Re: 2 Word Clue

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:New clue:

Just Ending

Cao Yupeng

Postby Prop

Marco Fu?

The ending of ‘just’ is UST, the United States Treasury, aka US Mint > Polo mint > Marco Polo > Marco Fu.

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:Not Cao.

The old Radiohead song 'Just' immediately sprung to mind. The end of the first verse is Holy Cow

Postby chengdufan

Let's get Ding Junhui out of the way

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:
LDS wrote:Not Cao.

The old Radiohead song 'Just' immediately sprung to mind. The end of the first verse is Holy Cow

You might be onto something here. But rather the enigmatic ending of the video. The guy lying on the floor won’t move, bystanders pleading with him to tell them why he won’t get up. He tells them, but there are no subtitles at that point, so we don’t know what he says. The camera zooms out and pans right, revealing dozens more people just lying there on the pavement.

And I’m still no closer <laugh>

Postby Prop

Some people think he says “You do it to yourself”. So perhaps Yu Delu?

Postby Prop

Clutching at straws here, but a draw could be described as a ‘just ending’, so maybe Drew Henry.

Postby Prop

Also, finish (Finnish) is an ending, so Robin Hull.

Postby chengdufan

You'd expect a (Michael) Judge to provide a just ending

Postby Prop

The 2008 World Series was won by John Higgins. It was played in Saint Helier. The end of ‘just’ is st > saint.

Postby Iranu

Just could refer to the Just William books.

The last of those books (ending) was William the Lawless.

A lawless person might be a thief.

So I’ll go with Robbie Williams.

Yes, it’s a stretch rofl

Postby LDS

It's not John nor Robbie.

As there's been lots of answers I feel I ought to give a clue which would likely enable someone to instantly get it, but I feel this would be unkind to the overnighters who haven't had a punt yet.

I will say this though, someone was a gnat's whisker from getting it. They will be truly kicking themselves if someone else does steal this one.

Postby Prop

It’s not Paul Hunter is it? Same ‘saint’ logic as I mentioned before - St Paul being one of the better known saints.

Postby Prop

Or maybe Billy Joe Castle. He’s from Southampton, the football club being nicknamed the Saints.

Postby chengdufan

The Sheriff of Pottingham, Anthony Hamilton?

Postby Iranu

Just Jordan was (apparently) a Nickelodeon sitcom.

Just William’s surname was brown.

I’ll stretch a bit further and go Jordan Brown!

Postby chengdufan

Zak Surety

Postby AlfGit

Ben Woollaston?

Postby LDS

Ok, clue time.

I thought this one might be got very quickly, though I was aware the player might be not one that easily comes to people's minds.

Both Prop and Chen seemed to quickly get how the clue worked, but then stopped following that logic. Chen was the one who was a gnat's whisker away.

Another, different type of clue, I considered for the player was:

Fantasy Rivertown?

(for those for whom the former clue still doesn't mean anything. But I thought this clue would be too convoluted)

Postby Prop

Matt (even) Stevens?

Postby Prop

I’m banging my head against the wall for UST acronyms. But I don’t know if that’s the correct logic, either.