Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Steve Davis? Was the score 5-0

5-0 is right, but it wasnae Davis.

Postby Prop

Not Ebdon. I wouldn’t describe Ebdon as a giant of the game. There’s a clue in the question…

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:Stephen Lee

No <laugh>

Postby Prop

He WHITEWASHED this giant of the game.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:JIMMY

Uh, White

We got there eventually <ok>

Postby Iranu

What was Jimmy White’s first ranking final?

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:Grand Prix?

A former name of this tournament

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Jimmy White isn't a giant in the game lol

A giant OF the game. Always was, always will be. I think you’re the only person on this forum that fails to recognise just how big he was and the scale of his legacy.

It’s odd, Judders. You celebrate when he loses. But you never actually explain why you detest him so much. You just say “oh I’ve never really liked him”. Maybe if you did enlighten us we could feel a little less bemused by your mysterious saltiness :shrug:

Postby SnookerEd25

Judders loves him really, he just won't admit it to himself - yet.

Everybody loves Jimmy - a giant of the game and no mistake <ok>

Postby Iranu

More so than Judd

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:

A giant OF the game. Always was, always will be. I think you’re the only person on this forum that fails to recognise just how big he was and the scale of his legacy.

It’s odd, Judders. You celebrate when he loses. But you never actually explain why you detest him so much. You just say “oh I’ve never really liked him”. Maybe if you did enlighten us we could feel a little less bemused by your mysterious saltiness :shrug:

I never really liked players that were big rivals of Stephen Hendry. Jimmy being a prime example. Everyone has different opinions. Plenty of users on here don't like Judd Trump, I don't really question it, they are entitled to their opinion. It doesn't really bother me that much nowadays.
I guess with Snooker I've never really followed the crowd. During my childhood Jimmy was the fan favourite. I was probably 4 when I first watched Snooker. I loved Stephen Hendry (thanks to my dad) and supported him. Ronnie has pretty much been a fan favourite for over 20 years, he is another player I have never liked either and that is just my personal preference.

People can call me weird if they like for my personal views but at the end of the day everyone is different and these are personal opinions and preferences.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:Anyway is Rothams Grand Prix correct?

No

Postby Iranu

Not The Classic which was Jimmy’s first ranking victory

Postby SnookerEd25

Professional Players Tournament, 1982; lost to Reardon.

Postby Iranu

Ed!

As in, “this guy had a big bucking Snooker ‘ead!”

Correct!

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Prop wrote:

I never really liked players that were big rivals of Stephen Hendry. Jimmy being a prime example. Everyone has different opinions. Plenty of users on here don't like Judd Trump, I don't really question it, they are entitled to their opinion. It doesn't really bother me that much nowadays.
I guess with Snooker I've never really followed the crowd. During my childhood Jimmy was the fan favourite. I was probably 4 when I first watched Snooker. I loved Stephen Hendry (thanks to my dad) and supported him. Ronnie has pretty much been a fan favourite for over 20 years, he is another player I have never liked either and that is just my personal preference.

People can call me weird if they like for my personal views but at the end of the day everyone is different and these are personal opinions and preferences.

I guess the point I was making is that celebrating when a non-favoured player loses is going a bit further than simply not reacting at all when a non-favoured player loses.

Of course we all have favourites, but I’m pretty sure the majority of us will still congratulate a fan or follower of any player they might not personally favour. As an example, some of us here aren’t huge Judd fans, but we still congratulate you on his wins. It’s in the nature of the forum. I might be wrong - and correct me if I am - but I don’t remember anyone celebrating any of Judd’s losses. You’d find that a bit mean, wouldn’t you? And I do remember times when you’ve voiced frustration at the lack of congratulation across the forum for some of Judd’s wins.

So this is why I asked the question. It seems more than just a case of Jimmy not being a favourite of yours. If it’s wrong for someone not to congratulate a player who isn’t their favourite, surely celebrating a player’s loss is magnitudes worse.

Postby Prop

And just to note, nobody’s calling you weird for liking or disliking particular players. I called you a weirdo (and please don’t take that personally, apologies if you did) for celebrating a player’s loss.

Postby Juddernaut88

There have been a few users that have celebrated Judd Trump defeats before.

Postby SnookerEd25

Getting a bit off topic here… Let’s get back to the quiz. <ok>