesn't like me saying this, but when a player is cueing like that, he's cueing like God. OK, Lets drop God, he's cueing as good as anyone can cue. I love watching that. Steve Davis used to call it sound judgement. Its Quality, it really is. Love it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:ive yet to See Selby playing a poor Shot Clock match yes hes lost but the other player HAS to play well to beat him

That goes with ranking events too.

Hawkins in the World Open
Carter in Shanghai
Dott at the Crucible

the list goes on but the number of times he's played well and the opponent has played out of their skin to beat him. That's why I have such confidence the best is still yet to come from Selby in terms of big tournament wins because it can't go on like that forever.

fair point

Postby Casey

I really think he will win the UK, a SF with Ronnie would be :bowdown:

Anyway he's on top form tonight, Fu hasn't done a whole lot wrong.

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:I am missing Have I Got News For You. I'll catch it tomorrow on I-Player.

Is it a new series?

Sonny wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am missing Have I Got News For You. I'll catch it tomorrow on I-Player.

Is it a new series?

Do you buy Private Eye?

case_master wrote:I really think he will win the UK, a SF with Ronnie would be :bowdown:

Anyway he's on top form tonight, Fu hasn't done a whole lot wrong.

Case. Hi btw. I've lost money on Mark Selby. The guy has to be due? Everytime he plays, the player he's playing 'ups' it against him. It can't keep happening. Bookmark mate. Hope your well too.

Postby Roland

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Sonny wrote:

Is it a new series?

Do you buy Private Eye?

Very occasionally. I find it quite hard going but there's usually some good stuff. I always get the annual as a Christmas present from my mum and there have been some great spin off books from Private Eye. The newspaper clippings one is bloody brilliant. Cutting Humour I think it's called.

I love HIGNFY, I've watched it from the very first series. I hope Angus comes back as a guest presenter one day. He was quality.

Postby Roland

Back to that point on Selby and other players playing better - I don't want to sound like a fanboy making excuses but looking back top form Higgins arguably cost him 2 world titles (2007 and 2009) and O'Sullivan cost him a Masters title (2009) and a UK (2007 with the 147 in the decider).

Yes he does put in the odd bad performance and loses matches he should have won and you end up thinking how did he manage to lose that? But hopefully the tide will turn for him and he'll be the blocker to younger players lifting the big titles and it'll be a case of so and so could've won x many majors but kept drawing Selby.

Postby Bourne

I'd be amazed if Selby doesn't win big titles in his career, he's too good not to. Snooker is a game so much in the head and he's got it in the head.

Postby Roland

He's won 2 majors don't forget. All this talk of ranking titles, the Masters is bigger than everything except the UK and Worlds.

Bourne wrote:I'd be amazed if Selby doesn't win big titles in his career, he's too good not to. Snooker is a game so much in the head and he's got it in the head.

He's gotta be money coming? buck knows we've all lost a few quid on someone we've been sure that is nailed on to win, but Mark Selby? :huh2:

I'm not saying he's out of Martin Kaymer's stable but he's gotta be as close as your gonna get to a dedicated player winning a major ranking for the first time, as in the UK. Shirley?

He's my bet anyway.

Gutted the way 606 has gone. Have to pick & choose now. :sad:

Postby Wildey

mid session table

21 Bourne
14 Black2white
13 StalinESQ
12 Sonny
11 The Cleaver
10 Wild
9 GJ
9 John From London Town
8 randam05
7 Mr Snooker
7 JadeChelsey
4 petePCR
4 Noal
4 Snookered
4 Rocket Ron
3 CaseMaster
0 Cheesyman
0 andreiolay212
0 Monique

Sonny wrote:He's won 2 majors don't forget. All this talk of ranking titles, the Masters is bigger than everything except the UK and Worlds.

Ponying up in the long frame match's is the Major's. Long haul style.