Post a reply

Re: 2021 Snooker Island Shootout

Postby Running side

Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm playing tomorrow. I've not actually played for 3 weeks so let's see what I can do. I'm playing against a mate I very rarely beat. First time I'm playing against him for a year.
He's pretty decent and I think he's made a few 50+ breaks before. He made a 45 against me few years ago. My highest break of 30 did actually come against him.
It would be great to repeat that but I doubt it lol.

Good luck mate. I’m a firm believer that the quickest way of getting better is playing someone better than you.

Bang on that first 40 <ok>

Bang on, better players lift your game ,unless there knocking 50+ every frame, plus helps to show how to build breaks.

Postby Prop

Running side wrote:
Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm playing tomorrow. I've not actually played for 3 weeks so let's see what I can do. I'm playing against a mate I very rarely beat. First time I'm playing against him for a year.
He's pretty decent and I think he's made a few 50+ breaks before. He made a 45 against me few years ago. My highest break of 30 did actually come against him.
It would be great to repeat that but I doubt it lol.

Good luck mate. I’m a firm believer that the quickest way of getting better is playing someone better than you.

Bang on that first 40 <ok>

Bang on, better players lift your game ,unless there knocking 50+ every frame, plus helps to show how to build breaks.

Also I think being around a player that’s perhaps more focused and with a definite repetition about their pre-shot routine and approach can make you subconsciously follow those kind of patterns more.

You can get sucked into mirroring your opponent in snooker, for better or worse. Even in the pro game if one player gets scrappy and loses focus the other often follows. And players with the right mindset will become more focused and clinical against a better player with those natural attributes, without realising they’re doing so.

Postby Prop

Not saying you’re not focused btw, Judders. Was more a general point :-)

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Hello mate I played today. These are my high breaks in the 6 frames.
Frame 1- 12
Frame 2- 1
Frame 3- 1
Frame 4- 13 and 13
Frame 5- 5
Frame 6- 8

Unfortunately for me frame 3 was the frame I chose for my shootout. I really struggled in frame 2 and 3 and just couldn't get going in them. My opponent was on form.

Badsnookerplayer wrote:So my first round high break was 33 in frame 2 today.

The frame score ended 66 - 18 to me.

Was fortunate really as I felt pressured to get a break and I wa running out of balls.

Thanks for organising this

Juddernaut88 1-33 Badsnookerplayer

Postby chengdufan

Competition status update

Quarter Finals

Running Side v Deewee - Running Side has played. He will get a bye if Deewee doesn't log in by Saturday
Johnny Bravo v Rekoons Neither has played yet.
AcesInc v Chengdufan I have played and sent my score to Iranu.

Postby chengdufan

Congratulations to Bad Snooker Player who is the first player through to the semi-finals. He completed the highest break of the tournament so far, a 33.

Do you remember much about the break, Baddy?

Judders, looks like you were a bit below your best. You did manage some good 10+ breaks though. How did it go?

Postby Juddernaut88

chengdufan wrote:Congratulations to Bad Snooker Player who is the first player through to the semi-finals. He completed the highest break of the tournament so far, a 33.

Judders, looks like you were a bit below your best. You did manage some good 10+ breaks though. How did it go?

It was a bad day in the office. I was playing against a player who is pretty good and slightly above my level he beat me 5-1, I was trying to push the boat out more and that just didn't really work at all for me and it made me worse if anything so I will revert back to my usual playing style.

Postby Iranu

I’ve received Acesinc’s score but my inbox was full so I’m still waiting for Chengdu’s to come through.

Chengdu do you want to post your score here and I’ll post Aces’? Then I can confirm yours when the PM comes through.

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:I got 8

I was actually very pleased with how I played. Both me and my playing partner played some of the best stuff we've ever played together.
In the frame I counted, I was playing excellent safety but fluffed 3 good chances. I made some excellent mid to long range pots but couldn't make the colour. My partner played the best I've ever seen him play.

Postby Iranu

acesinc wrote: Hi Iranu,

Thanks for taking this. I picked the WRONG frame! Oh, well, high break of 8. Fouled the second Red with a couple more Reds open and I was deflated. Never got back in it, trouble with every colour. I also got a Red-Blue for 6 if there needs to be a tie break and I did lose the frame if that is the tie break.

Good luck to Chengdufan!

Don (ACESInc)

Postby chengdufan

The tie break is the total points you scored in the frame. I lost the frame 53-63, so 53 for me.

Postby acesinc

chengdufan wrote:The tie break is the total points you scored in the frame. I lost the frame 53-63, so 53 for me.

Congratulations, Chengdufan! You are through. I had a rough go all night but that particular frame I did nearly nothing right. I don't know my exact final score, but it was only 30 something. The boy played fantastic all night, most consistent I think I have ever seen. Couple 20's for him and he thumped me 7-2 with only a 14 point headstart these days.

Keep up the good work!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

chengdufan wrote:Congratulations to Bad Snooker Player who is the first player through to the semi-finals. He completed the highest break of the tournament so far, a 33.

Cheers CDF.

I do not remember the break itself in much detail but I recall that having nominated frame 2, I was on the lookout for any chance for a break. Typically the frame went scrappy and we were at 33-18 when I got a chance and made 33. It was last few reds I think and perhaps yellow, green..

TBH I did not think 33 would be enough to go through so commiserations to JN

Postby chengdufan

acesinc wrote:
chengdufan wrote:The tie break is the total points you scored in the frame. I lost the frame 53-63, so 53 for me.

Congratulations, Chengdufan! You are through. I had a rough go all night but that particular frame I did nearly nothing right. I don't know my exact final score, but it was only 30 something. The boy played fantastic all night, most consistent I think I have ever seen. Couple 20's for him and he thumped me 7-2 with only a 14 point headstart these days.

Keep up the good work!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :pompom:

Well, that was unexpected, and I must say I am delighted!

Postby chengdufan

Tournament Summary:

1st round:
Running Side 18-17 Pink Ball
Johnny Bravo 28-8 Prop

Quarter Finals:
Running Side v Deewee
Johnny Bravo v Rekoons
AcesInc (30-odd) 8-8 (53) Chengdufan

Semi Finals:
Running Side/Deewee v Badsnookerplayer
Johnny Bravo/Rekoons v Chengdufan

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:Quarter Finals:
Johnny Bravo v Rekoons

Come on Rekoons! You can do it!

Postby rekoons

I will be able to play next tuesday at the latest.

I don´t have acces to a 10 foot table though!

Postby Johnny Bravo

chengdufan wrote:Competition status update

Quarter Finals

Running Side v Deewee - Running Side has played. He will get a bye if Deewee doesn't log in by Saturday
Johnny Bravo v Rekoons Neither has played yet.
AcesInc v Chengdufan I have played and sent my score to Iranu.

I'm gonna play tommorow.

Postby chengdufan

Tournament Summary:

1st round:
Johnny Bravo 28-8 Prop

Quarter Finals:
Johnny Bravo v Rekoons

Semi Finals:
Running Side v Badsnookerplayer
Johnny Bravo/Rekoons v Chengdufan

Deewee hasn't logged in unfortunately, so he is out. I've made the Running Side Pink Ball match a quarter final.

We're waiting for Rekoons' and Badsnookerplayer's scores at tge moment. Mine, Running Side's and Johnny Bravo's are in.

Postby chengdufan

Johnny Bravo wrote:So I've played today, mostly pool.
Also played 2 games of snooker at the end, one for warm up and one for this championship.
Top break was only 24 in this second game, the balls were very scrappy.

rekoons wrote:As promised here's my shoot out break: 16.
Got lucky in that I was rubbish all night, but made the 16 in the nominated frame.
2 blacks and a missed sitter of a red :sad:

QF
Johnny Bravo 24-16 Rekoons

Postby chengdufan

Well done to Johnny Bravo and Rekoons for your cracking breaks!
And big congratulations to JB, who progresses to the semi-final.

Johnny, please send your next break score to Iranu.

Postby chengdufan

Tournament Summary:

1st round:
Johnny Bravo 28-8 Prop

Quarter Finals:
Johnny Bravo 24-16 Rekoons

Semi Finals:
Running Side v Badsnookerplayer
Johnny Bravo v Chengdufan

We're waiting for Johnny Bravo and Badsnookerplayer's scores at the moment. Mine and Running Side's are in.

Postby chengdufan

I played the work pool competition final on Sunday. I won 7-0!! I'm playing very well at the moment.

Postby chengdufan

Running side wrote:Small balls, big pockets.

This is not the place to share your crotch measurements.

Postby chengdufan

Running side wrote:Match scores
F1 71 19 ( 18 break)
F2 47 65 (12)
F3 93 10 (27)
F4 26 60 (9)
F5 98 8 (34)
F6 55 40 (17)
F7 64 50 (12)
F8 41 70 (9)
F9 83 10 (39)
Thanks for running comp,really pleased how I played felt good from first pot.

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hi CDF,

I had 24 in my frame today. Lost the frame 59 39

Running Side 12-24 Badsnookerplayer

Postby chengdufan

Congratulations to Badsnookerplayer who progresses to the final! Well done.

Commiserations to Running Side. A cracking set of scores though with a couple of 30+ breaks in the set. You're going to be a contender for titles this season I think.