Post a reply

Re: Identify That Match!

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Is Goffs The Irish Masters? I can't think of too many. Was it Ronnie vs Hendry in Irish Masters 2003? Don't even know if they met in a Irish Masters final to be honest lol

Ronnie isn’t Scottish!

I misred it.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Is Goffs The Irish Masters? I can't think of too many. Was it Ronnie vs Hendry in Irish Masters 2003? Don't even know if they met in a Irish Masters final to be honest lol

Ronnie isn’t Scottish!

I misred it.

just so careless at this level :no:

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Hendry vs Higgins. Let's say 2001?

Two players correct, year still not.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Hendry vs Higgins 2000 Irish Masters final?

Correct, 2000 was the last year the Irish Masters was played at Goffs, Higgins won it 9-4 v Hendry.

Postby Juddernaut88

2 big players meet in 3 triple crown finals in the space of 18 months. The first 2 were won by the player who was slightly slightly the more favourite but that could be deemed questionable.
On this 3rd triple crown final the other player would finally get the win for his biggest title.

Postby Juddernaut88

It was early 90s, the player that got revenge was a big big fan favourite.

Postby vodkadiet1

Juddernaut88 wrote:It was early 90s, the player that got revenge was a big big fan favourite.

Jimmy White beating John Parrott in the 92 UK final.

Postby Juddernaut88

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:It was early 90s, the player that got revenge was a big big fan favourite.

Jimmy White beating John Parrott in the 92 UK final.

Correct :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet1

The final year of this non ranking event played at Bristol in 1989 between a past and future Masters finalist and a future World Champion. The spoils going to the former.

Postby Andre147

Past and future Masters finalist must be Mike Hallett. So he won this tournament then? Haven't a clue which one it could be.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:Past and future Masters finalist must be Mike Hallett. So he won this tournament then? Haven't a clue which one it could be.

Hallett is correct.

The event only ran from 1985-1989 and previously just in 1981.

It was held at The Redwood Lodge in Bristol the ladst time it was played.

Postby vodkadiet1

Juddernaut88 wrote:Is the future world champion John Parrott?

Yes!

But which tournament? It wasn't high profile. I don'e even think it was televised.

Postby Juddernaut88

I will take a guess and say matchroom final 1989 between John Parrott and Mike Hallett

Postby vodkadiet1

Juddernaut88 wrote:I will take a guess and say matchroom final 1989 between John Parrott and Mike Hallett

No. You had to be born in a particular geographical area to play in this event.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:

Yes!

But which tournament? It wasn't high profile. I don'e even think it was televised.

How do you even remember this stuff, not even on TV?

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Yes!

How do you even remember this stuff, not even on TV?

Old age!

Okay. That was too difficult. Hallett beat Parrott 9-7 and it was The English Professional Championship.

Back to you or Juddernaut, Andre.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 19 Apr 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Juddernaut88

Vodka you can ask another question, I believe the rules usually are if no one gets the question and the question setter reveals the answer, they can then ask another question.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Vodka you can ask another question, I believe the rules usually are if no one gets the question and the question setter reveals the answer, they can then ask another question.

Yes indeed. Ask another one.

Postby vodkadiet1

Juddernaut88 wrote:Vodka you can ask another question, I believe the rules usually are if no one gets the question and the question setter reveals the answer, they can then ask another question.

Okay. Mick got it right but only after I gave the answer.

All overseas encounter in World Championship quarter final between World Cup team mates with the elder winning final 3 frames for dramtaic final frame win.

Postby vodkadiet1

Juddernaut88 wrote:Cliff Thorburn vs Bill Wernebech? Not sure about year though.

No.