Postby Witz78

UPDATE

Week 1 - WON 3-0
Week 2 - LOST 1-2
Week 3 - LOST 1-2
Week 4 - WON 2-1
Week 5 - LOST 1-2
Week 6 - LOST 1-2

A mixed bag so far, luckily the league tables based on frames won and not matches so im sitting on 9 points/18 rather than 2 wins out of 6 games.

Last 2 matches have been setbacks as i realistically targetted 5/6 knowing my opponents standards but a few peices of bad luck saw me lose both matches.

Only positive to date is that ive at least picked up 1/3 frames at worst in every match, no-ones been able to whitewash me. And on 9/18 i should be mid table.

Another 9 games to go so plenty of time to rise up the league, albeit any hopes of a title challenge are probably already over unless i hit some major form.

Playing my next match at 3pm today so a 3-0 win is really what i need to get me back on track.

Re: Witz78's snooker results - season 2010/11

Postby randam05

Doing pretty well witz. Obviously if its 2-1 every time it can go either way in the decider, especially in league matches. Hope to see you hit some form, good luck later today mate, hope to see a win..post on here later yes?

enjoy.

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Doing pretty well witz. Obviously if its 2-1 every time it can go either way in the decider, especially in league matches. Hope to see you hit some form, good luck later today mate, hope to see a win..post on here later yes?

enjoy.

My kinda game, a total potting shoot-out with little safety. 3 frames took about 40 minutes, won the frst easily with breaks of 26 and 22 helping me. Frame 2 i got too slack and gifted him some easy chances which he took. Decider was kinda cagier but pretty quick still and i nicked it on the black, makes a change after losing my previous 2 matches on the final black.

My positive approach helped my potting and i didnt dwell on shots, literally got down and hut them straight away, im always far better doing that.

So that takes me onto 11 points from 7 games or 11/21, so at least ive a slightly better than 50% win ratio which should be a platform to build a top 4 push with 8 games to go.

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Very well done witz, keep it up <ok>

Cheers mate, its a dissapointing return to date however.

Week 2 - should have won 2-1 instead of losing 1-2
Week 4 - ok, i stole that against a very good player by adopting Ebdon tactics rofl a 1-2 defeat woulda been fairer
Week 5 - I shoulda won 3-0 instead of losing 1-2, blew 2 decent leads to lose both frames on the black with luck not on my side.
Week 6 - Should definetly won 2-1 instead of 1-2 loss.

So thats 3 frames better off i should be, realistically 14/21 instead of 11.

Nevermind, at least im not propping up the table

Postby Witz78

Maui wrote:Well done Witz, back on track. How far off the top of the table are you? What happens if you achieve the top 4 finish you mentioned?

cheers Maui

The league table will be in the local rag on Wednesday so ill find out then where i am, id expect im sitting around 6th or 7th the now with 11/21 points, 16 players in the league so the top end of the mid table at best, would guess the leader might only have 16 or 17 points as ive heard that a lot of people have been beating each other, no-one is totally dominating, so who knows with 8 games to go it might not be impossible.

Stepping up my practice too in between games as i was very dissapointed with my return of 4 frames from my last 3 games, when id targetted 6 as a very minimum but with serious thoughts of getting 8 frames out of 9.

The league splits into 2 after Xmas once everyone has played everyone once. The top 8 and a bottom 8 go into seperate leagues and play each other once more in the New Year taking us through to around March when the league ends. If you finish in the top 8 you are guaranteed 8th place, regardless of whether you win anymore matches, but im not in it just to make up numbers. Top 4 was my realistic target and anything less than that and i will be dissapointed.

Have a few games versus the leaders in the next few weeks which i think wil suit me better as i will raise my game and cut out the slackness and complacency.

Striking the ball as well as ever in practice, had a 94 the other day albeit this was from the classic red line up down the table from black spot to blue spot.

So in effect you play 22 league games over the season, 15 pre-split, 7 post split.

Postby gallantrabbit

Witz your thread got me thinking mate. I used to buzz off playing league snooker. It was one frame on some of the tightest most threadbare tables about, but I used to love it. my best memories are from frames I won to nil, not many I admit, but I loved the buzz about being in a team and meeting the snooker faces. Great time. And a damn good drink to boot :D

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:Witz your thread got me thinking mate. I used to buzz off playing league snooker. It was one frame on some of the tightest most threadbare tables about, but I used to love it. my best memories are from frames I won to nil, not many I admit, but I loved the buzz about being in a team and meeting the snooker faces. Great time. And a damn good drink to boot :D

speaking of which im just off out for the pool league and a couple of shandies :john:

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:Couple of shandies..Yeah I know the score Witz. Pool league - 9 geezers in a team - in a round, Monday/Tuesday night set the week up lovely ;)

9 geezers?

more like 9 pints <doh> gonna regret this at half 6 when my alarm goes off :scared:

Most bad blooded game in 3 years, posionous atmosphere and squabbles from the off. :bang2:

Yours truly was the hero of the hour winning his singles and both doubles matches to seal a 6-4 triumph including a ridiculous 5 colour and black clearance in the 10th frame :bowdown: :rude:

Postby Witz78

heading off early tomorrow to play a mate in a best of 13 challenge. 200 quid each on the table plus the loser pays for the table time. Bring it on.

I owe him one after he ground me down and pipped me 10-8 last month.

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:heading off early tomorrow to play a mate in a best of 13 challenge. 200 quid each on the table plus the loser pays for the table time. Bring it on.

I owe him one after he ground me down and pipped me 10-8 last month.

disastrous game yesterday, an all time low performance from me and my mate wasnt much better, a suspect table didnt help matters but we were both low on confidence and failing to score heavy when among the balls so it turned into a right slog and he won by a flattering scoreline of 7-3 though admittedly he had luck and the run of the balls, though i didnt keep my composure very well slamming the table, throwing chalk about, and threatening to snap my cue. A bad day at the office and another 3 figure sum handed over to my mate. <doh>

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Oh witz! poor you..

I would love the chance to play someone in a best of something mini tournament for money!

just to rub it in i had taken my old cue with me and not my Parris cos on the table beside me the guy was saying to his mate that he was willing to pay up to 250quid for a Parris. Could have recouped some of my cash back off that ill advised purchase <doh>

Aye its great the money matches and tournaments i play, at least one a month, more in the winter. Great adrenalin rush and always a drama filled day guaranteed.

Postby Witz78

my latest snooker league update

Week / Result
1 / WON 3-0
2 / LOST 1-2
3/ LOST 1-2
4/ WON 2-1
5/ LOST 1-2
6/ LOST 1-2
7/ WON 2-1
8/ LOST 0-3
9/ WON 2-1
10/ LOST 1-2
11/ WON 3-0

so with frames counting as points in the league positions, im sitting on 17 points out of a possible 33. Not brilliant but im not disgracing myself. 4 games to go to the mid season split and i reckon only another 3 points out of my last 12 will be enough to assure me of a top 8 place. Havent seen a league table in weeks mind you so im just guessing.

As for my other baize action, played in a 3 man round robin tournament last Saturday and narrowly came 2nd with 4 wins to 5 that the first placed guy had.

Playing a singles match tomorrow, TBC but probably will be just a best of 13.

Postby Roland

<laugh>

takes me back to analysing my own season results. I'd have the fixtures on a piece of paper and add the W or L by each as the season went on and predicting the handicap for next season. Some people deliberately lost their last few matches if they were dead games to get their handicap up, but for me it was all about status getting as low negative as you could get (it went down 1 point for each game won and up 1 for each lost). I think I was at -24ish when I last played but it got annoying playing bandit high handicappers and giving away over 40 points.

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:<laugh>

takes me back to analysing my own season results. I'd have the fixtures on a piece of paper and add the W or L by each as the season went on and predicting the handicap for next season. Some people deliberately lost their last few matches if they were dead games to get their handicap up, but for me it was all about status getting as low negative as you could get (it went down 1 point for each game won and up 1 for each lost). I think I was at -24ish when I last played but it got annoying playing bandit high handicappers and giving away over 40 points.

Sounds farmiliar to me sonny..people do that in our league..i just aim to get as low as possible.

Im on 12 now..i would like and think it will stay around this.

Postby Witz78

simplysnooker wrote:Have you been inspired by Ronnie to come out of retirement yet Witz?

I will be willing to take on all comers at pool for any price in the Old Monk and Graduate next week <ok>

And ill gladly send that Wizard of Glos packing with another 6-0 trouncing again this year :wave: