Welcome to Snooker’s version of the big fat quiz of the year. Once again there are plenty more teasers for you to answer. Once clue – all of these happened in 2011.
1. MASTERS: Name the only seeded survivor from the first round?
2. MASTERS: Who were announced as sponsors shortly before the tournament began?
3. MASTERS: Which former champion did Ding Junhui defeat en route to the title?
4. SHOOTOUT: Which former World Champion did Steve Davis eliminate in the first round?
5. SHOOTOUT: Which player having lost in the first round retired from snooker immediately?
6. SHOOTOUT: Which player withdrew from the 2011 Shootout?
7. SHOOTOUT: True or false; Nigel Bond was the highest ranked player in each of his matches?
8. GERMAN MASTERS: Which Wildcard was the only winner to advance to the first round proper?
9. GERMAN MASTERS: How did the ‘reigning’ German Masters champion fare in 2011?
10. GERMAN MASTERS: Which player reached the semi-finals aided by the withdrawal from the event by John Higgins in the last 16?
11. WELSH OPEN: Who pushed John Higgins to a deciding frame during the Welsh Open?
12. WELSH OPEN: What does the Welsh Open have in common with the 2011 Masters and 2011 UK Championship Final?
13. WELSH OPEN: Two welsh players reached the quarter-finals; whom?
14. CHINA OPEN: Which former World Champion did Trump defeat 6-1 in the Semi-Finals?
15. CHINA OPEN: Who accidentally ‘expired’ his visa through touring the Far East meaning he was forced to withdraw from the tournament?
16. CHINA OPEN: Which country was represented in the last 32 of a ranking event for the first time?
17. SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Name the young 19 year old who defeated Richy McDonald; Stephen Maguire and Greame Dott in reaching the final?
18. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which two players made the highest break of 138?
19. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who did Stephen Hendry defeat in what has been described as ‘the match that prolonged his career’?
20. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Who won the first frame of the final session in his first round match to avoid a 10-0 whitewash?
21. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which three players had their maiden victories at the Crucible to advance to the second round for the first time?
22. REFEREES: What relation were the two referees for the Scottish Professional Championships?
23. REFEREES: Who refereed Jimmy White’s 147 attempt at the Paul Hunter Classic?
24. REFEREES: Who refereed his fourth World Final at the Crucible?
25. WORLD CUP: Which country were the defending champions heading into the tournament?
26. WORLD CUP: Which country were seeded for this championship having not appeared in an international tournament since 1996?
27. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Which player’s withdrawal from the Australian Open led to the alteration of the draw negating the need for the two first round matches?
28. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: How many of the 16 seeded players advanced to the last 16 of the tournament?
29. AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Who was responsible for ‘ending home interests?’
30. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who became the first Brazilian Master following his whitewash of Graeme Dott in the Final?
31. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Which new member of the top 16 won their first professional title in Manchester in November?
32. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who won the General Cup?
33. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who defeated Steve Davis to win the World Seniors Championship?
34. OTHER TOURNAMENTS: Who earned their Premier League place through qualifying via the Championship League?
35. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which player called for Barry Hearn’s resignation after his first round victory over Adrian Gunnell?
36. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: How many times had any of the four semi-finalists in York reached this stage before?
37. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: After a relatively straightforward first round for the seeds; how many of the top eight failed to reach the quarter-finals?
38. UK CHAMPIONSHIPS: Which former UK Champion failed to advance from qualifying at Gloucester?
39. BBC TV: Besides defending his Welsh title; John Higgins was the only defending champion to do what in the BBC tournaments?
40. MISCELLANY: How many 147s on the Professional Circuit in 2011?
- Posts: 4623
- Joined: 20 December 2009
- Location: Sheffield
- Highest Break: 28
- Walk-On: Vangelis 1492 Conquest of Paradise