Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby SnookerEd25

‘Waffling on’? I take umbrage with that >-(

Postby Empire State Human

On the contrary, I read Ed's excellent post very carefully, and my concentration didn't wander at all. Although I must say I'm surprised at Stoke City having Hitler in their team, particularly in the 1980s, by which time they should've known better.

Postby chengdufan

Empire State Human wrote:On the contrary, I read Ed's excellent post very carefully, and my concentration didn't wander at all. Although I must say I'm surprised at Stoke City having Hitler in their team, particularly in the 1980s, by which time they should've known better.

Agreed. It was also fascinating to learn that Churchill fathered a modern day England right-winger. Who knew?
Last edited by chengdufan on 10 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Empire State Human wrote:On the contrary, I read Ed's excellent post very carefully, and my concentration didn't wander at all. Although I must say I'm surprised at Stoke City having Hitler in their team, particularly in the 1980s, by which time they should've known better.

He played on the Reich Wing

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:

Oh very good.

:chuckle:

New question :

If ChengduFan, HendryFan, McManusFan & SnookerFan came to a four way stop; who would have right of way?

(Wittiest answer before the deadline wins)

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Oh very good.

:chuckle:

New question :

If ChengduFan, HendryFan, McManusFan & SnookerFan came to a four way stop; who would have right of way?

(Wittiest answer before the deadline wins)

Whoever the rubbish hits first

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Any update on if we have a winner?

Yes - ESH takes it with his nice play on words <ok>

The longest running snooker competition is the English Amateur Championship, first held in 1916 - eleven years before the first Professional Snooker Championship in 1927.

Between 1916-1924, what was the highest break in this competition?

(Closest guess wins. In the event of a tie, I will spin a coin to determine the winner.)

SnookerEd is the winner of this keenly fought contest.

There's a little uncertainty about the correct figure. Clive Everton's Embassy Book of World Snooker has it at 27, although someone on Wikipedia has found a newspaper article which says that 30 from the 1916 competition was the frontrunner. I'd go with the newspaper article on this one, as it is unlikely that Clive had access to it.

The record stuck until the 1925 tournament, when W L Crompton of Blackpool struck with the colossal improvement of 62, more than doubling the previous best, and his name went down in history. <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Name the four players who have scored a 146 break at the Crucible

Postby Iranu

Are Higgins (J) and Allen two of them?

Postby Juddernaut88

John Higgins, Mark Allen, Neil Robertson and Peter Ebdon?

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Are Higgins (J) and Allen two of them?

Indeed they are. You are 50% of the way there <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:John Higgins, Mark Allen, Neil Robertson and Peter Ebdon?

Neither Robbo nor Ebbo are the other 50% :sad: (Or, indeed, 25%) (each)

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:If ChengduFan, HendryFan, McManusFan & SnookerFan came to a four way stop; who would have right of way?

Whoever blows the most hot air

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:If ChengduFan, HendryFan, McManusFan & SnookerFan came to a four way stop; who would have right of way?

Whoever blows the most hot air

Null and void. But if it were on that criteria, SnookerFan would win hands down :shrug:

Postby Juddernaut88

John Higgins, Mark Allen, Ding Junhui and Ronnie O'Sullivan?

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:John Higgins, Mark Allen, Ding Junhui and Ronnie O'Sullivan?

You are now up to 3 of the 4 players required; Ding is the odd man out.

Postby Juddernaut88

John Higgins, Mark Allen, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Williams?

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:John Higgins, Mark Allen, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Williams?

Mark Williams is not the missing link :sad:

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:John Higgins, Mark Allen, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Williams?

Mark Williams is not the missing link :sad:

no that's sasquatch innit.