Post a reply

Re: Identify That Match!

Postby Raphael98

As this is being tricky, I will give another clue. The player Parrott defeated was a world champion at the Crucible. And sorry for delaying this quiz for too long.

Postby Juddernaut88

Parrott beat Terry Griffiths?

Can't think of anyone else. I'm pretty sure Spencer, Alex Higgins and Reardon all retired by then. Every other Crucible winner from the 80s and 90s has been mentioned.

Postby Raphael98

Also not as well, unfourtanetely. The thing is, not every world champion at the Crucible has been said on this question. But you are getting there :)

Postby Juddernaut88

For some reason I thought Ken Doherty was already mentioned but looking back it doesn't appear it has.

John Parrot beating Ken Doherty?

Postby Juddernaut88

This match had the longest ever frame which was 123 minutes and 41 seconds long. It was a world championship qualifier. Identify that match.

Postby chengdufan

I'll have another stab at O'Brien v Tian Pengfei, but if that's wrong I'll leave it to others.

Postby Juddernaut88

chengdufan wrote:I'll have another stab at O'Brien v Tian Pengfei, but if that's wrong I'll leave it to others.

Not that one I'm afraid.

Postby Iranu

Gilbert vs Fergal WC qualifiers, can’t remember the year. 2018?

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Gilbert vs Fergal WC qualifiers, can’t remember the year. 2018?

Correct match. The year is invorrect though but extremely close.

Postby Andre147

This player's only ranking event title of his career so far, in a format very much suited to his style of play.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Thepchaiya Un-nooh shoot out 2019?

Correct! Your turn