Post a reply

Re: Identify That Match!

Postby Juddernaut88

Final of a big tournament (not the world championship though) One player is a former world champion, the other is a player that had been coming through in the last few years.
The former world champion missed a big big chance of making a maximum but fails. He ends up losing the final 10-8

Postby mick745

Juddernaut88 wrote:Final of a big tournament (not the world championship though) One player is a former world champion, the other is a player that had been coming through in the last few years.
The former world champion missed a big big chance of making a maximum but fails. He ends up losing the final 10-8

Is it Stevens v Doherty masters final when Doherty missed the black for a maximum?

Postby Juddernaut88

mick745 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Final of a big tournament (not the world championship though) One player is a former world champion, the other is a player that had been coming through in the last few years.

Is it Stevens v Doherty masters final when Doherty missed the black for a maximum?

Yes that's the one :) can you get the year?

Postby mick745

Juddernaut88 wrote:
mick745 wrote:

Yes that's the one :) can you get the year?

2003?

Postby mick745

A rare victory for the crowd favourite in a deciding frame against the dominant player of the time. The dominant player was greeted with a few boos when introduced to the crowd.

Postby Andre147

This player had to withdraw from a Crucible match well into the 1st session citing illness, and he would retire from the game shortly after. What match was this?

Postby SnookerEd25

It was Chris Small in 2005 I think, but I can’t remember the opponent.

I’ll try Angles as he is speaking while I type this.

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:It was Chris Small in 2005 I think, but I can’t remember the opponent.

I’ll try Angles as he is speaking while I type this.

Indeed it's MacManus the opponent, and Small the player involved.

Year is incorrect, but very close.

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:2004 then?

2004 yes.

Small later retired in 2005.

Over to you.

Postby SnookerEd25

Crucible match in which the world number one was defeated 9–13 by world number 19. No.19, who had been defeated by no.1 in the final of the China Open earlier in the season, said that the previous match spurred him to victory.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:Hamilton v MJW in 2002?

Absolutely hit the nail on the head Andre, ‘it’s exactly that :clap:

Postby Andre147

This match is notable for being the first ever match recorded live on TV when a player lost a frame due to the 3 miss rule.

Postby Iranu

Ah man, was that Davis vs Higgins at Goffs?

I’m sure it was Davis who lost the frame :chin: