Post a reply

Re: Identify That Match!

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Marco Fu vs Ryan Day in the German Masters?

Correct players but wrong tournament. The year was 2017.

Postby Juddernaut88

The tournament was during the 2016-2017 season. The year was 2017 so think of the ranking tournaments from January- April 2017. We've established it's not the German Masters or Players championship.
Reminder that when mentioning the tournament to still include the players names.

Postby Andre147

2017 World Grand Prix Semi-Final?

Fu v Day then?

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:2017 World Grand Prix Semi-Final?

Fu v Day then?

He's done it :D

Postby Andre147

A 13-12 win over this legend of the game, the player who won calls this the biggest win of his career, and he now plays in amateur events.

Postby Andre147

I'll give a clue if there's a couple wrong selections, but none so far.

Postby chengdufan

He now plays in amateur events is the standard line on Darren Morgan, so he could be a shout. I don't know the match though.

Postby Andre147

Darren Morgan is the correct player.

But which match and tournament was it?

Postby Juddernaut88

Darren Morgan vs Ronnie O'Sullivan 1997 World championship 2nd round? Morgan winning 13-12

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Darren Morgan vs Ronnie O'Sullivan 1997 World championship 2nd round? Morgan winning 13-12

Correct! Your turn

Postby Juddernaut88

World championship final. The same 2 players meet in the final for a 2nd year running. The player that lost the previous year gets his revenge.

Postby Iranu

These two players, one a former 16 player the other a rising star, made a record six consecutive centuries between them in this qualifier for a big ranking event.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:These two players, one a former 16 player the other a rising star, made a record six consecutive centuries between them in this qualifier for a big ranking event.

I know it's Kyren Wilson v Anthony Hamilton, I believe for some China tournament. Dont know the year though, maybe 2018

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:These two players, one a former 16 player the other a rising star, made a record six consecutive centuries between them in this qualifier for a big ranking event.

I know it's Kyren Wilson v Anthony Hamilton, I believe for some China tournament. Dont know the year though, maybe 2018

You’ve got the players and the tournament but not quite the year!

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:2016 China Open?

Correct! :D Kyren made four centuries and Hamilton two.

Postby Andre147

This great of the game is whitewashed in a Triple Crown match, much to the surprise of everyone.

Postby SnookerEd25

Ray Reardon 5 Steve Davis 0

1988 British Open? :chin:

Postby Juddernaut88

Marcus Campbell beating Stephen Hendry 9-0 in the 1998 UK championship 1st round?

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Marcus Campbell beating Stephen Hendry 9-0 in the 1998 UK championship 1st round?

Yep that is the correct one.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:All I can say is I'm glad I never watched that match live!

You wouldn't been able to, it was before the TV cameras got rolling. It started at the last 64 stage in those days for the top players and the first match wasn't live.