Post a reply

Re: 2 Word Clue

Postby Prop

There’s apparently a brand of Chinese green tea called Gunpowder Tea. So maybe Ryan Dynamite Day?

Postby AlfGit

Lei Peifan?

Postby chengdufan

If you think about flowers beginning with the letter T, the first one that comes to mind is the Tiger Lily, so I'll try the Chinese Tiger, Yan Bingtao.

Postby LDS

No, not Lei or Yan.

It's much easier than you imagine.

Googling the letter T isn't going to help much, I sympathise, but the letter T should have some common associations that everyone knows. The same can be said for flower. Imagine this clue is a word association game and see what the first few things you think of for each word.

Postby AlfGit

Nothing is jumping out.

I thought of Willie Thorne, the 'Great WT' (is what he called himself), and roses are flowers that grow on thorn bushes.

Flower is an easy anagram of Fowler, so I thought of Danny Fowler, but there is no indication that anagrams are involved, and I don't see how it would connect to the T.

So I thought of flowery teas. Chamomile lead nowhere. Earl Grey could link to David Gray, but that seems too tenuous.

If you say 'Flower T' quickly enough, it sounds a little like Doherty. <laugh>

:shrug:

Postby LDS

Interesting thinking, but not Thorne, Fowler or Gray.

You don't need to think of anything that isn't T, it's not tea or tee or anything else, just T.

Postby McManusFan

Judd Trump?

One's anus could euphemistically be called a flower which leads to rump, add a T and you get Trump.

Postby LDS

<laugh> I like it & wish it was right, but the answer is much less interesting. Not Trump.

No things that are like flowers or names of flowers, just a word that is often associated alongside the word flower. Like wall would be a flower word association, but it's not wall.

Postby Iranu

Pot the lot Dott?

Postby Prop

Martin Gould?

Flower power (60s fashion)
T > tea cup > cup > championship
Power Snooker championship
Martin Gould was the last to win it

Postby chengdufan

Flower bud
T minus x seconds - time

Bud time

Bill Werbeniuk

Postby Prop

Judd?

There’s something called a Trumpet Vine.

Postby AlfGit

McManusFan wrote:Simon Bedford

Flower BED + (model T) Ford

Of course, that must be it! I thought of Model T, but only got as far as Tom Ford. <doh>

Postby McManusFan

AlfGit wrote:

Of course, that must be it! I thought of Model T, but only got as far as Tom Ford. <doh>

Yeah the extra clues had be looking for flower bed, and when I saw Bedford it all clicked.

Postby LDS

AlfGit wrote:

<laugh>

Postby McManusFan

This one will probably be pretty easy:

Measured typist.

Postby Prop

Jamie Clarke (clerk)?

Postby Prop

Or maybe Rhys Clark. Not getting the ‘measured’ bit, though :chin: