Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:Big Break?

Not Big Break.

Judders kind of got one of the remaining two...

Postby SnookerEd25

Not a lot of people know this but when he was a struggling young pro’, he supplemented his snooker income with a small role in Byker Grove; his boyish features allowed him to convincingly portray a teenager despite being well into his twenties.

I think his character was called Deggsy, or something like that. He came to a sticky end when he fell into a vat of treacle during a hallowe’en prank that went wrong.

Postby RunningSide

Going to say false, played Barry in 1982 sheffield league never mentioned batman,definitely got a whiff of tuna,so might have a connection to John.

Postby RunningSide

Apologies, 10 days off the Island ,first post to a old question.

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Not a lot of people know this but when he was a struggling young pro’, he supplemented his snooker income with a small role in Byker Grove; his boyish features allowed him to convincingly portray a teenager despite being well into his twenties.

I think his character was called Deggsy, or something like that. He came to a sticky end when he fell into a vat of treacle during a hallowe’en prank that went wrong.

Sounds plausible, but no one told imdb

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Not a lot of people know this but when he was a struggling young pro’, he supplemented his snooker income with a small role in Byker Grove; his boyish features allowed him to convincingly portray a teenager despite being well into his twenties.

Sounds plausible, but no one told imdb

I think he was down as Graham Bot, for tax purposes…

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Is Dott being a world champion one of them?

The Snooker World Championship is one, yes

Postby Juddernaut88

So we have question of sport, world champion. For the last one I will guess maybe he played another Sport before Snooker like football and wasn't far away from being a pro footballer.
That's an ambitious guess.

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:So we have question of sport, world champion. For the last one I will guess maybe he played another Sport before Snooker like football and wasn't far away from being a pro footballer.
That's an ambitious guess.

A Question of Sport and The World Snooker Championship make for two of the three, so you have the correct answer (I only asked for two).

The third was The UK Championship.

Postby Juddernaut88

Happycamper got the question of sports one and I got the world championship one so maybe a tie break question between us.

Postby Juddernaut88

Can we have a tie break question then between me and happycamper then please?

Postby chengdufan

Unconventional, but why not? Here goes, closest to the correct answer wins:

What was Graeme Dott's ranking following the 1996 World Championship?

(Not a trick question, he was ranked)

Postby chengdufan

Are you going to have a guess HappyCamper?

Postby SnookerEd25

I reckon something like 340

Postby Juddernaut88

HappyCamper wrote:huh, it's not my questions is it?

It's a tiebreak between me and you.

Postby chengdufan

You should go ahead and ask the next question, Judders.

Postby csprince

my bad i didn't know it was a tie break queation :emb:

Postby HappyCamper

csprince wrote:my bad i didn't know it was a tie break queation :emb:

me neither!

Postby chengdufan

In terms of parts of speech, Himanshu Jain's middle name contains a noun, a verb, a preposition and an interjection. What are they?

Postby chengdufan

Prop wrote:Din
Dine
In
Sh

Correct :clap: