Post a reply

Re: Who Said That?!

Postby SnookerEd25

Bit harsh. Seems like a fair question to me

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Patiently waiting for a question.

MinimumBreak sucks :irk:

Postby Minimum Break

Good guess but not Ted.

It was said by a famous snooker name on a TV show. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it or more clues are needed?

Postby SnookerEd25

I’ll try Alex Higgins, perhaps appearing on some chat show where the host kept referring to it in the old North American parlance of ‘snucar’

Maybe something like the ~Late Late Show in Ireland… :chin:

Postby Ck147

Robbo? Aussie’s use “mate” a lot, apparently

Postby chengdufan

Minimum Break wrote:Chengdufan is correct!

Have you seen the show or just a guess?

It rang a bell, and seemed like something the Nugget would say :-)

Postby Minimum Break

chengdufan wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:Chengdufan is correct!

Have you seen the show or just a guess?

It rang a bell, and seemed like something the Nugget would say :-)

He played a version of himself on a sitcom called The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.

https://youtu.be/A2g6D6Ki_-Y

Postby chengdufan

"My friends told me to lose all the _____ we won, which I wasn’t happy about. But in the end, I saw that we had to lose at least part of it – or be robbed.
I didn’t play much in the United States after that."

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:"My friends told me to lose all the _____ we won, which I wasn’t happy about. But in the end, I saw that we had to lose at least part of it – or be robbed.

‘money’

Cliff Thorburn

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:"My friends told me to lose all the _____ we won, which I wasn’t happy about. But in the end, I saw that we had to lose at least part of it – or be robbed.

‘money’

Cliff Thorburn

Bingo!

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

‘money’

Cliff Thorburn

Bingo!

Well, you could have knocked me over with a baseball bat :shock:

Better get researching quotes…

Postby SnookerEd25

“A two frame lead is really —— —-“

:chin:

Postby Prop

“A two frame lead is really nothing when you compare it to Marcus Campbell’s crushing 9-0 whitewash of the then six times World Champion Stephen Hendry to reach the last 32 of the Liverpool Victoria UK Championship in Bournemouth back in 1998, which of course was the year we saw John Higgins win his first World title by defeating defending champion Ken Doherty 18–12, a scoreline no stranger to a certain Ronnie O’Sullivan, who as we all know claimed the 2013 World Championship title with a matching frame record against The Hawk, Barry Hawkins, and speaking of flying, we’ve got Jimmy White on table 2 coming up at 7 this evening, playing in his 42nd season as a professional…”

Phil Studd?

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:very useful?

Dennis Taylor

No.

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:“A two frame lead is really nothing when you compare it to Marcus Campbell’s crushing 9-0 whitewash of the then six times World Champion Stephen Hendry to reach the last 32 of the Liverpool Victoria UK Championship in Bournemouth back in 1998, which of course was the year we saw John Higgins win his first World title by defeating defending champion Ken Doherty 18–12, a scoreline no stranger to a certain Ronnie O’Sullivan, who as we all know claimed the 2013 World Championship title with a matching frame record against The Hawk, Barry Hawkins, and speaking of flying, we’ve got Jimmy White on table 2 coming up at 7 this evening, playing in his 42nd season as a professional…”

Phil Studd?

Ooh, it’s good but it’s not right :sad: