Post a reply

2011 QUIZ OF THE YEAR

Postby PLtheRef

Snooker Quiz of the Year
Welcome to Snooker’s version of the big fat quiz of the year. Once again there are plenty more teasers for you to answer. Once clue – all of these happened in 2011.

1. MASTERS: Name the only seeded survivor from the first round?
2. MASTERS: Who were announced as sponsors shortly before the tournament began?
3. MASTERS: Which former champion did Ding Junhui defeat en route to the title?
4. SHOOTOUT: Which former World Champion did Steve Davis eliminate in the first round?
5. SHOOTOUT: Which player having lost in the first round retired from snooker immediately?
6. SHOOTOUT: Which player withdrew from the 2011 Shootout?
7. SHOOTOUT: True or false; Nigel Bond was the highest ranked player in each of his matches?
8. GERMAN MASTERS: Which Wildcard was the only winner to advance to the first round proper?
9. GERMAN MASTERS: How did the ‘reigning’ German Masters champion fare in 2011?
10. GERMAN MASTERS: Which player reached the semi-finals aided by the withdrawal from the event by John Higgins in the last 16?
11. WELSH OPEN: Who pushed John Higgins to a deciding frame during the Welsh Open?
12. WELSH OPEN: What does the Welsh Open have in common with the 2011 Masters and 2011 UK Championship Final?
13. WELSH OPEN: Two welsh players reached the quarter-finals; whom?
14. CHINA OPEN: Which former World Champion did Trump defeat 6-1 in the Semi-Finals?
15. CHINA OPEN: Who accidentally ‘expired’ his visa through touring the Far East meaning he was forced to withdraw from the tournament?
16. CHINA OPEN: Which country was represented in the last 32 of a ranking event for the first time?
17. SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Name the young 19 year old who defeated Richy McDonald; Stephen Maguire and Greame Dott in reaching the final?
18. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which two players made the highest break of 138?
19. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who did Stephen Hendry defeat in what has been described as ‘the match that prolonged his career’?
20. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who won the first frame of the final session in his first round match to avoid a 10-0 whitewash?
21. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which three players had their maiden victories at the Crucible to advance to the second round for the first time?
22. REFEREES: What relation were the two referees for the Scottish Professional Championships?
23. REFEREES: Who refereed Jimmy White’s 147 attempt at the Paul Hunter Classic?
24. REFEREES: Who refereed his fourth World Final at the Crucible?
25. WORLD CUP: Which country were the defending champions heading into the tournament?
26. WORLD CUP: Which country were seeded for this championship having not appeared in an international tournament since 1996?
27. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Which player’s withdrawal from the Australian Open led to the alteration of the draw negating the need for the two first round matches?
28. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: How many of the 16 seeded players advanced to the last 16 of the tournament?
29. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Who was responsible for ‘ending home interests?’
30. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who became the first Brazilian Master following his whitewash of Graeme Dott in the Final?
31. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Which new member of the top 16 won their first professional title in Manchester in November?
32. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who won the General Cup?
33. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who defeated Steve Davis to win the World Seniors Championship?
34. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who earned their Premier League place through qualifying via the Championship League?
35. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which player called for Barry Hearn’s resignation after his first round victory over Adrian Gunnell?
36. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: How many times had any of the four semi-finalists in York reached this stage before?
37. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: After a relatively straightforward first round for the seeds; how many of the top eight failed to reach the quarter-finals?
38. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which former UK Champion failed to advance from qualifying at Gloucester?
39. BBC TV: Besides defending his Welsh title; John Higgins was the only defending champion to do what in the BBC tournaments?
40. MISCELLANY: How many 147s on the Professional Circuit in 2011?

Re: 2011 QUIZ OF THE YEAR

Postby Steve K

Great questions, some real toughies there!

1. Neil Robertson
2. Ladbrokes Mobile Masters
3. Mark Williams
4. Peter Ebdon
5. Jimmy Michie
6. Liang Wenbo
7. False
8. Daniel Wells
9. John Higgins? Withdrew in second round due to the death of his father.
10. Marco Fu
11. Jack Lisowski
12. The winner came from behind?
13. Matthew Stevens and Ryan Day
14. Shaun Murphy
15. Jimmy White
16. Afghanistan?
17. Anthony McGill
18. Mark King & Stephen Maguire
19. Joe Perry
20. Marcus Campbell
21. Barry Hawkins, Judd Trump & Rory McLeod
22. No idea. Michaela Tabb & Eirian Williams!
23. Ivy Zhu
24. Jan Verhaas
25. Wales?
26. Australia?
27. Ronnie O'Sullivan
28. 7
29. Dominic Dale
30. Shaun Murphy
31. Martin Gould
32. What is the general cup?
33. Darren Morgan
34. Matthew Stevens
35. Mark Allen
36. 1
37. 5
38. Jimmy White
39. Reach the final of another?
40. 9

Challenge anyone to do better without Google!

Postby Monique

as a complement:
32: Stephen Lee (beat Ricky Walden)

also 27: yes it was ROS but the reshuffling of the draw was nly possible because Dott had withdrew as well albeit earlier.

Postby Roland

I would have a go but I don't want to embarrass myself :redneck:

Postby Bourne

1. MASTERS: Name the only seeded survivor from the first round? DING JUN WEE, M'LORD
2. MASTERS: Who were announced as sponsors shortly before the tournament began? LADBROKES MOBILE
3. MASTERS: Which former champion did Ding Junhui defeat en route to the title? Y'KNOW FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN'T REMEMBER, I KNOW HE BEAT DOTT, COPE AND FU BUT CAN'T REMEMBER T'OTHER ONE WHICH MUST BY DEFAULT BE THE RIGHT JUAN BUT I AIN'T GONA parakeet
4. SHOOTOUT: Which former World Champion did Steve Davis eliminate in the first round? KEN 'TREE TREES' DOHERTY
5. SHOOTOUT: Which player having lost in the first round retired from snooker immediately?NOT SURE, WAS THIS AROUND THE TIME PETTMAN AND WALLACE WENT ? I'LL GO PETTMAN
6. SHOOTOUT: Which player withdrew from the 2011 Shootout? SOMETHING IN THE BACK OF ME HEAD IS TELLING ME LIANG QUIT PRE-TOURNAMENT, SO I'LL STICK WITH HIM
7. SHOOTOUT: True or false; Nigel Bond was the highest ranked player in each of his matches? NOT ONLY IS IT FALSE, IT'S BLEEDING HERESY
8. GERMAN MASTERS: Which Wildcard was the only winner to advance to the first round proper? DUNO FOR SURE BUT AGAIN SOMETHING SOMEWHERE IN MY DARK MATTER IS TELLIN' ME BRECEL GOT A WIN HERE
9. GERMAN MASTERS: How did the ‘reigning’ German Masters champion fare in 2011? PROBABLY A TRICK QUESTION AND SOMEONE FROM THE 80S WON THE LAST ONE, SO I'LL GO FOR THE NUGGET, AND LOST R1
10. GERMAN MASTERS: Which player reached the semi-finals aided by the withdrawal from the event by John Higgins in the last 16? I THINK HIGGINS BEAT MILKINS THEN WD/D TO DOTT SO THE WEE MAN
11. WELSH OPEN: Who pushed John Higgins to a deciding frame during the Welsh Open? JACK 'THE BIG (I MADE UP THAT ONE, HE EVEN RETWEETED ME IT' LISOWSKI
12. WELSH OPEN: What does the Welsh Open have in common with the 2011 Masters and 2011 UK Championship Final? ONE OF MY FAVES WON IT. OH HANG ON, THAT'S NOT QUITE RIGHT. OK, IT WAS PROBABLY A FINAL BETWEEN TWO OF THE SAME SEEDED PLAYERS IN TERMS OF NUMBERS SO SUMIT LIKE 5TH SEED BEATING 11TH BUT YOU GET MY DRIFT
13. WELSH OPEN: Two welsh players reached the quarter-finals; whom? CHOKER STEVENS WAS DEFINITELY ONE, TRYNA THINK OF THE OTHER ONE, DON'T THINK IT WAS MJW ... I'LL GO DAY
14. CHINA OPEN: Which former World Champion did Trump defeat 6-1 in the Semi-Finals? SHAUN MURPHY, I REMEMBER GETTING UP AT LIKE 7 O CLOCK TO WATCH THAT, ON A bucking SATURDAY, EUGH
15. CHINA OPEN: Who accidentally ‘expired’ his visa through touring the Far East meaning he was forced to withdraw from the tournament? SO TEMPTED TO SAY RONNIE HERE BUT, OH HANG ON, I JUST DID ! :chuckle: NAH I'M NOT SURE ON THIS ONE, I'LL GO WITH MAGS
16. CHINA OPEN: Which country was represented in the last 32 of a ranking event for the first time? HMM I OUGHTA KNOW THIS, I FOLLOWED THIS TOURNAMENT LIKE A HAWK ... DID ONE OF THOSE MIDDLE EASTERN GUYS MAKE IT ? LET'S GO FOR UAE
17. SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Name the young 19 year old who defeated Richy McDonald; Stephen Maguire and Greame Dott in reaching the final? ANTS MCGILL
18. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which two players made the highest break of 138? NO IDEA, WILL GO ALLEN AND SELBY
19. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who did Stephen Hendry defeat in what has been described as ‘the match that prolonged his career’? MR EYEBROWS HIMSELF, JOE PERRY
20. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who won the first frame of the final session in his first round match to avoid a 10-0 whitewash? MARCUS CAMPBELL AGAINST SHAUN MURPHY OI TINK
21. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which three players had their maiden victories at the Crucible to advance to the second round for the first time? WELL JUDD WAS ONE OBVIOUSLY ... TOTHER TOO, MCLEOD 'N HAWKINS I THINK
22. REFEREES: What relation were the two referees for the Scottish Professional Championships? HUSBAND AND WIFE
23. REFEREES: Who refereed Jimmy White’s 147 attempt at the Paul Hunter Classic? COS IT'S PADS WHO MADE THIS QUIZ I'M TEMPTED TO SAY HIM BUT I DON'T THINK HE'S QUITE AT THAT STANDARD YET, NO OFFENCE 'N ALL THAT, BUT I'LL GO FOR IVY ZHU COS I LIKE HER
24. REFEREES: Who refereed his fourth World Final at the Crucible? JAN THE MAN VERHAAS
25. WORLD CUP: Which country were the defending champions heading into the tournament? GUESSING HERE, SCOTCHLAND
26. WORLD CUP: Which country were seeded for this championship having not appeared in an international tournament since 1996? POLSKA
27. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Which player’s withdrawal from the Australian Open led to the alteration of the draw negating the need for the two first round matches? EASY THIS JUAN, DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO THINK <laugh> RONNIE 'AWOL' O'SULLIVAN
28. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: How many of the 16 seeded players advanced to the last 16 of the tournament? NOT THAT MANY WERE THERE, SUMIT LIKE 9
29. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Who was responsible for ‘ending home interests?’ Dominic :limp: Dale
30. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who became the first Brazilian Master following his whitewash of Graeme Dott in the Final? SHAUN MURPHY
31. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Which new member of the top 16 won their first professional title in Manchester in November? MARTIN 'ABOVE CRITICISM SO I'M GONA BE NICE ABOUT HIM ON THIS OCCASION, GREAT WIN GOULDY, MENTAL TITANRY <ok>' GOULD
32. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who won the General Cup? STEPHEN LEE WEREN'T IT, ONLY COS WILD POSTED ABOUT IT YESTERDAY LOLZ
33. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who defeated Steve Davis to win the World Seniors Championship? DARREN MORGAN
34. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who earned their Premier League place through qualifying via the Championship League? MATTHEW STEVENS, MAN THE BOY WAS ON FIRE AT THIS TIME, SHAME HE WAS SO FATIGUED GOING INTO THE CHINA OPEN THOUGH AND HAD TO BASICALLY DEFAULT HIS R1 MATCH
35. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which player called for Barry Hearn’s resignation after his first round victory over Adrian Gunnell? HAHA MARK ALLEN, SHAME IN A WAY HE HAD TO FACE JUDD IN THE FINAL, I'D HAVE PROBABLY ROOTED FOR HIM AGAINST ANYONE ELSE AND IN TRUTH HE PROBABLY WOULDA BEATEN ANYONE ELSE
36. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: How many times had any of the four semi-finalists in York reached this stage before? PROBABLY EITHER NEVER, ONCE OR TWICE, KNOWING PADS HE LIKES TO TRICK PEEPS WITH HIS QUIZZES SO I'LL GO TWICE
37. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: After a relatively straightforward first round for the seeds; how many of the top eight failed to reach the quarter-finals? FIVE ISH
38. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which former UK Champion failed to advance from qualifying at Gloucester? DID TONY KNOWLES EVER WIN THE UK ? I'LL GO HIM
39. BBC TV: Besides defending his Welsh title; John Higgins was the only defending champion to do what in the BBC tournaments? BEAT JUDD TRUMP
40. MISCELLANY: How many 147s on the Professional Circuit in 2011? HMM THINK BY THE END THERE'S BEEN ABOUT 8 OR 9, SO I'LL GO 10

Postby Roland

Snooker Quiz of the Year
Welcome to Snooker’s version of the big fat quiz of the year. Once again there are plenty more teasers for you to answer. Once clue – all of these happened in 2011.

1. MASTERS: Name the only seeded survivor from the first round? Ding
2. MASTERS: Who were announced as sponsors shortly before the tournament began? Ladbrokes Mobile
3. MASTERS: Which former champion did Ding Junhui defeat en route to the title? Williams
4. SHOOTOUT: Which former World Champion did Steve Davis eliminate in the first round? Higgins
5. SHOOTOUT: Which player having lost in the first round retired from snooker immediately? Michie
6. SHOOTOUT: Which player withdrew from the 2012 Shootout? Ronnie
7. SHOOTOUT: True or false; Nigel Bond was the highest ranked player in each of his matches? True
8. GERMAN MASTERS: Which Wildcard was the only winner to advance to the first round proper? Lisowski
9. GERMAN MASTERS: How did the ‘reigning’ German Masters champion fare in 2011? Crucible semi, Aussie, Shanghai runner up
10. GERMAN MASTERS: Which player reached the semi-finals aided by the withdrawal from the event by John Higgins in the last 16? can't remember
11. WELSH OPEN: Who pushed John Higgins to a deciding frame during the Welsh Open? Lisowski
12. WELSH OPEN: What does the Welsh Open have in common with the 2011 Masters and 2011 UK Championship Final? snooker
13. WELSH OPEN: Two welsh players reached the quarter-finals; whom? Stevens, Williams
14. CHINA OPEN: Which former World Champion did Trump defeat 6-1 in the Semi-Finals? I know this...can't remember... Murphy
15. CHINA OPEN: Who accidentally ‘expired’ his visa through touring the Far East meaning he was forced to withdraw from the tournament? Jimmy White
16. CHINA OPEN: Which country was represented in the last 32 of a ranking event for the first time? Iceland
17. SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Name the young 19 year old who defeated Richy McDonald; Stephen Maguire and Greame Dott in reaching the final? Ants
18. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which two players made the highest break of 138? Selby, Judd
19. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who did Stephen Hendry defeat in what has been described as ‘the match that prolonged his career’? Perry
20. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who won the first frame of the final session in his first round match to avoid a 10-0 whitewash? Jimmy Robbo
21. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which three players had their maiden victories at the Crucible to advance to the second round for the first time? Hawkins, Judd,
22. REFEREES: What relation were the two referees for the Scottish Professional Championships? Sisters
23. REFEREES: Who refereed Jimmy White’s 147 attempt at the Paul Hunter Classic? Ivy Zhu
24. REFEREES: Who refereed his fourth World Final at the Crucible? Eirian
25. WORLD CUP: Which country were the defending champions heading into the tournament? Wales
26. WORLD CUP: Which country were seeded for this championship having not appeared in an international tournament since 1996? China
27. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Which player’s withdrawal from the Australian Open led to the alteration of the draw negating the need for the two first round matches? Dotty
28. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: How many of the 16 seeded players advanced to the last 16 of the tournament? 3
29. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Who was responsible for ‘ending home interests?’ Dominic Dale
30. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who became the first Brazilian Master following his whitewash of Graeme Dott in the Final? Murphy
31. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Which new member of the top 16 won their first professional title in Manchester in November? Gouldy
32. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who won the General Cup? Me
33. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who defeated Steve Davis to win the World Seniors Championship? Darren Morgan
34. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who earned their Premier League place through qualifying via the Championship League? Stevens
35. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which player called for Barry Hearn’s resignation after his first round victory over Adrian Gunnell? Allen
36. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: How many times had any of the four semi-finalists in York reached this stage before? none
37. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: After a relatively straightforward first round for the seeds; how many of the top eight failed to reach the quarter-finals? 4
38. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which former UK Champion failed to advance from qualifying at Gloucester? Doherty
39. BBC TV: Besides defending his Welsh title; John Higgins was the only defending champion to do what in the BBC tournaments? cry
40. MISCELLANY: How many 147s on the Professional Circuit in 2011? 30,221

Postby Bourne

If he gets the point for number 6 then i'm retiring.

Postby Roland

Are you saying my answer is incorrect sir?

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Are you saying my answer is incorrect sir?

MEH

Postby GJ

1. MASTERS: Name the only seeded survivor from the first round? Neil Robertson
2. MASTERS: Who were announced as sponsors shortly before the tournament began? Ladbrokes Mobile
3. MASTERS: Which former champion did Ding Junhui defeat en route to the title? Mark Williams
4. SHOOTOUT: Which former World Champion did Steve Davis eliminate in the first round? Peter Ebdon
5. SHOOTOUT: Which player having lost in the first round retired from snooker immediately? Jimmy Michie
6. SHOOTOUT: Which player withdrew from the 2011 Shootout? Liang Wenbo
7. SHOOTOUT: True or false; Nigel Bond was the highest ranked player in each of his matches? False
8. GERMAN MASTERS: Which Wildcard was the only winner to advance to the first round proper? Daniel Wells
9. GERMAN MASTERS: How did the ‘reigning’ German Masters champion fare in 2011? John Parrot retired ages ago so didnt play 2011 event
10. GERMAN MASTERS: Which player reached the semi-finals aided by the withdrawal from the event by John Higgins in the last 16? Marco Fu
11. WELSH OPEN: Who pushed John Higgins to a deciding frame during the Welsh Open? Jack Lisowski
12. WELSH OPEN: What does the Welsh Open have in common with the 2011 Masters and 2011 UK Championship Final? Winner Came from behind
13. WELSH OPEN: Two welsh players reached the quarter-finals; whom? Matthew Stevens and Mark Williams
14. CHINA OPEN: Which former World Champion did Trump defeat 6-1 in the Semi-Finals? Murphy
15. CHINA OPEN: Who accidentally ‘expired’ his visa through touring the Far East meaning he was forced to withdraw from the tournament? Jimmy White
16. CHINA OPEN: Which country was represented in the last 32 of a ranking event for the first time? Norway
17. SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Name the young 19 year old who defeated Richy McDonald; Stephen Maguire and Greame Dott in reaching the final? Anthony Mcgill
18. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which two players made the highest break of 138? Ding and Mark King
19. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who did Stephen Hendry defeat in what has been described as ‘the match that prolonged his career’? Joe Perry
20. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who won the first frame of the final session in his first round match to avoid a 10-0 whitewash? Marcus Campbell
21. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which three players had their maiden victories at the Crucible to advance to the second round for the first time? Trump , Hawkins and Mcleod
22. REFEREES: What relation were the two referees for the Scottish Professional Championships? 2 sisters
23. REFEREES: Who refereed Jimmy White’s 147 attempt at the Paul Hunter Classic? Ivy Zhu
24. REFEREES: Who refereed his fourth World Final at the Crucible? Jan Verhaas
25. WORLD CUP: Which country were the defending champions heading into the tournament? Scotland
26. WORLD CUP: Which country were seeded for this championship having not appeared in an international tournament since 1996? Australia
27. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Which player’s withdrawal from the Australian Open led to the alteration of the draw negating the need for the two first round matches? Graeme Dott
28. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: How many of the 16 seeded players advanced to the last 16 of the tournament? 6
29. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Who was responsible for ‘ending home interests? Dominic Dale ’
30. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who became the first Brazilian Master following his whitewash of Graeme Dott in the Final? Murphy
31. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Which new member of the top 16 won their first professional title in Manchester in November? Martin Gould
32. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who won the General Cup? Stephen Lee
33. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who defeated Steve Davis to win the World Seniors Championship? Darren Morgan
34. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who earned their Premier League place through qualifying via the Championship League? Matthew Stevens
35. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which player called for Barry Hearn’s resignation after his first round victory over Adrian Gunnell? Mark Allen
36. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: How many times had any of the four semi-finalists in York reached this stage before? Once Mark Allen
37. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: After a relatively straightforward first round for the seeds; how many of the top eight failed to reach the quarter-finals? 4
38. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which former UK Champion failed to advance from qualifying at Gloucester? Jimmy White
39. BBC TV: Besides defending his Welsh title; John Higgins was the only defending champion to do what in the BBC tournaments? BEAT JUDD TRUMP
40. MISCELLANY: How many 147s on the Professional Circuit in 2011? 9

Postby PLtheRef

Bourne wrote:I'm gona resist saying the obvious here haha

I'm as stunned as you are :hmmm:

Postby GJ

:? <cool>

Postby PLtheRef

ANSWERS

1. MASTERS: Name the only seeded survivor from the first round? Neil Robertson
3. MASTERS: Which former champion did Ding Junhui defeat en route to the title? Mark Williams
4. SHOOTOUT: Which former World Champion did Steve Davis eliminate in the first round? Peter Ebdon
5. SHOOTOUT: Which player having lost in the first round retired from snooker immediately? Jimmy Michie
6. SHOOTOUT: Which player withdrew from the 2011 Shootout? Liang Wenbo
7. SHOOTOUT: True or false; Nigel Bond was the highest ranked player in each of his matches? False
8. GERMAN MASTERS: Which Wildcard was the only winner to advance to the first round proper? Daniel Wells
9. GERMAN MASTERS: How did the ‘reigning’ German Masters champion fare in 2011? Didn't take part -- John Parrott is retired
10. GERMAN MASTERS: Which player reached the semi-finals aided by the withdrawal from the event by John Higgins in the last 16? Marco Fu
11. WELSH OPEN: Who pushed John Higgins to a deciding frame during the Welsh Open? Jack Lisowski
12. WELSH OPEN: What does the Welsh Open have in common with the 2011 Masters and 2011 UK Championship Final? Eirian Williams was the referee
13. WELSH OPEN: Two welsh players reached the quarter-finals; whom? Williams and Stevens
14. CHINA OPEN: Which former World Champion did Trump defeat 6-1 in the Semi-Finals? Shaun Murphy
16. CHINA OPEN: Which country was represented in the last 32 of a ranking event for the first time? Norway
17. SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Name the young 19 year old who defeated Richy McDonald; Stephen Maguire and Greame Dott in reaching the final? Anthony McGill
18. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which two players made the highest break of 138? Ding and King
19. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who did Stephen Hendry defeat in what has been described as ‘the match that prolonged his career’? Joe Perry
20. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who won the first frame of the final session in his first round match to avoid a 10-0 whitewash? Marcus Campbell
21. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which three players had their maiden victories at the Crucible to advance to the second round for the first time? Trump, McLeod and Hawkins
22. REFEREES: What relation were the two referees for the Scottish Professional Championships? Father and son - my friend's William and Dylan Craig
23. REFEREES: Who refereed Jimmy White’s 147 attempt at the Paul Hunter Classic? my good friend Jan Meyer from Germany
24. REFEREES: Who refereed his fourth World Final at the Crucible? Jan Verhaas
25. WORLD CUP: Which country were the defending champions heading into the tournament? Scotland
26. WORLD CUP: Which country were seeded for this championship having not appeared in an international tournament since 1996? Australia
27. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Which player’s withdrawal from the Australian Open led to the alteration of the draw negating the need for the two first round matches? O'Sullivan
28. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: How many of the 16 seeded players advanced to the last 16 of the tournament? 6
29. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Who was responsible for ‘ending home interests?’ Dominic Dale
30. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who became the first Brazilian Master following his whitewash of Graeme Dott in the Final? Shaun Murphy
31. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Which new member of the top 16 won their first professional title in Manchester in November? Martin Gould
32. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who won the General Cup? Stephen Lee
33. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who defeated Steve Davis to win the World Seniors Championship?Darren Morgan
34. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who earned their Premier League place through qualifying via the Championship League? Matthew Stevens
35. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which player called for Barry Hearn’s resignation after his first round victory over Adrian Gunnell? Mark Allen
36. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: How many times had any of the four semi-finalists in York reached this stage before? One
37. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: After a relatively straightforward first round for the seeds; how many of the top eight failed to reach the quarter-finals? Five
38. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which former UK Champion failed to advance from qualifying at Gloucester? White and Ebdon
39. BBC TV: Besides defending his Welsh title; John Higgins was the only defending champion to do what in the BBC tournaments? Win a match - both Mark Selby and Neil Robertson lost their first round matches in their respective defences
40. MISCELLANY: How many 147s on the Professional Circuit in 2011? Nine

Postby PLtheRef

It's me who's running this quiz remember.