Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby SnookerEd25

Sean ‘tell us a’ Storey?

Postby Raphael98

Neither of those unfourtanetely. However, I will explain that the answer is a player who last played in the 2010s.

Postby chengdufan

Raphael98 wrote:Apologies for taking too long to make a question! Here is one:

At the 3rd event of the 1998 UK Tour, which former professional, who had an unique feat of its own in the last decade, ended up winning this tournament?

Adrian Gunnell?

Postby Raphael98

Neither of those are correct, unfourtanetely. The player in particular played in 3 different periods on the Main Tour, all of those being at least 5 years each.

Postby SnookerEd25

Somebody like Jamie Burnett? :chin:

Postby chengdufan

Peter Lines?
The unique event could be playing against his son

Postby SnookerEd25

Good thinking that ChengduFan <ok>

Postby Raphael98

Juddernaut88 wrote:So any correct answers yet?

Not yet, but I will give another clue: this player player in the Crucible in the late 1990s.

Postby chengdufan

Raphael98 wrote:Neither of those are correct, unfourtanetely. The player in particular played in 3 different periods on the Main Tour, all of those being at least 5 years each.

Does this include dropping off and regaining the tour place immediately as 2 separate spells?

Postby Raphael98

Juddernaut88 wrote:Mike Dunn?

Not yet, the player in question stopped playing in the Main Tour a few years earlier.

Postby SnookerEd25

This question is harder than the Civil Service exam :grrr:

I'll try Shailesh 'Joe' Jogia :chin:

Postby chengdufan

I'll try Simon Bedford, the unique event being that he was the only player to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the 2012-13 season.

Postby Juddernaut88

Lee Walker? although don't think he has retired, it is more of a hit and hope.

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Lee Walker? although don't think he has retired, it is more of a hit and hope.

If this goes in, I'll certainly consider it having been disrespectful to the game of snooker

Postby chengdufan

*unless it somehow leaves me an easy answer over the pocket

Postby Juddernaut88

chengdufan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Lee Walker? although don't think he has retired, it is more of a hit and hope.

If this goes in, I'll certainly consider it having been disrespectful to the game of snooker

rofl

Postby Raphael98

chengdufan wrote:I'll try Simon Bedford, the unique event being that he was the only player to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the 2012-13 season.

Yes!!! Finally someone got it! Your turn, Chengdufan.

Postby Raphael98

SnookerEd25 wrote:This question is harder than the Civil Service exam :grrr:

I'll try Shailesh 'Joe' Jogia :chin:

Good try, but it was not. Although the Civil Service exam part made me laugh :)

Postby Raphael98

chengdufan wrote:

That was funny, but Juddernaut's answer was also incorrect, although Simon Bedford is correct.

Postby chengdufan

Raphael98 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:I'll try Simon Bedford, the unique event being that he was the only player to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the 2012-13 season.

Yes!!! Finally someone got it! Your turn, Chengdufan.

:shock:

Postby chengdufan

After which event did Judd Trump go to number 1 in the official world rankings for the first time?