Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby chengdufan

A former world champion who is not English, is older than Higgins and is still playing :chin:

Postby chengdufan

Zhou Yuelong is our current watache thread player.
Which city is he from?

Postby Juddernaut88

Yushan? think that was the name of the city that hosted the world open in 2019 so that's my ambitious guess.

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Yushan? think that was the name of the city that hosted the world open in 2019 so that's my ambitious guess.

I like your thinking. Yushan, which means Jade Hill, is a small town in Hunan province. Zhou Yuelong is from a big city though.

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:Chongqing

Chongqing is supposedly the largest city in the world, with a population of 30 million. This 30 million comprises a number of cities though in reality, over the area the size of Wales and with swathes of countryside in between.
Chongqing is Xiao Guodong's hometown, but not Zhou Yuelong's

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:chengdu innit?

It is!
And as you may have guessed, it's my favourite place. I lived there for 14 years. I have since moved to Chongqing though :-(

Postby HappyCamper

chengdu is the capital of sichuan; what is the name given to a signature dish of the province, consisting of bean curd, fermented black beans and chilli bean paste, and ground beef?

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:chengdu is the capital of sichuan; what is the name given to a signature dish of the province, consisting of bean curd, fermented black beans and chilli bean paste, and ground beef?

You know you're on the snooker quiz, right?
麻婆豆腐

Postby HappyCamper

chengdufan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:chengdu is the capital of sichuan; what is the name given to a signature dish of the province, consisting of bean curd, fermented black beans and chilli bean paste, and ground beef?

You know you're on the snooker quiz, right?
麻婆豆腐

correct! or mapo tofu in english. which, much like snooker, is very good,

Postby chengdufan

There's been one non-Chinese professional with the word Long in his name. Can you name him? (or another I haven't thought of)

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I will guess Longford is his surename?

Afraid not :-(

Postby Juddernaut88

That was certainly pushing the boat out! I missed the pot by a mile!

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:That was certainly pushing the boat out! I missed the pot by a mile!

Missed by a LONG way

Postby Iranu

Something Furlong?

Steve Furlong <laugh>

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Steve Longworth

Thought you might get this one SnookerEd25 :-D <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Steve Longworth actually made the last 16 at the Crucible once, in 1987; who was the seed hebeat in the 1st round?

Postby chengdufan

He was a top 32 player for 3 years in the late 80s

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Steve Longworth actually made the last 16 at the Crucible once, in 1987; who was the seed hebeat in the 1st round?

Silvino?

Postby Iranu

Holy rubbish I can’t believe I was right with Steve!

Postby SnookerEd25

No correct answers so far...

Postby Juddernaut88

Ed remember your turn on the identify the match quiz as well <ok>