Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Dominic Dale - 167

Correct Vodka!

In 1999, at the World Championships, playing Nigel Bond in the 15th frame, Dale managed that incredible score. He potted 1 red, then got 44 foul points and made a century break of 122. He won the match 10-6.

Over to you.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Dominic Dale - 167

Correct Vodka!

In 1999, at the World Championships, playing Nigel Bond in the 15th frame, Dale managed that incredible score. He potted 1 red, then got 44 foul points and made a century break of 122. He won the match 10-6.

Over to you.

Cheers Andre!

Who whitewashed Jimmy White 9-0 in The UK Championships?

Postby vodkadiet

mick745 wrote:Gary Wilkinson

Correct! In the 1989 quarters.

Postby Alex0paul

Ali Carter also did in 2004

Postby vodkadiet

Alex0paul wrote:Ali Carter also did in 2004

Yes. You're right!

My mistake. I had forgotten that!

You gave the answer first Alex, so you win.

Your question.

Sorry Mick.

Postby mick745

I protest - the first answer given was Steve Davis who beat Jimmy White 9-0 in the 1981 UK SF

Postby Alex0paul

Lol scandal hits the Never Ending Quiz

Postby Andre147

mick745 wrote:I protest - the first answer given was Steve Davis who beat Jimmy White 9-0 in the 1981 UK SF

Well I named Davis as a wild guess, but since then I did check it and you're right, he was the first player to beat Jimmy by that score, and I was the first to answer.

So in short it should be me who makes the next quizz question.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
mick745 wrote:I protest - the first answer given was Steve Davis who beat Jimmy White 9-0 in the 1981 UK SF

Well I named Davis as a wild guess, but since then I did check it and you're right, he was the first player to beat Jimmy by that score, and I was the first to answer.

So in short it should be me who makes the next quizz question.

You're right Andre!

Maybe the question should have been "Who hasn't beaten Jimmy White 9-0 in The UK Championship!!"

Postby Andre147

I think you just thought he had only been beaten once 9-0, but apparently there have been other instances.

Postby Andre147

In the Open Era, which player had to play the most frames in order to win a World Title? Griffiths and Murphy dont enter this equation by the way.

Postby Cloud Strife

Why do Griffiths and Murphy not enter the equation? Or would it make the answer too obvious if you say?

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Why do Griffiths and Murphy not enter the equation? Or would it make the answer too obvious if you say?

yes that's why lol.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Ray Reardon

Correct!

Over to you