5 Jimmy White
6 John Parrott
7 Willie Thorne
8 Mark Williams
9 Neil Robertson
10 Ding Junhui

snooker players

:stupid:

It's a list of snooker players in descending order of times they achieved a particular feat.

What is this achievement?

Playing snooker?

:banghead:

no

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby rekoons

Time for a clue:

Added the number of times they did it / won it.

1 Stephen Hendry - 45
2 Ronnie O'Sullivan - 42
3 John Higgins - 31
4 Steve Davis - 23
5 Jimmy White - 20
6 John Parrott - 16
7 Willie Thorne - 15
8 Mark Williams - 12
9 Neil Robertson - 11
10 Ding Junhui - 10

Postby HappyCamper

rekoons wrote:What is big break?

Snooker themed game show from the nineties. Members of the public would answer trivia questions, and a pro player would pot balls to win prizes. Think it had been cancelled by the time Ding Junhui was on the scene mind.

Virgo was co-host and did trick shots.

Postby rekoons

Empire State Human wrote:won a tournament's high break prize?

Correct!

More precise in ranking tournaments + invitationals (to include the masters, and a few older player names as well!)

I thought willie Thorne an jimmy would be an indication.

Postby rekoons

HappyCamper wrote:I was close!

Yes you were within miles of the correct answer :)

Postby Empire State Human

At first I was thinking quarter finals in triple crown events, but yeah, Willie Thorne was the giveaway.

Question:

In 1999 Karl Payne, a former top 64 player, performed on the hit Saturday night show 'Stars in Their Eyes' - a show where you sing and dress as a famous popstar you're meant to resemble, to the bemusement of millions of eldery grannies who are waiting for Blind Date/Coronation Street to come on.

Which teen heartthrob did Karl choose to perform as?

Postby Alex0paul

Chesney Hawks

Postby Ck147

Rick Astley?

Postby Empire State Human

Ck147 wrote:Rick Astley?

Well done.

Performing everyone's karaoke favourite, "Hold Me in Your Arms".

Much like his snooker career, he failed to make the final stages.
Last edited by Empire State Human on 18 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Empire State Human wrote:At first I was thinking quarter finals in triple crown events, but yeah, Willie Thorne was the giveaway.

Question:

In 1999 Karl Payne, a former top 64 player, performed on the hit Saturday night show 'Stars in Their Eyes' - a show where you sing and dress as a famous popstar you're meant to resemble, to the bemusement of millions of eldery grannies who are waiting for Blind Date/Coronation Street to come on.

Which teen heartthrob did Karl choose to perform as?

Martina Navratilova?

Postby LDS

rekoons wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:I was close!

Yes you were within miles of the correct answer :)

I did think of Highest Break wins, but the numbers threw me, I never extended my thoughts to expand from one event to all of them :D

Postby Ck147

John Higgins secured his place in the 3rd round of the Northern Ireland Open this evening. At the same event last year, what was he alleged to have chanted while entering the taxi he would later flee from without paying?

Postby McManusFan

Ck147 wrote:John Higgins secured his place in the 3rd round of the Northern Ireland Open this evening. At the same event last year, what was he alleged to have chanted while entering the taxi he would later flee from without paying?

"Up the Celts"

Postby SnookerEd25

Ck147 wrote:John Higgins secured his place in the 3rd round of the Northern Ireland Open this evening. At the same event last year, what was he alleged to have chanted while entering the taxi he would later flee from without paying?

the Lord’s Prayer?

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:

"Up the Celts"

Correct! Over to you

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:YOU'LL GET BUCK ALL FAE ME!

For the full answer.

That happened when he fled the taxi...if he said that while entering the taxi pretty sure the driver would have tossed him out before driving him anywhere...lol

Postby McManusFan

I've got a rather tedious mathematical question. I can only think of three breaks with only one distinct combination of legally potted ball, although there may be more. My question is to name three breaks (not clearances) with only one distinct legal combination of balls (ignoring free balls and simple permutations).

Postby Iranu

Wait 2 and 3 aren’t right

Postby McManusFan

155 doesn't count as it has a free ball. There have been two correct answers so far.

Postby Iranu

Which are correct? I can only think of one way to get a 1, 146 or 147.