Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby HappyCamper

Juddernaut88 wrote:Lyu Hation (Think that's how you spell his name) lol

no, but not a bad guess. lyu haotian actually won the u21 world championship five years prior in 2012. aged just 15! fell off the tour, and regained his spot as 2017 asian champ.

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:For some reason I want to say Yan Bingtao, and I think I will.

no, yan bingtao did win the 2014 world amateur championship though, at a precious age of 14!

Postby HappyCamper

not wu yize, he lost in the semi final of this year's rival wsf junior open to eventual champion and compatriot gao yang.

i'll give a clue; he is a current pro.

Postby HappyCamper

no, they did play in the final of the asian u21 championship in the same year. yuan winning that one 6-2!

Postby HappyCamper

no. xu si had won the previous year, beating the swiss alexander ursenbacher 6-5.

Postby HappyCamper

chengdufan wrote:Luo Honghao

yahtzee! fan won 7-6.

the virtuoso of nanchang went on to claim the wsf world championship the following to year, to join him on the pro tour.

Postby chengdufan

Mark is the most common given name for a current snooker pro. What is the second most common given name?

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:Mark is the most common given name for a current snooker pro. What is the second most common given name?

But which one? :chin:

Postby McManusFan

Steve/Stephen/Steven? You've got Hendry, Maguire and Mifsud that I can think of.

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:Steve/Stephen/Steven? You've got Hendry, Maguire and Mifsud that I can think of.

don't forget hallworth!

Postby chengdufan

McManusFan wrote:Steve/Stephen/Steven? You've got Hendry, Maguire and Mifsud that I can think of.

Very good shout, 4 is the correct number. But I'm looking for the same spelling for all 4.

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:david?

Grace, Lilley and Gilbert makes 3

Postby McManusFan

chengdufan wrote:

Very good shout, 4 is the correct number. But I'm looking for the same spelling for all 4.

Hmmm, I'll have to give this more thought. John maybe? Higgins, Astley, and two people I've can't remember/don't exist.

Postby chengdufan

McManusFan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Hmmm, I'll have to give this more thought. John maybe? Higgins, Astley, and two people I've can't remember/don't exist.

I think Higgins is the only John on tour. Astley got relegated.

Postby chengdufan

Dan-cat wrote:Macro?

Unfortunately not. The answer isn't Micro either, sadly.

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Jimmy? wild guess that is

Good shout. Robertson, White and Cahill. Only 3 though I think

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:bingtao?

There's only one Bingtao :)
The name we're looking for is an English name. As I'm sure you know, Chinese people having the same given name is very uncommon.

Postby chengdufan

Dan-cat wrote:Dom

There's only Dale.

One of the four we're looking for played yesterday (the 14th)