Post a reply

Re: 2021/22 Snooker Island World Cup

Postby RunningSide

chengdufan wrote:
RunningSide wrote:More than happy to forfeit my place

Not going to happen. How's the shoulder?

RunningSide wrote:hope my lack of posts recently didn't affect any of your decisions, I decided to say nothing incase it maybe aggravated the situation

Completely understand. Didn't expect you to post.

Seen GP this afternoon ,10minutes examination, nothing conclusive, might be muscle or nerve damage .Take painkillers and don't put arm over shoulder high. Not impressed with Doc,basically told me you'll know when it's better,asked if I'll be able to play piano when recovered, definitely says he,left office with great I couldn't play before,wonder if he's blinked yet.

Postby RunningSide

Played yesterday, painful shoulder hidded play, managed breaks of 10 8 12 16 7.please except this as my effort ,not playing for a while until shoulder better.

Postby Prop

RS, has your GP not even referred you for a scan / xray?!

If not, please go back and insist you get it done. Sounds a lot like they’ve fobbed you off, and from what you’re saying you’ve definitely done some damage.

Unfortunately we’ve got to ask three times to get what our taxes pay for with the NHS. Probably moreso right now with all the covid stuff going on. When I did my shoulder in I got turned away by my hospital with no scan, a week later had to beg my GP to refer me, then a week after that - at a completely different hospital - finally got scanned and discovered I had indeed broken the socket (hence it disclocating multiple times a day).

You’ve got to push them!

Postby Prop

BTW that was Rotherham hospital where they were really good. Not far off your neck of the woods.

Postby RunningSide

Appreciate advice Prop,my mum died in Rotherham hospital in very distressing events,don't feel like dragging up bad memories. What I will say most people would have complained and taken there lack of care to court.Regarding shoulder injury doc said Sheffield hospitals running a 6 month backlog and because l am still able to work he reckons it will fix itself.

Postby Prop

RunningSide wrote:Appreciate advice Prop,my mum died in Rotherham hospital in very distressing events,don't feel like dragging up bad memories. What I will say most people would have complained and taken there lack of care to court.Regarding shoulder injury doc said Sheffield hospitals running a 6 month backlog and because l am still able to work he reckons it will fix itself.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Take it steady. Hopefully the doc is right.

Postby RunningSide

No deal,it's yours or reluctantly share,if photo required holding trophy can I use my mouth instead or arm.