Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 5 (Inverness)

Postby Wildey

wildJONESEYE wrote:Mark looked all at sea tonight

Told you he was hopeless :redneck:

That was so effortless

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:This has been pure class though. From the very first long red which he hit hard as buck. When there is a grand up for grabs, you can bet he's trying for the century.

Maybe in televised rankers they should give a £100 bonus for every century.

3-2 to the best left-hander of all time

The only two left handed World Champions of all time in this one :redneck:

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:
Sonny wrote:This has been pure class though. From the very first long red which he hit hard as buck. When there is a grand up for grabs, you can bet he's trying for the century.

Ronnie...........? ;)

Postby GJ

case_master wrote:Nice break. <ok>

Robbo desperately needs the next frame.

its a glorified exhibiton

<ok>

its like federer and nadal saying winning an exhibition is more important than an atp tournament or a slam

<laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

Ronnie...........? ;)

<laugh> Two and a half so then...

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<ok>

its like federer and nadal saying winning an exhibition is more important than an atp tournament or a slam

<laugh>

so predictable <laugh>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<ok>

<laugh>

so predictable <laugh>

<cool> :afro:

Postby Tubberlad

Robertson is rubbish under a time-limit, but I don't think that will bother him too much. In terms of pure snooker, he's the man to beat right now, definitely.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:Robertson is rubbish under a time-limit, but I don't think that will bother him too much. In terms of pure snooker, he's the man to beat right now, definitely.

and he has Bottle in Bucket Loads.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Bloody Robbo ruined my chance for 2 correct predictions

<cool> :D

Postby Tubberlad

wildJONESEYE wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:Robertson is rubbish under a time-limit, but I don't think that will bother him too much. In terms of pure snooker, he's the man to beat right now, definitely.

He's a bottle bank. I've never seen him choke, look nervous or lose a game he shouldn't have.

A bit like a man by the name of Stephen Hendry...

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:
Sonny wrote:Ronnie did

Ronnie put the Premier League as the fourth biggest of the year, didn't he?

That man... :evilgrin1:

its below

majors

all other ranking events

ptc

and its just ahead of power snooker

<cool>

Postby Wildey

good week snooker now to important stuff has the porst mortem been on billie in eastenders <laugh>

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

He's a bottle bank. I've never seen him choke, look nervous or lose a game he shouldn't have.

Robbo bottled the Masters game from 3-0 up v Ronnie last year rofl

He also very nearly bottled the 5-3 lead v Higgins in the Grand Prix semi last year :john:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

He also very nearly bottled the 5-3 lead v Higgins in the Grand Prix semi last year :john:

some people needs lessons on what bottling means.

bottling does not mean losing from in-front yes it can mean that but for some losing from in-front defines bottling which it doesn't.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

bottling does not mean losing from in-front yes it can mean that but for some losing from in-front defines bottling which it doesn't.

being a bottler myself rofl i know what bottling is :mood: and Robbo definetly cracked in that Ronnie game, as good as Ronnie came back at him he still crumbled to an extent. Similarily the pressure got to him in that Higgins semi as he knew Higgins had a habit of comebacks and panic set in and he very nearly hung that last black and lost.

Also though he beat Dott, given the way he played so negative and un-Robertson like id have to say he bottled the World Final in a way. :huh2:

Postby Tubberlad

Ronnie O'Sullivan played class from 3-0 down and deserved that win <ok> it was far from a bottle

Higgins semi-final: he won

World final: he won, comfortably and did what he needed to do.

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:and he has Bottle in Bucket Loads.

He definitely bottled the 25th frame of his quarter final with Dott in the 2006 WC. He got back from 12-8 to 12-12 then started playing very negative. There was a key shot where Dott missed and Robertson played the next shot instead of putting Dott back in and completely botched it.

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan played class from 3-0 down and deserved that win <ok> it was far from a bottle

Higgins semi-final: he won

World final: he won, comfortably and did what he needed to do.

a) Robertson shoulda had Ronnie dead and buried, as good as Ronnie played from 0-3 , Robbo played equally bad.

b) ...........just

c) only Dotts fatigue ensured Robbo won, anyone playing raulmoat-ly well would have destroyed him the way he played.

Postby Tubberlad

If Robbo's a bottler, I don't think there's hope for many more. Does this have anything to do with a very comprehensive recent win over Ronnie O'Sullivan :chin:

Postby Wildey

everyone at some point bottles a shot or misses a shot call it what you want the strength is how you put that behind you and come back fighting players without bottle goes under.

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:If Robbo's a bottler, I don't think there's hope for many more. Does this have anything to do with a very comprehensive recent win over Ronnie O'Sullivan :chin:

only the scoreline was comprehensive, the stats such as long potting and safety Ronnie was actually ahead of at the end of the match. Robbo def got the run of the balls that night. :no:

every players a bottler to a degree, prob the only one in recent seasons who wasnt a bottler was Higgins. :chin: