Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby Dan-cat

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:In Jimmy White’s 1988 non-fiction book ‘Jimmy White's Snooker Masterclass’ what does he postulate about transferred side?

He believes you can get the object ball spinning a little from the transferred side of the cue ball.

Yes. Over to you Holden :)

I loved this book. The 15 year old me learnt a lot of cute things which I took the pool and snooker table. In particular as I recall the squeeze plant (when two balls are touching and not quite in line to the pocket, you hit it the opposite side to which you would expect) and also how to use the corner pocket jaws to get out of snookers, sending the ball at a right angle. I remember winning a pool match using this shot and my opponent thought it was a fluke and was snake hissed off! Numpty.

This book is worth digging out. Ace diagrams

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm sorry, forget my previous question. I just found out it doesn't make sense. My bad.

I will think of another question.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Which two players were in a bar fight, where one player knocked out the other with one punch only to kick him in the balls later when they were about to shake hands?

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:In which year was the respotted black introduced in order to decide tied frames?

Hum great question...

1975?

I know that Masters Final ended that way.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:In which year was the respotted black introduced in order to decide tied frames?

Hum great question...

1975?
It was earlier than 1975 Andre.

I know that Masters Final ended that way.

Postby Andre147

It was invented before Joe Davis won the first Worlds?

That surprises me.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:It was invented before Joe Davis won the first Worlds?

That surprises me.

Why does it surprise you? Snooker existed long before Joe Davis came along.