Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2010 - Fixtures

Postby Roland

It depends how far away it is though. I mean I drove from York all the way to Geneva and I would still have been able to play a few games of snooker when I arrived.

Postby Wildey

all very well and good john but what are they doing in a thread about Premier League Snooker <laugh>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

wildJONESEYE wrote:all very well and good john but what are they doing in a thread about Premier League Snooker <laugh>

Sorry mate. :ashamed:

I seen Premier league & I thought Footie.

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:all very well and good john but what are they doing in a thread about Premier League Snooker <laugh>

Sorry mate. :ashamed:

I seen Premier league & I thought Footie.

NEVER MIND

i enjoyed them all the same lol

Postby SnookerFan

I am headed to Essex on the 7th October. I have a friend who lives there, and it's the day after my 30th birthday, so it'll be good for a night out. (Hopefully, I'll be in a decent enough state the day after my birthday.) <laugh>

Though I'm gutted. Last week in October, me and a mate always watch the Premier League event in the pub, as she's a single mother, but her son is on half term and with the father for the week. However, she's off to see some concert this year. There's one good snake hiss up, I won't be having. :wild2:

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:Looking at the calendar for this season again and at PL fixtures I see a bit of a problem there. On 7 occasions the PL is happening just the day before a PTC or EPTC. Actually it's the case for 5 of the EPTCs. How are the players involved in PL supposed to make it? The EPTCs are only 3 days so you can expect the matches to start early. The draw isn't known much in advance and is random. PL is usually finishing around 11 pm, so unlikely they still can make it on that evening.
Let's take the PL in Grimsby for instance: it's featuring Williams, Murphy, Ronnie and Robbo. EPTC5 in Hamm is taking place the next day. Grimsby isn't anywhere near an airport (closest is Manchester I think) and to go to Hamm they have to fly to Dusseldorf then take a train or a car to Hamm (they traveled by train when we got there for exos) distance must be some 60 km. So that means Grimsby-Manchester possibly by car, Manchester - London flight, London - Dusseldorf flight and Dusseldorf - Hamm transport. Doesn't seem doable, considering waiting times in airports, connexions and all unless arrangements are made so that none of them play on the friday before evening. And they will be shattered before they even start.

I have a solution:

Scrap the PL !!! <ok>

Postby GJ

could we have a WC

after robbo's name please

show some respect

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Looking at the calendar for this season again and at PL fixtures I see a bit of a problem there. On 7 occasions the PL is happening just the day before a PTC or EPTC. Actually it's the case for 5 of the EPTCs. How are the players involved in PL supposed to make it? The EPTCs are only 3 days so you can expect the matches to start early. The draw isn't known much in advance and is random. PL is usually finishing around 11 pm, so unlikely they still can make it on that evening.
Let's take the PL in Grimsby for instance: it's featuring Williams, Murphy, Ronnie and Robbo. EPTC5 in Hamm is taking place the next day. Grimsby isn't anywhere near an airport (closest is Manchester I think) and to go to Hamm they have to fly to Dusseldorf then take a train or a car to Hamm (they traveled by train when we got there for exos) distance must be some 60 km. So that means Grimsby-Manchester possibly by car, Manchester - London flight, London - Dusseldorf flight and Dusseldorf - Hamm transport. Doesn't seem doable, considering waiting times in airports, connexions and all unless arrangements are made so that none of them play on the friday before evening. And they will be shattered before they even start.

the way they done the Paul Hunter Classic schedule it would be possible if you don't mind the Friday Traveling that is.

http://www.global-snooker.com/professio ... hedule.asp

10 out of 64 1st round matches are kept back until the Saturday.

Postby Monique

Yes, I think that's what will be done. And I don't think they will mind the Friday traveling. When they played in exos in Germany and Europe in general over the last 2 years, Ronnie, Davis, Selby, Murphy, Robbo and co often had exos in rather distant cities on 2 consecutive days (Prague and Hamm, St Austel and Hamm, Berlin and Munich, some city in Austria and Hamburg ... )