Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 1 (Southampton)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Or on those hospital life support machines, when they start beeping like buck then you start to panic

or standing behind a 40 tone articulated lorry reversing now then you panic <laugh>

Postby Roland

First frame, still a way to go so can't judge. Marco is good at getting shot clock frames tied up and negative. Wild is right.

Postby Witz78

one of my worst pet hates that when players refuse to play on when they only need a couple of snookers when theyve an easy chance to get a few reds and blacks then lay a snooker on the last red !!

Postby Roland

After a frame like that, you can't blame Ronnie for wanting to get stuck into the next one. And as you can see, it was the correct decision. He's moving mightily gingerly with that back I must say rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:After a frame like that, you can't blame Ronnie for wanting to get stuck into the next one. And as you can see, it was the correct decision. He's moving mightily gingerly with that back I must say rofl

Yes.... :chin:

Postby Wildey

Marco Fu is a prime example why shot clock snooker will never work in Ranking Tournament.

imagine the negativity between Harold and O'Brian.

but there is a lone voice somewhere up north that still banging on about it

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Marco Fu is a prime example why shot clock snooker will never work in Ranking Tournament.

imagine the negativity between Harold and O'Brian.

but there is a lone voice somewhere up north that still banging on about it

make that 2 then................. :john:

theres a place for ONE shot clock ranker on the tour for say 5,000 points to the winner. If a best of 5 frames event can have 7,000 points to the winner then i dont think my suggestion is too ludicrous.

Postby Wildey

no theres no room what so ever for one its negative snooker at it worst it only just works with the best of the best in the PL.

Postby SnookerFan

Am I the only one who thinks the shot clock in the PL just really isn't that interesting? Why the fook would you want in a ranker? I don't want it in this, let alone at The Crucible.

Maybe High Definition telly makes the PL more interesting.

Postby SnookerFan

Well, Marco Fu has at least a draw.... Maybe he will play better this tournament. Or maybe he has just proven to be a bogey opponent for Ronnie. Still, he has a few grand in the hand.

Postby Witz78

Ronnie still hasnt learnt from last season where his poor BREAK-OFFs (releasing 3 balls from the pack as tempters) cost him about 50% of the frames without him even getting back to the table.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Ronnie still hasnt learnt from last season where his poor BREAK-OFFs (releasing 3 balls from the pack as tempters) cost him about 50% of the frames without him even getting back to the table.

He must have. It's just he ignores it. Ronnie would rather be rubbish and entertaining, then win by any means necessary.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Ronnie still hasnt learnt from last season where his poor BREAK-OFFs (releasing 3 balls from the pack as tempters) cost him about 50% of the frames without him even getting back to the table.

he knows what hes doing.

he saying you pot them or i will....its a atacking way of playing granted but that what he wants no point keeping things tight.