Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby Alex0paul

Paul Medati

Postby vodkadiet

DeeWee has been timed out; just like a cricketer who hasn't reached the crease on time...

Postby vodkadiet

Who was Stephen Hendry in mid match against when he broke his arm during The World Championships?

Postby vodkadiet

Raphael98 wrote:I think it was Dave Harold.

Correct!

Postby Raphael98

Against which opponent did Robby Foldvari did make his first century (in a professional tournament) and at which tournament? Not needing the year.

Postby vodkadiet

David Greaves; at the UK Championships

Postby vodkadiet

I believe it is The UK Championships in 1984. He beat David Greaves 9-5, and this was the only event which was best of 17.

Postby SteveJJ

vodkadiet wrote:I believe it is The UK Championships in 1984. He beat David Greaves 9-5, and this was the only event which was best of 17.

Cuetracker would back you up if the opponent is right. They played each other twice in their professional careers but the other time was 4 years later at the 1988 classic.

Interestingly enough, Foldvari made one century in that match - both were exactly 100.

Not that interesting unless you like your stats.

Postby vodkadiet

SteveJJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I believe it is The UK Championships in 1984. He beat David Greaves 9-5, and this was the only event which was best of 17.

Cuetracker would back you up if the opponent is right. They played each other twice in their professional careers but the other time was 4 years later at the 1988 classic.

Interestingly enough, Foldvari made one century in that match - both were exactly 100.

Not that interesting unless you like your stats.

Yes, he made a 100 break in the match in 1984. This was his first professional season. It was in the UK Championship.

I saw Foldvari play Peter Francisco in a World Championship final qualifying round, and believe me this guy would tried anyone's patience!