Post a reply

Re: Rules Riddles

Postby AlfGit

mick745 wrote:
AlfGit wrote:
acesinc wrote:So in this championship match, adequately refereed by one of the Rules knowledgeable members, one of the finalists is overly boisterous and goes Judd Trumpian on a Black ball stroke the force of which splits the ball quite cleanly into two major hemispheres and several smaller satellite chunks of debris.

Or it could be that you had Len Ganley refereeing and you chipped the ball and hit him in the groin with it. <laugh>

I am showing my age. :-(

Bet he drinks C....(oh never mind!)

You ask him!

Postby AlfGit

acesinc wrote:It took me a moment to understand, "Unless ..." but now I get it! And you are exactly correct.

Excellent. We now have a new 'official' answer to #2: one that does not defy the WPBSA definitions! :dizzy:

Postby acesinc

AlfGit wrote:
acesinc wrote:It took me a moment to understand, "Unless ..." but now I get it! And you are exactly correct.

Excellent. We now have a new 'official' answer to #2: one that does not defy the WPBSA definitions! :dizzy:

Would you like for me to "write up" the "official" answer to # 2 then? I could probably manage to bring your debutant thread up to 10 pages with a single long post....

rofl

I expect that wouldn't get too many actual "reads" though...

Sure to get the zebra though. If you don't know what that is yet, I am sure someone will post it. I am surprised I haven't already elicited the dancing zebra within this thread.
Last edited by acesinc on 26 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AlfGit

2. You come to the table and pot a red. The referee takes the red from the pocket and puts it on the black spot. Why?
Bearing in mind my misuse of the word 'pot', I believe there is another, simpler solution to to this question that does not involve a foul. It is more likely in an amateur game, but the rules do allow for it. Would anyone like to take a stab at it?