Topic locked

The PL - Roll Call

Postby SnookerFan

I have my tickets for the Brentwood show on 7th October. The day after my 30th birthday, I figured I might as well watch some snooker, even if it's of the shot clock variety.

Who else is going?

Re: The PL - Roll Call

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:Going to Plymouth September 16 and to Grimsby November 11

This as a spectator or a photographer?

Postby Alex0paul

Monique wrote:Photographer :)

Might see you there

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:I'd love to go to a to a PL night. i will have to see where they are.

Do anyone have a list of venues?

You never been? They are alright, but consider them more as night outs rather then sensational snooker. Good to go to, to see some top players, but you tend not to get the same atmosphere you get at a ranker. They tend to be full of people who know nothing of the sport. At one of them, I overheard somebody saying he thought the idea of leaving The Crucible to go to China was a good one. <doh>

Say that, being that I'm always banging on about how much I hate shot clock snooker, I've been to two snooker. I went to the one in Croydon about 5 years ago. As I live there, so couldn't turn it down. Also, I went to the infamous one in Hayward's Heath, due to knowing somebody who lived there. It was the one that clashed with the Bahrain Championship. I'd brought the tickets before the ranker was announced unfortunately, but got front row seats, so was close enough to the players that it was still alright.

Got a friend who likes snooker whose parents live not far off Brentwood, so am going to go up there. She can grab a bed for the night. I'm not sure whether to come home late, or book to stay somewhere yet.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:I'd love to go to a to a PL night. i will have to see where they are.

Do anyone have a list of venues?

can I get back to you with the venues for this muck :idea: :wave: :idea: :wave:

No.

Postby simplysnooker

Brentwood was my first actual experience of live snooker, so it was a good night. Ding's only win in the PL this season and a good game between Ronnie and Murphy. Which hopefully will be even better tomorrow!

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:Brentwood was my first actual experience of live snooker, so it was a good night. Ding's only win in the PL this season and a good game between Ronnie and Murphy. Which hopefully will be even better tomorrow!

I was at Brentwood too. Good night, that one.

You want to get yourself down to The Crucible, live sport at it's best. You get to meet and talk to the players and everything. <ok>

Postby simplysnooker

I definetley want to go to The Crucible, but I have a season ticket for Colchester United and go to most games so money for other stuff is a bit tight at the moment. It's a shame we didn't get Sheffield Wednesday away whilst it was on, would have been a cracking weekend!

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:I definetley want to go to The Crucible, but I have a season ticket for Colchester United and go to most games so money for other stuff is a bit tight at the moment. It's a shame we didn't get Sheffield Wednesday away whilst it was on, would have been a cracking weekend!

Don't chose football over The Crucible. :sad: I think my team are on telly next weekend, but I am firmly going to be sat watching snooker, in Telford. Though, I support West Brom, so you may see why. <laugh>

Seriously though, The Crucible, is amongst the best thing you'll do. Even if the matches you see are rubbish, it'll be the best time of your life visiting that little dream factory.

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:They had a good result yesterday though :)

Something I definetley want to do in the future though

And, if you're lucky, you get your photo taken with Michaela Tabb. :excited:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:They had a good result yesterday though :)

Something I definetley want to do in the future though

And, if you're lucky, you get your photo taken with Michaela Tabb. :excited:

:redneck:

.......................or Zhanger :idea: :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:I'm drinking cold Budweiser - by the pintage :) :D :) :D

Careful. You'll be asleep by the time the snooker is on. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:Brentwood was my first actual experience of live snooker, so it was a good night. Ding's only win in the PL this season and a good game between Ronnie and Murphy. Which hopefully will be even better tomorrow!

Did you see a fat bloke walking around in a red Hurricane Higgins t-shirt? <laugh> That was me.