Post a reply

Re: Identify That Match!

Postby Andre147

Yes, it was a Last 32 match, Ronnie was 13 in the world rankings and the only time since he turned pro that his Top 16 place was at risk.

He won the match from 4 nil down, won 5-4, and then the title, and all his other titles since then. A career changer for sure.

Over to you

Postby Juddernaut88

Big final which goes the distance. The commentator says this at the end of it "A sad champion looks on"

Postby Andre147

Must be Jimmy losing the 1994 world Final?

Postby mick745

The fact you've said "goes the distance" suggests it may be the 1985 final, with Davis the sad champion looking on. I dont remember Lowe saying that though.

Postby Juddernaut88

mick745 wrote:The fact you've said "goes the distance" suggests it may be the 1985 final, with Davis the sad champion looking on. I dont remember Lowe saying that though.

It is the 1985 world championship :) Ted Lowe does say that approximately 30 seconds or so after the final black is potted.

Postby mick745

Ranking final finishes at 2:14am.

Young boy tapes the end of the final as he had to go to bed but the three hour video tape runs out before the conclusion so never got to see it.

Postby SnookerEd25

Is that the Rothmans Grand Prix final, also 1985, also between Steve Davis & Dennis Taylor? :chin:

Postby mick745

SnookerEd25 wrote:Is that the Rothmans Grand Prix final, also 1985, also between Steve Davis & Dennis Taylor? :chin:

Yes. The boy who had to video record the end of the match was me of course.

Postby SnookerEd25

Former World Champion retires from competitive play after humbling whitewash.

Postby SnookerEd25

You got it. Taylor pinched by Barry :ok:

Postby Juddernaut88

Ranking event final between a world class player who was a crowd favourite during this tournament, his opponent was a decent player but was the underdog, the underdog trailed 4-1 but he won 8 frames in a row to win 9-4 and clinch his 3rd ranking title.

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:Marco Fu winning the 2016 Scottish Open?

Yes that's the one :)
Over to you.

Postby Andre147

When asked by the MC: "Did you enjoy the tournament though?" after losing a close ranking event final, the following player said this: "No, right now I feel like jumping off a bridge!".

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:When asked by the MC: "Did you enjoy the tournament though?" after losing a close ranking event final, the following player said this: "No, right now I feel like jumping off a bridge!".

Oh, I remember this.

All except the players involved <doh>

Postby Andre147

Nope.

It was a close ranking event Final, but not a deciding frame.