Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby Iranu

Right year, wrong match!

Postby Juddernaut88

Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Marco Fu 2003 world championship 1st round, Marco Fu won 10-6 I think,
Ronnie made a maximum.

Postby Juddernaut88

Wahoooo finally got there :happy:
Right speaking of maximum breaks, who did Ronnie O'Sullivan make a maximum break against the 2nd time he achieved this?

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:Mick Price?

Mick Price was his 1st maximum and Graeme Dott was his 3rd.

Postby Juddernaut88

So over 24 hours has passed. Shall I reveal the answer? Or should I give some clues?

Postby SnookerEd25

No, we should get this.

Joe Perry?

Postby Iranu

That was a pure guess rofl

The first three official professional 147 breaks are also three of the most famous: Davis in the Classic, Thorburn in the World Championship, and Kirk Stevens in the Masters.

But who made the 4th officially recognised professional maximum?

Postby Iranu

Correct ESH :hatoff: In the 1987 UK Championship

Postby Empire State Human

Yeah, pity that one wasn't televised. Day before the cameras started rolling, as Willie often remarked.

I don't have a good question, but I know we like Ian Preece, so ...

Q: Which former world champion was defeated 10-0 by Ian Preece in his last match as a professional?

(I believe the said player retired due to poor health part-way through, so it wasn't a complete humiliation.)

Taylor's last match was in the 2000 Scottish Open. He lost 5-3 to Patrick Delsemme of Belgium. (This was played after the World Championship qualifying where he lost 10-8 to Sean Lanigan.)

Postby Ck147

Alex Higgins?

No.

Difficult to say what Higgins' last professional match is. He entered the 'Irish Professional' a few times throughout the 00's, final appearance lost 5-0 to Fergal in 2007. Obviously he was off the tour at that point. Cuetracker also has him as entered into the World Championship in 2003, but he never turned up. A whole lot of walkovers in his final years, where I seem to remember he promised to play but never did.
Last edited by Empire State Human on 24 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.